The Travel Thread

MAK

23 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have gone through the same. But many people in my circle have used Niyo and none of them had any issues.

There were definite issues when they first started, not so much now.

Obviously if you want CC support, then nothing beats CITI/Amex.

My only concern is card skimming. Does Niyo offer tap and pay ? Or is a chip and pin/swipe mandatory ? 

27 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My only concern is card skimming. Does Niyo offer tap and pay ? Or is a chip and pin/swipe mandatory ? 

It offers tap & pay but can be disabled in app.

Edit: Looks like the option is not available right now in the app, weird.

Edited by KunjanPSD

PSA: If you're booking travel via MMT, stay on your visa person's head until they vet your form and your application gets submitted. My appointment for the schengen visa is Tuesday, and form isn't submitted till date. :wallbash:

Kaafi sunaya unko, and now things seem to be on track. 

29 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Does anyone know of any solid places to score an iPhone 14 pro max from in Bangkok? Apple store and PowerBuy seem to be OOS.

MBK ? When are you travelling ? 

Also, did you check physical stores or only online ? 

39 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

MBK ? When are you travelling ? 

Also, did you check physical stores or only online ? 

Traveling tonight. Checked online for physical store availability.

Heard that MBK doesn't have new iPhone generally, but will check it out. My hotel is attached to MBK :D 

5 hours ago, Shantz said:

Heard that MBK doesn't have new iPhone generally, but will check it out. My hotel is attached to MBK :D 

Let me know too. I'm travelling to Bangkok soon. Prices are much better. 

8 hours ago, Shantz said:

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Let me know too. I'm travelling to Bangkok soon. Prices are much better. 

:naughty:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys any recommended website for tour planning?

I plan to visit Dubai in the last week of Dec with my family. Currently MMT is showing 5N package with burj tour, desert safari + dinner, cruise + dinner, flight, hotel (some 4 star) with breakfast @1.05L per head (tax extra). 

Is it good enough? My family prefer decent hotels so can't switch to 3 stars and 5 stars ain't worth it.

Edited by kaka_messi

2 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

I plan to visit Dubai in the last week of Dec with my family. Currently MMT is showing 5N package with burj tour, desert safari + dinner, cruise + dinner, flight, hotel (some 4 star) with breakfast @1.05L per head (tax extra). 

Is it good enough? My family prefer decent hotels so can't switch to 3 stars and 5 stars ain't worth it.

why not make your own plan than depending on a company ?

4 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

I've used MMT and Yatra, experience was similar. My current package to Europe via MMT had minor issues in the visa process since MMT was unhelpful, but that shouldn't be an issue for Dubai. 

I'd suggest getting a quote without flights and checking the flight price seperately yourself to see if that works out better. 

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

I've used MMT and Yatra, experience was similar. My current package to Europe via MMT had minor issues in the visa process since MMT was unhelpful, but that shouldn't be an issue for Dubai. 

I'd suggest getting a quote without flights and checking the flight price seperately yourself to see if that works out better. 

Yup...that's what I am doing right now. Thanks! 

Hey guys. Going to Ooty for a short 4-5 day trip tomorrow. 

Flying into Coimatore airport. How do I get a car from there to my hotel in Ooty?

Does Uber work there? Or if anyone has been, what should be the cost of dropoff if other car service is there at the airport?

I called my hotel, they charge 3500/- to for a pickup from the airport (all taxes included)

Appreciate any help, thank you!