The Assassin Posted January 19, 2011 Report Share Posted January 19, 2011 Activision has recommended Bizarre Creations be closed as it hasn't been able to find a buyer for the Blur developer. The future of Bizarre has been hanging in the balance since November last year when Activision told CVG it was looking at options for the studio. Coddy Johnson, Activision Worldwide Studios' chief operating officer, has today said the publisher "looked at all options" before recommending to close the studio. He told Develop: "I want to be clear, our first choice was to try and keep this group together and find a buyer for the studio. This decision comes after a few months of exhausted examination of a number of different options across the board." He added: "We of course care about this team. We're offering the studio as many resources as possible, including counselling, external placement services and external career fairs." Johnson stressed that the group has "explored a lot of leads - pretty much anyone you can imagine in the industry". "But unfortunately, so far we've not been able to find any interested parties. So we've made as a last resort, a recommendation to the team for closure," he added. CVG Feel so sad I was hoping that MS would buy Bizzare again to make PGR 5 since 360 has no exclusives. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The JACKAL Posted January 19, 2011 Report Share Posted January 19, 2011 Im came here raging with anger................ thought it was 'blizzard' . *phew* Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pushy Posted January 19, 2011 Report Share Posted January 19, 2011 fail Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zeehunter Posted January 20, 2011 Report Share Posted January 20, 2011 CVG Feel so sad I was hoping that MS would buy Bizzare again to make PGR 5 since 360 has no exclusives. Yeah it would have been great. They could have made Forza Simulator racing and PGR arcade racing Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The JACKAL Posted January 20, 2011 Report Share Posted January 20, 2011 Also in other news Activision threatens to pull support for call of duty on psn. Just gets better dosent it Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.