Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

According to many articles. Pre GST sale will be there which will also be clearance sale. But all online shops have no such discounts. Should I go to retailers shop? Like Vijay sales etc?

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/cons-products/electronics/gst-bring-diwali-earlier-as-retailers-offer-upto-40-per-cent-discount/articleshow/59008376.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ETFBMain

I know. But many people said offline store it's worth a try. They got good deals for fridge and TV. I don't have time to go to store else would have gone myself to verify. If anyone here tried please let me know. Thanks.

Can anybody suggest me some good headphones? I want to use for gaming as well as watching tv shows/movies

So far I'm inclined on getting this http://www.amazon.in/SteelSeries-Retractable-Software-Management-Playstation/dp/B015WKYI50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497523067&sr=8-2&keywords=steelseries%2Bheadphones&th=1

20 hours ago, Grievous said:

Can anybody suggest me some good headphones? I want to use for gaming as well as watching tv shows/movies

So far I'm inclined on getting this http://www.amazon.in/SteelSeries-Retractable-Software-Management-Playstation/dp/B015WKYI50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497523067&sr=8-2&keywords=steelseries%2Bheadphones&th=1

Good but can be an uncomfortable fit depending on your head size. 

I would also recommend the Kingston Cloud Core headset for overall comfort. 

On 6/16/2017 at 10:24 PM, Black_Hawk said:

Hi folks,

I thought I would share a little feedback here on my recent experience of buying a Western Digital 1TB RED (WD10EFRX) HDD from a seller on Amazon India. The seller sent me the drive packed in a foam box (which was fine) but the said drive was packed inside an unsealed anti-static bag and I noticed that the bag was not even for the WD RED drive, it was for a sodding Sandisk Ultra 2 240GB SSD!!

Now coming to the drive, it did not work. I tried it my in my NAS PC, a couple of other PC's and finally in a Vantec HDD Docking station, the damn thing just wouldn't budge and get detected on any of my systems. It was DOA.

Here are a couple of photographs of the said HDD:

IMAGE00779.jpg

Drive was packed in a plastic box with foam inside. This was further packed in Amazon's inherent cardboard box. No complaints here.

3c5f2c662a.jpg

IMAGE00780_1_2.jpg

As can be seen, the drive was packed inside in unsealed anti-static bag with the label stating the bag belonging to a Sandisk Ultra 2 240GB SSD!

The order was covered by Prime and so I have now got my money refunded.

Seller's Name on Amazon India is: LT en ligne

Also, he does lower the WD RED drive prices to sub 5k. The one I ordered was for Rs.4,490/-. These drives typically retail for around 5.6k here in Kolkata.

I am posting this here because I do not want someone else ending up buying through this seller and having to only get delivered dead drives in fake packages. Seriously dampening as we all spend our hard earned money on the things we have come to love.

Regards,

Black_Hawk

Was it an Amazon fulfilled Seller? If yes then did it have Prime tag? If yes then you must inform that to the cc, you should get your money back.

If the answer is no to the first, that was your first red flag to not make the purchase.

Did you make an unboxing video of the package? If no, then always make one when you are buying hardware/expensive stuff from amazon, chances of things going wrong is always there, then the video can be used as an evidence that you were not lying.

While any marketplace can have its share of bad elements, I'm absolutely worry free while shopping on Amazon. A call or e-mail and they issue a refund right then, and I get a text of initiated refund within minutes of ending my call. I've had to do this twice, both times with products that were "not eligible for a return", and I was told to discard the shipment. 

Once I'd ordered an expensive specific purpose cleaning cloth and felt it was fake after using it. The guys came and took back the dirty used cloth and gave me the refund. 

For long now I haven't even thought of looking elsewhere for buying online.

4 hours ago, achilles said:

While any marketplace can have its share of bad elements, I'm absolutely worry free while shopping on Amazon. A call or e-mail and they issue a refund right then, and I get a text of initiated refund within minutes of ending my call. I've had to do this twice, both times with products that were "not eligible for a return", and I was told to discard the shipment. 

Once I'd ordered an expensive specific purpose cleaning cloth and felt it was fake after using it. The guys came and took back the dirty used cloth and gave me the refund. 

For long now I haven't even thought of looking elsewhere for buying online.

+1 to this, in Amazon I trust. One of the best customer friendly sites out there.

Subscribe Amazon Prime and gain ₹50

Vodafone Amazon Pay Balance Offer

Get ₹250 as Amazon Pay Balance on purchase of Amazon Prime subscription through Vodafone

Or

Samsung Amazon Pay Balance Offer

Get Rs.250 as Amazon Pay Balance on purchase of Amazon Prime Video subscription through Samsung My Galaxy App

Get 20% Cashback, Max ₹300 with Amazon Pay Balance Top Up

Offer period : June 14th, 2017 – June 28th, 2017Join a one-year Prime membership between 14th June and 28th June and load Rs. 500 or more to your Amazon Pay balance to get 20% cashback (up to Rs. 300) as Amazon Pay balance ("Offer") in the Offer Period.