EA Sports Ditches Printed Manuals

Parker

EA Sports Goes Green; Will No Longer Include Printed Instruction Manual in Game Packages

Does anybody still read user manuals these days? Because EA Sports thinks you’re probably just looking for walkthroughs online, they’ve ditched printed manuals. It’s great for the environment, too.

EA Sports spokesman Rob Sensey has confirmed that they stopped shipping games with printed manuals as of March 1, 2011. This started with the release of Fight Night Champion. According to EA, this move was done in an effort to help reduce printing costs, and to minimize the use of paper. In case you don’t know, paper comes from trees (which means money, theoretically, grows on trees, too).

EA reasons that most games will come with pre-game tutorials, anyway, in which the first few stages are meant to be the instructional material. So unless you really like having a printed manual for reference or light bathroom reading, you won’t be missing the instruction booklet. And in case you do like reading manuals in the bathroom, then you can probably get online with your tablet or smartphone, anyway.

Source

No more dead weights 2 courier frm now :bigyellowgrin: ...

I am happy to hear this....i know its also a way to save money...but it is also going to help environment ...which is always good to hear in this age......after all every second our earth is loosing a football field size forest ....it is important issue and we need to make little to big sacrifices. :cheers:

They should just stop using toilet paper and switch to regular water jets :giggle:

Will save what 100X times more paper than this :P

I like my manuals :cry:

Lol :D

This will help them in two ways 1) wipe out the sh*t completely of their B**s and 2)provide us manuals too

:cheers:

Good thing,not everyone bothers about the Manual anyway and also they can just include a downloadable copy or a link in their website for the manual hoe's :P

PS - Even i used to reas when i sh*t. :|

Good move. 99% of the people don't care for manuals. Save some paper, money & effort. All win.

:O

How can u say 99% ppl dnt care ?

Sure u dnt like it but others like me love reading manuals

I hope they dnt do it for other than EA sports :nerves:

abey tum logon ko game manual ki itni padi hai :ack: ... kabhi apni bike/TV/HT/camera ki manual nikaal ke padhi hai tum sab ne :threatenlumber: ...

jis cheez ka koi importance nahin, usko banake kharcha kyun kare...

toilet pe padhna hai toh news-paper leke padha karo :good: ...

n if u r fookemon fan, then i hav noting 2 say :giggle: ... u knw ur material :P ...

EA has made a point... y waste resources wen dat same thing is inside da game...

aur agar manual ke badle PSN card mil jaye, toh kya kehne :devil: ...

Archived