Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

9 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

The 500GB EVO 970 wasnt within budget and wasnt sure if 256GB was enough so got the cheaper variant.

And people did say the performance difference isnt really high enough to consider paying double the amount.

Unless you are transferring very large files on a daily basis or running a workstation, you won't notice a difference between SATA and Nvme.

So if you aren't one of them then you made the correct choice.

7 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Crucial P1 is NVMe though. It's a bit faster when compared to MX500 but I am not sure about the durability. 

P1 is based on QLC, rather than TLC in Samsung 970 Evo. 

QLC is considerably slower than TLC and uses a buffer of higher speed storage (generally SLC etc) to speed up but downside is, once the buffer fills up, you performance will soon come back way down.

QLC is cheaper as seen by the price of P1 and for specific use cases might make sense.

But QLC is less reliable and rated for less iops, so I wouldn't recommend to use it as your main driver with os on it, better to invest in a SATA ssd.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

QLC is considerably slower than TLC and uses a buffer of higher speed storage (generally SLC etc) to speed up but downside is, once the buffer fills up, you performance will soon come back way down.

QLC is cheaper as seen by the price of P1 and for specific use cases might make sense.

But QLC is less reliable and rated for less iops, so I wouldn't recommend to use it as your main driver with os on it, better to invest in a SATA ssd.

Agreed. But isn't the buffer on P1 good enough to transfer ~50GB or so? Read quite a few reviews stating that it's absolutely fine for real world performance. Similar to the Intel 660p. Especially considering that TLC based SSD don't make sense unless you are extremely performance oriented.

8 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Agreed. But isn't the buffer on P1 good enough to transfer ~50GB or so? Read quite a few reviews stating that it's absolutely fine for real world performance. Similar to the Intel 660p. Especially considering that TLC based SSD don't make sense unless you are extremely performance oriented.

For booting up and launching frequently used applications, I can see 50gb being enough but that buffer won't help you if you want to write a huge file on your ssd which you downloaded or something else. Also, in case OS somehow allows the file to be stored on that buffer, you will lose performance on other applications (the page table entries of which it replaced).

Also, the performance increase isn't that much to look over reliability difference.

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

Unless you are transferring very large files on a daily basis or running a workstation, you won't notice a difference between SATA and Nvme.

So if you aren't one of them then you made the correct choice.

Yeah, seriously. I wouldnt worry about it. 

9 hours ago, kunjanp said:

QLC is bad. 

Less reliable, and speed gains aren't to the extent of TLC. Difference is visible in real world tasks too (I comparef the Samsung qlc vs tlc). Plus the price difference ain't much. 

Don't see the point of QLC unless it goes for bargain bin prices (you still have to worry about reliability).

12 hours ago, Mizanurification said:

Btw got charged twice on my CC after a failed transaction. Got sms from Bank side for 2 deductions but nothing from Amazon. They said it was hard declined and I'll get refund. No issues right?

Yes you will get it. Just keep a track of it, in case there is a delay by bank since Amazon didn't get it.

Death Stranding (Special Edition) PS4 10% Off ₹4499
Use SBI CC/DC to get 10% Off

Samsung T5 Portable SSD - 1TB - USB 3.1 External SSD ₹9849

Use Axis/Citi CC/DC to get 10% Off

Collect ₹500 cashback on Minimum spend of ₹10000

Edited by santanu18

Dont remember which sale it was, but I saw the Echo Dot + Smart Bulb combo go for 2K. Couldnt get it then and I was hoping for that price to return but instead theyve bumped it to 2.5K. Guess Ive got no choice but to wait. 

Braun MGK3085 Multi Grooming Kit (Black) 65% Off ₹1999

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Dont remember which sale it was, but I saw the Echo Dot + Smart Bulb combo go for 2K. Couldnt get it then and I was hoping for that price to return but instead theyve bumped it to 2.5K. Guess Ive got no choice but to wait. 

Buying separately cost a lot less ;) Now you just have to wait

2 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Can you please provide a link to a XBOX 360 (Windows) wired controller? Found a few on Amazon India but some of the user reviews on them state they aren't legit so unsure on whether to buy them or not.

Or should I pick up a Xbox One controller for the PC then?