Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

BROTHERS!

I need a speaker set for the bedroom TV (and the PS4). Cannot do 5.1 as the wife threatens to leave me if I put more "tech sh*t" in the bedroom. 

Is the Logitech Z625 good for a large room? I understand its a computer speaker and wonder if it might be set up to be used from 2-3 feet instead of 10-12. Any alternatives around/under 10k?

11 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Mi LED Wi-Fi 10W Smart Bulb (White and Color, E27 Base), Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant ₹499

Apply ₹600 Off Coupon

Amazon Brand - Solimo Smart LED Light, 9W, B22 Holder, Alexa Enabled ₹99

Apply ₹450 Off Coupon

YMMV deal, mostly Echo users are able to see the offer, some are not though

Many deals are there. Any specific phone you are looking for?

10 hours ago, Spacescreamer said:

This ought to do it. - Asus ZenFone 6z, 28k.

Further 2k discount via card usage. 

needed to buy the phone right away... went with the 7T itself. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

BROTHERS!

I need a speaker set for the bedroom TV (and the PS4). Cannot do 5.1 as the wife threatens to leave me if I put more "tech sh*t" in the bedroom. 

Is the Logitech Z625 good for a large room? I understand its a computer speaker and wonder if it might be set up to be used from 2-3 feet instead of 10-12. Any alternatives around/under 10k?
:rofl:

Get a 5.1 and hide is somewhere and say its a surround sound :rofl:

On 9/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, roun90 said:

For 4k monitor, first check whether you have the CPU, GPU and other hardware to support 4k gaming first. If you have a 4k monitor without a PC capable of supporting 4k gaming, you will be playing at sub 30 fps on PC - which is a miserable experience. And you cannot play on a lower resolution with a 4k monitor (Or any other resolution monitor) as the image will look absolutely miserable. For example, a 1080p monitor will give a far superior image than a 4k monitor where you have set the display resolution to 1080p. 

As far as 144hz is concerned, it mainly makes a difference if you are into competitive MP games, especially MP FPS Games. Again check if you have Hardware which support 120 fps gaming for your 144 hz monitor. A disadvantage of 144 hz is that almost all monitors are TN Panels, which have frankly (In my experience) quite bad colors. Another negative of TN Panels (For me at least) is that long usage can cause eye strain, something I have not observed in IPS Panels.

If you are not that into competitive FPS, I would urge you to get a 1440p IPS/VA Panel with GSync/Free Sync (Or 1080p 60 hz IPS/VA Panel with GSync/FreeSync if you don't have the required hardware) and you will enjoy a far better experience.

I do have hardware for 144hz but yeah my processor and ram are not what they used to be. GFX is 1080ti though. 

I found this monitor on amazon; 144hz, ips panel, 1080 full HD. 

Should I buy it? 

https://www.amazon.in/144hz-Variant-Monitor-FREESYNC-Technology/dp/B07WLW8QWN

Edited by kaka_messi

1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

BROTHERS!

What's your budget ? I would recommend getting active 2 1 from Edifier or Swans. 

I've an Edifier SB350DB, and it's absolutely phenomenal. Couldn't get a 5 1 due to same challenges, and soundbars are inferior to 2.1 anyway 

Edit: Do remember these speakers will not have HDMI ARC, so if that's important to you, soundbar is the most likely option. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What's your budget ? I would recommend getting active 2 1 from Edifier or Swans. 

I've an Edifier SB350DB, and it's absolutely phenomenal. Couldn't get a 5 1 due to same challenges, and soundbars are inferior to 2.1 anyway 

Edit: Do remember these speakers will not have HDMI ARC, so if that's important to you, soundbar is the most likely option. 

Not more than 10k. I use headphones 90% of the time. These arent going to be used enough to justify anything more. 

7 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Anyone ever got geninue shoes from flipkart 

Someone from work did. He says they look pretty genuine. Have ordered a pair too so will know soon.

Those prices tho, I have my doubts. 

9 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Someone from work did. He says they look pretty genuine. Have ordered a pair too so will know soon.

Those prices tho, I have my doubts. 

Yes. Nike and New Balance. Just make sure you buy either from Cloudtail/Appario on Amazon or Retailnet on Flipkart. I think there is another Flipkart owned retailer, forgot what it's called.