Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

One of the best. It forced Bose to get off their a*s and modernize their overpriced QC lineup.

It's a great headset but I've tried both the Sony XM3 and the Bose QCII. I own the Bose QCII and can personally vouch for it. The Sony one has a shitload of features but is not that comfortable at all. My friend who owns the XM3 also feels that the Bose is way more comfortable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Mine's delivered. 

But.....

One flickering dead pixel. Its almost not noticeable unless you specifically look for it. And goes away sometimes. Its not bothering me except for knowing that I have it lol.

So I dont know whether to initiate a return or just keep it. 

As far as the monitor is concerned, its pretty decent. Calibration out of the box is kind poor (brightness and contrast are way overblown) and Freesync has to be turned on in the monitor settings for your GPU to detect it as a freesync monitor. Other than that no reason for complaints.

My monitor got delivered as well, but I'm on my way to work, so installation will have to wait.

Did you get your monitor replaced?

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

It's a great headset but I've tried both the Sony XM3 and the Bose QCII. I own the Bose QCII and can personally vouch for it. The Sony one has a shitload of features but is not that comfortable at all. My friend who owns the XM3 also feels that the Bose is way more comfortable.

Exactly. The Sony's are more feature packed, but the comfort on the Bose QC35 II is unparalleled. 

PS- I personally use the original Bose QC35. 

Also any idea if the Echo Dot+Wipro Smart Bulb combo might go back to the 2k/- price?

Is the bulb any good? I know the whole Philips Hue system works better but theyre damn overpriced.

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

Ordered the Kingston SSDNow A400 120 GB at 1300 bucks as a second boot drive for Linux. Primary one is Windows on Samsung Evo 860 500GB. Any idea on if I should change the Kingston to something else? Just need a secondary drive for Linux and general programming. 

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Exactly. The Sony's are more feature packed, but the comfort on the Bose QC35 II is unparalleled. 

PS- I personally use the original Bose QC35. 

Also any idea if the Echo Dot+Wipro Smart Bulb combo might go back to the 2k/- price?

Is the bulb any good? I know the whole Philips Hue system works better but theyre damn overpriced.

I have owned quite a lot of headphones and the comfort argument did hold up for me when it was XM2 vs QC35 II but ever since I switched over to XM3, 

I honestly don't feel that they are more uncomfortable than Bose. They feel quite good. Also, they have legit, useful features like USB C and their app, I would go for XM3 unless 

you bring Bose 700 into the picture, Sony maybe even then. @Outlook 

Edited by kunjanp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

My monitor got delivered as well, but I'm on my way to work, so installation will have to wait.

Did you get your monitor replaced?

Nah I am holding off for now. Amazon has a 14 day period and that pixel isnt really bothering me. I might just keep it. 

11 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:
21 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Nah I am holding off for now. Amazon has a 14 day period and that pixel isnt really bothering me. I might just keep it. 

Dur dead pixels expand, if its a dead pixel

I am 90% sure thats a myth lol. 

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

It's 10 days replacement

edit: what about back light bleeding?

Edited by Snake

Kingston HYPER X DDR4 2400Mhz Laptop DDR4 8 GB (Dual Channel) Laptop (HX424S14IB 8)

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/kingston-hyper-x-ddr4-2400mhz-laptop-8-gb-dual-channel-hx424s14ib-8/p/itmfbfkwzmgqgreq?pid=RAMFBCGCU6XNBUHG&cmpid=product.share.pp

Guys, is this a good deal? It works on every laptop which supports ddr4 ram right? Need quick answer. If you guys have any better suggestions, please tell me.

There is also this @ 2666 Mhz

HyperX Kingston Technology Impact 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL15 260-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N7K4CEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lOJKDbPWFQCTJ

Just now, HEMAN said:

@Aftrunner run the deadpixel fix all night. The one where it flashes various colors. That might clear it. My previous Lg monitor had one dead pixel but it fixed itself after running that flashing lights all night...

Will try that.