The Travel Thread

MAK

If this is your first time travelling without a plan, which it seems to be by your text, let the intimidation pass by. Some of my fondest travel memories have been because I ignored the itch to plan and just.. went. 

Reach, walk around, talk to people, locals, travellers, figure out where you want to be based on how you're feeling at that time, and day. Because no matter what, even if you end up "missing" the must-sees and must do's, your trip would be incredible fun, memorable, and very, extremely personal. 

Also, NE is beautiful and very charming. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

The previous thread seems to be deleted so starting this. 

I have wanted to visit North East India since quite some time so booked tickets for shillong. But I don't actually know jack about the place. If anyone has been there, then please help with the itinerary, what to visit, where to stay, etc. 

I thought I'll just wing it but seems kinda intimidating when I actually sat to think about it. 

I'm there from 13 Sep evening to 21 Sep afternoon. 

No worries mate. Its still India. 

Shillong in itself is good for 2 - 3 days max. Lakes, waterfalls etc. Very Cheap booze :D

You could then head to Meghalaya -  Cherapunjee and around. If you feel adventurous, there are cave tours in Meghalaya. Find a right tour company for this.

If not so, the roots bridges and Dawki river will be quite a ride. Lot of waterfalls around. Transport is an issue. Local buses and shared taxis are there. 

Start researching. 

Can someone shed some light on Dubai visa processing? I am planning to go in the first week of October with family for about 5 days.

So, how soon should I apply for a visa? And who is the best vendor for it (online)? 

P.S: I already have the to(Emirates) and fro(Indigo) flight tickets.

1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Can someone shed some light on Dubai visa processing? I am planning to go in the first week of October with family for about 5 days.

So, how soon should I apply for a visa? And who is the best vendor for it (online)? 

P.S: I already have the to(Emirates) and fro(Indigo) flight tickets.

Go on Emirates website and manage your booking. Apply for visa.

You will be redirected to VFS website where you can complete the form and get details.

You can apply right now.

If you have a valid US visa then you can get visa on arrival.

Edited by kunjanp
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, kunjanp said:

You will be redirected to VFS website where you can complete the form and get details.

You can apply right now.

Thanks will check VFS.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, kunjanp said:

You can apply right now.

For me I had a booking on indigo they did the processing. 

UAE has multiple visa processors. Emirates has a tie with VFS and in my opinion it's the best.
Why do you say so, I had 0 issues with indigo and it came in a day or two. Whatever is the easiest is what consider the best [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Why do you say so, I had 0 issues with indigo and it came in a day or two. Whatever is the easiest is what consider the best emoji14.png

Emirates is exclusive with VFS.

Plus, VFS is the sole processor for many other countries, so you don't have to make multiple accounts and go through the initial verifications again. So, just convenience.

49 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Emirates is exclusive with VFS.

Plus, VFS is the sole processor for many other countries, so you don't have to make multiple accounts and go through the initial verifications again. So, just convenience.

I did not have to make any account with indigo so there you go, and just for information registrations in VFS to schedule appointments get deleted after 30 days of inactivity :lol:

Anyway point is to get visa with least steps.. 

Edited by AtheK

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

I did not have to make any account with indigo so there you go, and just for information registrations in VFS to schedule appointments get deleted after 30 days of inactivity :lol:

I only have a return flight with Indigo, will I still be able to get a visa by going through Indigo?

I only have a return flight with Indigo, will I still be able to get a visa by going through Indigo?
Check with them, or as kunjanp said check with Emirates, more or less process will be same. You don't go anywhere, it's all online.

10 hours ago, AtheK said:

Lol, my last msg wasn't clear.

There isn't an account per se. 

UK and Canada visa applications go through VFS only and when I applied for Dubai there wasn't any need to even give any particulars except my itinerary, rest was already filled in.

Plus, you go through VFS enough times and you can get express processing for free. Although this seems random.

51 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Hmmm, I am not sure. 

Just go with Emirates, it won't be much different.

I think emirates doesn't allow you to get visa via them, if you don't have the return tickets booked with them. I tried via manage booking today, but it wasn't allowing me to choose the flight in the list, even though my travel date is well below 60 days.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Maximus said:

Hey guys, just booked tickets to Phuket, Krabi and Phi Phi and traveling tonight. Please help with the "not to be missed" list of activities or tourist spots. It will be great help as have done no research on this. 

Have fun man! Dont have any tips Ive never been there :p 

10 hours ago, Maximus said:

Hey guys, just booked tickets to Phuket, Krabi and Phi Phi and traveling tonight. Please help with the "not to be missed" list of activities or tourist spots. It will be great help as have done no research on this. 

Boom boom massage. 

Once you are done with that, nothing you can do in Phi Phi don island, it's an island and we were confined to our resort. Go snorkeling maybe, or water sports. 

Phuket has few places like phantsea show, again nice beach, a big Buddha statue, ppl going crazy at bangla street. Did not got o Krabi, though guess snorkelling will be again the main adventure. 

When this is done boom boom massage. 

Edited by AtheK