The Travel Thread

MAK

• 1 month later...

Well looking at the situation, there aren't any trips in the foreseeable future. However I did get the chance to visit Kashmir in early, when the situation was somewhat stable.

Sharing a couple pictures with positive intentions, hoping we all get to travel again very soon :) 

img%5D

img%5D

PS. Excuse the quality as JPEG and Imgur aren't doing me any favours. Also yes, it was snowing when we went there. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well looking at the situation, there aren't any trips in the foreseeable future. However I did get the chance to visit Kashmir in early, when the situation was somewhat stable.

Sharing a couple pictures with positive intentions, hoping we all get to travel again very soon :) 

img%5D

img%5D

PS. Excuse the quality as JPEG and Imgur aren't doing me any favours. Also yes, it was snowing when we went there. 

It is a beautiful place glad you got to see it before all the craziness.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Came back from Valley of Flowers trek 2 days ago. What an amazing experience. It was my 1st solo travel trip and thanks to my wife she allowed me to go. Landslides stopped us a lot but we managed to come back after plenty of delays.  Here are some pics. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTu_W0yhXlg/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Came back from Valley of Flowers trek 2 days ago. What an amazing experience. It was my 1st solo travel trip and thanks to my wife she allowed me to go. Landslides stopped us a lot but we managed to come back after plenty of delays.  Here are some pics. 

Nice pictures ?

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, eddy4823 said:

Amazing. I am jealous. 

Finally some travel pictures :wub:

12 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Anyone who travelled to mumbai recently know if they ask rt pcr report at airport for domestic travellers?

Rt-PCR is compulsory. Only it is not required if you are done with second dose and the 15 day period.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Anyone who travelled to mumbai recently know if they ask rt pcr report at airport for domestic travellers?

I travelled to Mumbai 2 weeks back.
RT PCR is mandatory.
But there was absolutely no checking anywhere, I had both my vaccine and rt pcr certificate. But i was not checked.

However when i returned to Karnataka they stopped us in the border and checked our certificates

Edited by silentassassin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Rt-PCR is compulsory. Only it is not required if you are done with second dose and the 15 day period.

Know it's mandatory but wanted to know if they check it at the airport. Know for sure that they don't at train stations & land borders. 

36 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

I travelled to Mumbai 2 weeks back.
RT PCR is mandatory.
But there was absolutely no checking anywhere, I had both my vaccine and rt pcr certificate. But i was not checked.

However when i returned to Karnataka they stopped us in the border and checked our certificates

Matches with what I heard. While coming back they do check at all 3 places ( land, air and train) although you can skip at land border by paying 200 Rs extra to the bus guy. On train stn they do free test and airport they test and send you home (not sure free or paid)

oooh thats been on the radar forever. now its too late, will have to go next year.

how difficult is the trek really? and is July the best time to go? for peak flower season basically?

who did you book the trek with? 

oooh thats been on the radar forever. now its too late, will have to go next year.

how difficult is the trek really? and is July the best time to go? for peak flower season basically?

who did you book the trek with? 
Trek is not easy as it is advertised. There's no camping allowed in Valley of Flowers so if you leave your hotel/homestay for VoF, you have to come back same day (before 5 PM).

Day 1 is 9kms up.

Day 2 is VoF is 7.5kms up and then down 7.5k.

Day 3 is Hemkund Sahib which is tougher (6kms up and 6 kms down) even though there's a proper staircase made for you. Elevation is 4300m. You gain 1000m in a matter of hours which gets tough. I highly recommend taking a dip at the lake. It was 1 degree temperature but that didn't stop me.

I booked via Thrillophillia.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...