Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Still the ease of shopping on the website is unparalleled especially during sale when you are going through thousands of bullshit tee's to find that one tee you like the most, scrolling through hundreds of products using your tiny thumb is a massive pain in the thumb

• Like 4

I read an article on flipkart going app only.. it said having an app allows them to skip cookies. This way when a user surfs on browsers and gives away the type of product he is interested in flipkart by way of making their services app only gets to keep browsing behavior a secret.

Ps:- e com firm going app only have another advantage. A lot of people like my mom who are mobile savvy and not comp savy are using mobile apps like anything. And kids these days are on phone 24/7.

Again my first issue always with any app in India, the infidelity of mob internet (3g/4g)...It is so off putting...I mean if I have to connect to wifi to use the app, I would rather use the web browser...e.g. I never have been able to book UBER cab at one go..Always need 4-5 freaking attempts..And this is Airtel 3G i'm talking of @Bangalore...Not to mention the agonizing user experience in most apps..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Airtel has actually gone to dogs be it eg or broadband, there was a time they were awesome now they are just money whoring leaving user experience behind.

Yup app only could def backfire but I am sure they would have done their research, and for some reason I have a feeling they will succeed

Ps:- e com firm going app only have another advantage. A lot of people like my mom who are mobile savvy and not comp savy are using mobile apps like anything. And kids these days are on phone 24/7.

Noone is denying this..This would be a valid argument for debating if an app should exist..

Yup app only could def backfire but I am sure they would have done their research, and for some reason I have a feeling they will succeed

They 1st tried it with myntra..Myntra's sales have gone down by 15 % after going app only..

Airtel has actually gone to dogs be it eg or broadband, there was a time they were awesome now they are just money whoring leaving user experience behind.

Actually this observation has been with all the major service providers...lot of my friends who rave about apps were embarrassed by thier SPs in more than one occasion..[emoji14]

TBH, i want them to fail..atleast my access to FK will reduce a lot until and unless they provide mad sales..I never thought of dwlding Myntra app since they went app only....Sadly I also think they will succeed..The app craziness in India is way too much..

Edited by Arj_Gamer_2012

Noone is denying this..This would be a valid argument for debating if an app should exist..

They 1st tried it with myntra..Myntra's sales have gone down by 15 % after going app only..

Maybe 15% sales loss was less then maintains the website separately. Also I see no reason they should stick to myntra as a separate app if they decide to go app oy, maybe merge them both. Maybe that is the plan.

Actually this observation has been with all the major service providers...lot of my friends who rave about apps were embarrassed by thier SPs in more than one occasion..[emoji14]

TBH, i want them to fail..atleast my access to FK will reduce a lot until and unless they provide mad sales..I never thought of dwlding Myntra app since they went app only....Sadly I also think they will succeed..The app craziness in India is way too much..

Ya and other hina was myntra was no way close to what FK is, I think pretty much everyone has FK app already installed.

The problem with there success is that others will follow suit, so guess time to sell them casual browsing laptops is almost at its demise :P

No you can, but for now I think it makes more sense to wait for such an announcement.

And ya i guess lets stick back to online deal discussion

Edited by AtheK

No you can but for now I think it makes more sense to wait for such an announcement

Yeah, FK were actually telling about going full app approach before as well I think, so the decision made is it final now or still under discussions??

Yeah, FK were actually telling about going full app approach before as well I think, so the decision made is it final now or still under discussions??

Looks to be final (or at least in advanced stages). Some of the folks I follow on twitter (one of them is a bigshot at FK) mentioned it going app only from sep onwards in some casual remark.