PSN down for maintenance

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A bit of panic spread among PSN users when they logged in the PS3 online service only to see that it is down. Don't worry, though; it's not the work of Anonymous.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) reassured gamers via their Twitter, the PSN is down simply because they are doing some maintenance work.

"Currently PSN is down for maintenance. We'll update you with time frames as soon as we can," said the post.

What is curious, however, is that the people at Sony themselves appear to not know that there was one going on. Usually, they give out notifications in advance regarding scheduled downtimes.

Said the US PlayStation Blog earlier, "We're aware certain functions are down on PlayStation Network. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information. Thank you for your patience."

Either the maintenance activity merely lacked announcement, or it came after the need arose for it. Could Sony be not telling us the real score behind this sudden maintenance? Say, like another attack from some group?

Or maybe we're just being "paranoid jerks" after all the ruckus that's happened on the PSN. We'll check back with you as soon as we here anything else about this. In the meantime, go check your PSN as well, see if it's working now.

source

A bit of panic spread among PSN users when they logged in the PS3 online service only to see that it is down. Don't worry, though; it's not the work of Anonymous.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) reassured gamers via their Twitter, the PSN is down simply because they are doing some maintenance work.

What is curious, however, is that the people at Sony themselves appear to not know that there was one going on. Usually, they give out notifications in advance regarding scheduled downtimes.

source

obv. sony wont come out and say Anonymous is :puspa: us.. save us ... Anonymous might be behind it coz Sony doesn't know whats going on

its f**king shite, anon or not, psn was so stable before april 2011, now all the probelms creeping in..apparently they are updating the psn store...

but due to this, i restarted my router,did a hard reset, screwed the isp fella for blocking ports and what not, then typed the error code and i felt i happy: i wasnt alone lol :bigyellowgrin:

Damn !!!!

I tried all those stuff too .... resetting the wireless router .... trying wired connection ..... resetting the entire internet settings .... restarting the entire setup multiple times ....

And now i get to knwo ... I am not alone .... Entire world is facing boredom like me .,.....

Archived