The Travel Thread

MAK

Guys, anyone know currently how much processing time UK visa's are taking? I want to travel December end. I've applied for the visa, my biometrics are on 22 / 23. That gives me a month. It is strongly advised not to book anything, but If I wait the costs go up by a lot

Please advice if anyone here is experienced in this. 

9 minutes ago, hussain said:

Guys, anyone know currently how much processing time UK visa's are taking? I want to travel December end. I've applied for the visa, my biometrics are on 22 / 23. That gives me a month. It is strongly advised not to book anything, but If I wait the costs go up by a lot

Please advice if anyone here is experienced in this. 

Around 3 weeks.

Possibly more.

7 minutes ago, hussain said:

Do you know anyone who's recently gotten their visa?

Yeah, my friend applied for it via VFS Delhi.

She got it within 3 weeks.

Another friend has also applied, under processing since 2 weeks.

Although I have heard that some got it within 10 days as well.

Quite a lot of demand, hence the variability.

They do have fast track options but it's expensive.

12 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah, my friend applied for it via VFS Delhi.

She got it within 3 weeks.

Another friend has also applied, under processing since 2 weeks.

Although I have heard that some got it within 10 days as well.

Quite a lot of demand, hence the variability.

They do have fast track options but it's expensive.

I cant find any fast track option, is that only available in Delhi or something? VFS global doesnt show me that service

2 hours ago, hussain said:

I cant find any fast track option, is that only available in Delhi or something? VFS global doesnt show me that service

It's technically not via VFS but via the UK Visa website.

It's anyway costs almost 60k/person and gets you the visa in 5 days, so not practical.

Just apply asap in the normal way and hopefully you'll get it by mid-dec.

Travelling to Dubai on 14th Dec so,

Can i book a flight ticket with an expired passport ? which got expired 2 months back, and change it later when i receive my renewal passport ?

Will get my renewal passport by Dec 3rd and i want to book the tickets now due to price increase.  

5 hours ago, PlainDosa said:

Travelling to Dubai on 14th Dec so,

Can i book a flight ticket with an expired passport ? which got expired 2 months back, and change it later when i receive my renewal passport ?

Will get my renewal passport by Dec 3rd and i want to book the tickets now due to price increase.  

Whenever you renew your passport, the Passport number changes, if there’s an option to change that information in the ticket details after booking the ticket, then you may book it. Also, the older passport number is mentioned in the new one, maybe that will help. My suggestion is to ask the airlines customer support first.

Edited by him2anshu

What is the best and cheapest way to book flights to Goa from Delhi (or Lucknow). When I searched in Paytm, the flights are usually taking more than 6-7 hours! Even from Delhi which just wouldn't work out.

Also, which platform do you guys use for booking flight tickets?

Thinking of Goa/Andaman etc. Before Office opening with wife.

Also, what are the hill stations in India where we could directly reach there with flight? Hill Stations are good but I don't like the journey to reach there, usually get carsick and too many change needed when opting for transport. It's kind of a hindrance for me. I know many people actually love the journey itself. Not me. Maybe with bike someday with friends but not like this.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

So this is not about travel but related to it. 

My flatmate had a horrible experience with Go Air recently. 

His flight to shillong was cancelled few hours before taking off. Got zero support from the staff. 

He had to book another ticket for double the price. Normally in my experience airlines like indigo make alternate arrangements but nothing here. 

To top it all off he literally got a refund of 500 rupees for all this bullshit. 

Would help if you guys can retweet or something. 

Expected from Go or Spice. Indigo is slightly better, but their staff is the rudest IMO. I consciously try to avoid them. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

So this is not about travel but related to it. 

My flatmate had a horrible experience with Go Air recently. 

His flight to shillong was cancelled few hours before taking off. Got zero support from the staff. 

He had to book another ticket for double the price. Normally in my experience airlines like indigo make alternate arrangements but nothing here. 

To top it all off he literally got a refund of 500 rupees for all this bullshit. 

Would help if you guys can retweet or something. 

Expected them not to provide any alternate arrangements but no refund ? I think he can fight it out and at least get the refund.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why are UK visa applications deliberately so difficult. 

2 months after I did the biometrics and everything I got a message saying "Visa is processed" BUT THEY DONT TELL YOU IF ITS APPROVED OR NOT. WHY. ASSHOLES.

20 minutes ago, hussain said:

Why are UK visa applications deliberately so difficult. 

2 months after I did the biometrics and everything I got a message saying "Visa is processed" BUT THEY DONT TELL YOU IF ITS APPROVED OR NOT. WHY. ASSHOLES.

Haha, lol.

That happened with me too.

You'll know when you receive it back.

I was supposed to go on 9th. But there is a work thing for which I will have to delay. Anyone know the best/cheapest way to get match tickets? There is a liverpool v west ham match on the 5th and a lfc v inter on 8th.