Jump to content

The Careers Thread


MarketTantrik
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Is that weird?

Also when I said soon, I dont mean immediately lol. Just trying to gather general info from people.

Im sure some of us have been abroad to work/study/scholarships/something else. 

Well, via the work route you will need to earn a minimum amount and your company has to sponsor you for a work visa. Unless, you are running a business. This doesn't apply to you yet.

 

If you get into a good college and by that I mean atleast the levels of DTU/NSIT (assuming that you are gonna pursue B.tech), you will have an opportunity to intern abroad in your 2nd year, you will be paid for it and mostly all the expenses will be covered but can vary. Again, your CGPA and CV need to be good enough.

 

For going to study from the get go, you will need to start thinking about SAT, TOEFL and IELTS. But mind you, even scoring high in these won't land you a decent scholarship. Your extra and co currics need to be exceptionally good otherwise you gotta pay.

 

Most straight forward way I think, is to score 97.5%+ in 12th boards or <1000 (<800 to be safe) in Jee Advanced, then you will be able to get into NUS with financial aid, you will have to work in Singapore for 2 years after graduation but that's totally fine.

 

And for the something else part, spend and tour is relatively straight forward.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Does anybody know here free CV Maker(which has template options available) which actually lets you save and download the resume from their website for free. All of them which I tried. I wrote everything but in the end when I try to download and save it asks for money. :\ All efforts wasted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Does anybody know here free CV Maker(which has template options available) which actually lets you save and download the resume from their website for free. All of them which I tried. I wrote everything but in the end when I try to download and save it asks for money. :\ All efforts wasted.

https://cvmkr.com/

 

Basic 4-5 templates are free. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://cvmkr.com/
 
Basic 4-5 templates are free. 
This is really great thanks. Also any recommendation for career sites for non IT roles? My personal experience with LinkedIn hasn't been great. Not a single one replied even for posts that I was Over qualified for. Having a really hard time with it.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

This is really great thanks. Also any recommendation for career sites for non IT roles? My personal experience with LinkedIn hasn't been great. Not a single one replied even for posts that I was Over qualified for. Having a really hard time with it.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk
 

Iimjobs is pretty good. Although, the best way to get a job is through your network. Friend, acquaintance, former coworker, friend of friend, etc. at a place you wanna work will have much better chances of you getting a call than any job portal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I attended GATE 2020 to pursue MTECH in CS and I was able to achieve AIR 312 GEN category. Pursuing final sem of my CSE BE (no update but we are expecting some form of general promotion).


The thing is, it's been 4 rounds of counselling for IIT's (through this portal called COAP) and I still haven't got an offer. I Applied to 7 iits (core courses in CSE) and top 4 NITs. Still waiting for NITs to publish the result as it's been delayed. Today was the second last round for COAP and I couldn't get an offer. The last few months have been very rough and I have pretty much lost hope for IITs.

 

Can anyone from a similar background provide some info? How is going for PG at NITs? What about vs IITs? IIITs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Aloy said:

I attended GATE 2020 to pursue MTECH in CS and I was able to achieve AIR 312 GEN category. Pursuing final sem of my CSE BE (no update but we are expecting some form of general promotion).


The thing is, it's been 4 rounds of counselling for IIT's (through this portal called COAP) and I still haven't got an offer. I Applied to 7 iits (core courses in CSE) and top 4 NITs. Still waiting for NITs to publish the result as it's been delayed. Today was the second last round for COAP and I couldn't get an offer. The last few months have been very rough and I have pretty much lost hope for IITs.

 

Can anyone from a similar background provide some info? How is going for PG at NITs? What about vs IITs? IIITs?

I am from IITD (b.tech+m.tech), not sure what your exact query is. Ping me for anything specific.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
9 hours ago, Thegothamchampion said:

Actually I was unemployed for an year at that time and finally found a job last week so now I don't have any queries for now.

Nice to hear that you found a job. Hope everything is well now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Thegothamchampion said:

My cousin is IIM b alumna. If there's anything important I can ask her.

 

7 hours ago, yatin509 said:
6 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I am from IImcom. It's useless. Isse acha padne ka hi nahi.

I am from IIMC

I actually got into IIMA and was confused regarding whether I should join straight away or defer. 

Ended up putting applying for defer, let's see if it's approved or not. Otherwise will probably withdraw and give CAT again couple of years down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

 

I actually got into IIMA and was confused regarding whether I should join straight away or defer. 

Ended up putting applying for defer, let's see if it's approved or not. Otherwise will probably withdraw and give CAT again couple of years down the line.

Some of my friends who scored above 740 in gmat have done the same. Mba is a once in a lifetime experience and its most important aspect is making your network and connections. Ones who were sure they'll easily get into ISB especially didn't want to spend 35 lakh on a degree where half or even full of their course would be done on ZOOM.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...