FIFA 12

TheDribbler

FIFA 12: new features detailed as EA revamps gameplay

While many games in the sporting genre continue to offer little more than an upgrade to their predecessor, FIFA has come on leaps and bounds over the last few years implementing a wide range of game modes, online innovations and a truly outstanding game engine that works wonders to simulate the beautiful game. Though FIFA 11 was more of a refinement of FIFA 10's issues than a further evolution of the series, it certainly didn't disappoint. However there was still plenty of room for improvement.

This year there are going to be some major changes. Not content with the beautiful game that FIFA 11 currently delivers, FIFA 12 looks to improve in almost every department. The latest issue of OXM speaks with Lead gameplay designer Aaron McHardy who reveals how the football on the pitch has been fine-tuned with precision dribbling, new defensive maneuvers and the ability to get injured while playing.

McHardy says you can injure your players by over-working them, or making a rash challenge, as well as through crunching tackles from your opponents. In defense, players will no longer be able to "press" opponents, but will instead be able to "contain," jockeying them into a safe position before timing a tackle to perfection. Animations will also be overhauled to bring home the intensity of the tackle. Overall, McHardy claims the FIFA 12 Impact Engine now "gives us better accuracy, better momentum, more realistic outcomes, solving a lot of situations we tried not to get into before."

Dribbling has also been enhanced and now, instead of having two changes of pace – slow and fast – players will have a third "jogging" speed they can use which aims to give us more control over the ball as well as the ability to dribble and shield. And you're going need every trick in the book to work your way past defenses as A.I. in FIFA 12 is said be vastly improved.

Overall, OXM seemed bowled over by FIFA 12. "The result is physical play that looks astonishingly authentic," says the author. "EA's hoping that by making defensive play more strategic, even nil-nil draws will be gripping." FIFA 12 is due for release in October, 2011.

All these details are getting me pretty excited....... :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

jogging dribbling thats a good feature.will make the game more real.

sad though that again the pc version will be second best and we will get these features on fifa13.

McHardy says you can injure your players by over-working them, or making a rash challenge, as well as through crunching tackles from your opponents. In defense, players will no longer be able to "press" opponents, but will instead be able to "contain," jockeying them into a safe position before timing a tackle to perfection. Animations will also be overhauled to bring home the intensity of the tackle.

They better keep a tab on the bolded part :threatenlumber: . I dont want Drogba/Nando/Lamps to be injured when some a**hole makes an intentional tackle online to take my star players off the pitch

They better keep a tab on the bolded part :threatenlumber: . I dont want Drogba/Nando/Lamps to be injured when some a**hole makes an intentional tackle online to take my star players off the pitch

+1

i will be of no use if rooney is injured. :|

I promise i will never do that to Rooney :)

i dont think i ever slide until and unless i am 100% sure that i will win the ball. maybe 1 slide per 3/4 matches :bigyellowgrin:

jogging dribbling thats a good feature.will make the game more real.

sad though that again the pc version will be second best and we will get these features on fifa13.

Strong rumor that

david rutter is the producer for pc version too

so it could be possible that pc version=console version

the injury feature can be a disadvantage especially in online play..where we will find many faggots juz trying to takedown our team's important players ..

my concern exactly

How about Ibra getting injured ? ;)

Y U LITTLE.... :rant:

:chair: :chair: :chair:

the injury feature can be a disadvantage especially in online play..where we will find many faggots juz trying to takedown our team's important players ..

i think they will limit the number of players that can get injured to 1 or max 2 per game....

what i really want in FIFA12 is for the devs to do something about QUITTERS!!!! :rant:

there should be no quit match option... force the @#$%@ to reboot teh game/modem if they wanna bail... or give their ps3 herpes

Archived