The Travel Thread

MAK

4 minutes ago, hope said:

Itna budget nhi hai yaar :P

Is thailand good for Honeymoon trip?Singapore for Family?

Thailand for honeymoon is decent, good beaches, good party places, cheap, great for shopping. 

Singapore is a really nice place. A family trip will be fun there. A lot of cool places to see. Bit expensive on the shopping front, so feel free to avoid it as much as possible. 

Thailand is better with friends or as a couple. It's okay for a honeymoon. Too hot though. 

Japan is also a good place, mainly during winter. 

Wherever you plan to go, make sure you book your flight in advance, like a month(s) before and look for the cheapest option. 

13 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Singapore is a really nice place. A family trip will be fun there. A lot of cool places to see. Bit expensive on the shopping front, so feel free to avoid it as much as possible. 

Thailand is better with friends or as a couple. It's okay for a honeymoon. Too hot though. 

Japan is also a good place, mainly during winter. 

Wherever you plan to go, make sure you book your flight in advance, like a month(s) before and look for the cheapest option. 

Ya flight booking will be in advance.Thailand will be Hot during Winters as well.Around December time?

I want to avoid Hot Climate like totally.

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Singapore, Hong Kong. As Joe said Singapore is pretty good. 

Yup Singa even i am pretty certain on.

Thailand is always hot. Average during December is still between 25 to 30°C+. Loy Krathong starts in November and during December beaches get crowded. So that's there too. 

I wouldn't go there for special occasions. It's rather a cheap place with full of beaches, booze, loud and whatnot. If you are not into that, you wouldn't really have fun.

(there are good places too but eh, rather somewhere else).

Singapore is actually better. Had a blast. From Merlion to Night Safari, everything actually suits well for family and even for a couple, you can have a nice quiet lovely time. 

14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Thailand is always hot. Average during December is still between 25 to 30°C+. Loy Krathong starts in November and during December beaches get crowded. So that's there too. 

I wouldn't go there for special occasions. It's rather a cheap place with full of beaches, booze, loud and whatnot. If you are not into that, you wouldn't really have fun.

(there are good places too but eh, rather somewhere else).

Singapore is actually better. Had a blast. From Merlion to Night Safari, everything actually suits well for family and even for a couple, you can have a nice quiet lovely time. 

Other than Singapore.What can be a good destination for couple?Nice and quiet.

33 minutes ago, hope said:

Other than Singapore.What can be a good destination for couple?Nice and quiet.

Maldives, take an all inclusive package. 

• Like 1

It depends on what you want to do.

If you just want to have a lovely quiet time while exploring and tasting the food, then go to Mauritius or Bali or even Maldives. 

If you want to check out rich cultural heritage and stuff, then go to Vietnam or Laos. 

If you love sea diving/scuba diving and beaches, go to Bora Bora. 

All are a good destination on a budget. d3m0h7f.png

Pick any destination based on your interest and places you like. Example: want to check out Disneyland (amazing)? Go to Hong Kong. You can make it as a honeymoon trip. Don't just plan for beaches (since most young couples do) since they feel the same after couple days. You have to island-hop to enjoy. 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Maldives, take an all inclusive package. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

It depends on what you want to do.

If you just want to have a lovely quiet time while exploring and tasting the food, then go to Mauritius or Bali or even Maldives. 

If you want to check out rich cultural heritage and stuff, then go to Vietnam or Laos. 

If you love sea diving/scuba diving and beaches, go to Bora Bora. 

All are a good destination on a budget. d3m0h7f.png

Pick any destination based on your interest and places you like. Example: want to check out Disneyland (amazing)? Go to Hong Kong. You can make it as a honeymoon trip. Don't just plan for beaches (since most young couples do) since they feel the same after couple days. You have to island-hop to enjoy. 

Ok got it.Thanks for the Suggestions guys.

Also,what about money?Our cc dc wrk there?Exchange there or from here only?

I'm not sure about that. Maybe someone else can post regarding it.

However, wherever I travelled, I always carried all forms and never had an issue with a credit card.

• Local currency - 5% 
  • Exchanged currency - 55% -> for travelling around.
  • Credit card - 35% -> mainly for hotels, meals, rentals, etc.
  • Debit card - 5% -> in case you need additional pocket change.

When using CC, make sure you ask about fees and exchange rate. Also, divide your money. Have a second wallet. 

Ok got it.Thanks for the Suggestions guys.

Also,what about money?Our cc dc wrk there?Exchange there or from here only?

Get a forex card from Centrum. Dirt cheap conversion rates. Better than most of the Indian bank's offer.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk