The Travel Thread

MAK

11 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

The Park looks nice, it isn't a beach resort though but it's just around the corner. We have shortlisted 4 places, I will through this in the pile as well.

We want to have fun but no compromises on safety at all, I don't think any of us will be removing the mask unless it's for food or just us. 

I will PM you soon once our bookings are done around March 1st week, just waiting to see if Maharashtra forces Goa into a curfew or not.

I personally don't partake but my friends will be over this shack then and especially the Eight Finder Eddy which Bird recommended.

PM me which places have you finalized, i pretty much know all the places there. Let me see if i can help

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 11:59 AM, Chirag2001 said:

Did you go with family, or friends, or alone? Cycling? This can't get any better. Will def get hold of a cycle in that case. 

Will ask for specifics to do Singapore once these f**king borders open up.

Too much. I've been there multiple times over the last few years, but last time I took the safari it was 3.5K for one jeep. 

Go to the official site imo.

If you're going by your own car, would highly recommend going a bit further up to Marchula. Shouldn't take more than an hour, but the view is absolutely beautiful, and the road is easy to drive as well.

On 2/11/2021 at 11:17 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

We went in Feb 2017. 

https://www.corbettonline.uk.gov.in/

This is the only official site. 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:59 AM, Chirag2001 said:

Did you go with family, or friends, or alone? Cycling? This can't get any better. Will def get hold of a cycle in that case. 

Will ask for specifics to do Singapore once these f**king borders open up.

Too much. I've been there multiple times over the last few years, but last time I took the safari it was 3.5K for one jeep. 

Go to the official site imo.

If you're going by your own car, would highly recommend going a bit further up to Marchula. Shouldn't take more than an hour, but the view is absolutely beautiful, and the road is easy to drive as well.

Hi guys, So I checked out the official website. I can get the jungle safari permit from the site. Any idea where I can book the Jeep in advance for the safari ?

Also, I did some research and I have finalized Bijrani Zone for the safari, any suggestions if this is a good zone ?

41 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Hi guys, So I checked out the official website. I can get the jungle safari permit from the site. Any idea where I can book the Jeep in advance for the safari ?

Also, I did some research and I have finalized Bijrani Zone for the safari, any suggestions if this is a good zone ?

Has Singapore opened for tourism?

15 hours ago, SuperT said:

This is THE zone. Max tiger spotting chances. I've been to the others, one of them is Sitabani, but no tigers in that one.

So yes, good choice. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SuperT said:

Man, things have changed a lot.

When we went, there was only a buffer zone and core zone, and we stayed at the starting of core zone in an English bungalow, with trenches cut on all sides to ensure the elephants don't demolish it. 

Now you have resorts and what not. I doubt you will see much animals where there's lights/human activity. 

• Like 1

Going to Kashmir next week. We have a rough plan, but any advice?

What must to see, whats overhyped and not worth the time, or any tips for visiting Kashmir?

Going with college friends. 

• 1 month later...

Well looking at the situation, there aren't any trips in the foreseeable future. However I did get the chance to visit Kashmir in early, when the situation was somewhat stable.

Sharing a couple pictures with positive intentions, hoping we all get to travel again very soon :) 

img%5D

img%5D

PS. Excuse the quality as JPEG and Imgur aren't doing me any favours. Also yes, it was snowing when we went there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well looking at the situation, there aren't any trips in the foreseeable future. However I did get the chance to visit Kashmir in early, when the situation was somewhat stable.

Sharing a couple pictures with positive intentions, hoping we all get to travel again very soon :) 

img%5D

img%5D

PS. Excuse the quality as JPEG and Imgur aren't doing me any favours. Also yes, it was snowing when we went there. 

It is a beautiful place glad you got to see it before all the craziness.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Came back from Valley of Flowers trek 2 days ago. What an amazing experience. It was my 1st solo travel trip and thanks to my wife she allowed me to go. Landslides stopped us a lot but we managed to come back after plenty of delays.  Here are some pics. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTu_W0yhXlg/

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Came back from Valley of Flowers trek 2 days ago. What an amazing experience. It was my 1st solo travel trip and thanks to my wife she allowed me to go. Landslides stopped us a lot but we managed to come back after plenty of delays.  Here are some pics. 

Nice pictures 👍

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, eddy4823 said:

Amazing. I am jealous. 

On 9/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, eddy4823 said:

Finally some travel pictures :wub: