Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

4 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Can you please provide a link to a XBOX 360 (Windows) wired controller? Found a few on Amazon India but some of the user reviews on them state they aren't legit so unsure on whether to buy them or not.

Or should I pick up a Xbox One controller for the PC then?

PS4 controller also works really well on windows with Ds4windows. Just in case.

4 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

PS4 controller also works really well on windows with Ds4windows. Just in case.

I see. Then this too is an option. Will need to check out DS4Windows and watch some videos on how it all works. Thank-you for the suggestion mate, appreciate it! :)

40 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Can you please provide a link to a XBOX 360 (Windows) wired controller? Found a few on Amazon India but some of the user reviews on them state they aren't legit so unsure on whether to buy them or not.

Or should I pick up a Xbox One controller for the PC then?

Get any Limited Edition Xbox One controller and use these bluetooth dongle to connect Xbox and any other bluetooth device wirelessly. You can connect more than one bluetooth device at a time, but only one Xbox controller can be connected wireless. 

Leoxsys LB4 Bluetooth 4.0 Data Transfer USB Adapter Dongle (Black) ₹384

My favorite is this. It has diamond grips and on triggers too.

Xbox Wireless Controller - Gears 5 Kait Diaz Limited Edition ₹6499

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wickedbl0ke said:

Guys I’m looking for a good desktop pc speaker. I don’t think I have space for a woofer so just a 2.0 channel should do. Is there one you can recommend or even a sound bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at the 2.0 Bookshelf speakers Edifier have. The R1280DB, 1280T, R1700BT etc.

Link: Edifier Speakers

I recently bought the R1700BT and can say they are quite excellent. Very musical and clear natural sound reproduction. Not boomy and boxy sounding. Listening to Rod Stewart on this... oh the joy! I also ordered the Yamaha SW-050 sub-woofer to team it up with this, awaiting delivery next week!

Edited by Black_Hawk

I had the original Xbox one controller and I read that not all Bluetooth dongles work with it also is there any requirement from mobo on this? 
The original Xbox controller did not work on Bluetooth, it worked on some proprietary standard hence needed special dongles to work with pc. The new controller have Bluetooth in them.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Have a look at the 2.0 Bookshelf speakers Edifier have. The R1280DB, 1280T, R1700BT etc.

I recently bought the R1700BT and can say they are quite excellent. Very musical and clear natural sound reproduction. Not boomy and boxy sounding. Listening to Rod Stewart on this... oh the joy! I also ordered the Yamaha SW-050 sub-woofer to team it up with this, awaiting delivery next week!

That’s cool. But please don’t judge me when I say that I want a good balance of looks and quality too. These edifiers don’t appeal to me look wise. :(

That’s cool. But please don’t judge me when I say that I want a good balance of looks and quality too. These edifiers don’t appeal to me look wise. :(

11 hours ago, DinJo said:

I had the original Xbox one controller and I read that not all Bluetooth dongles work with it also is there any requirement from mobo on this? 

Original Xbox One controller does not even have bluetooth. Only new ones i.e. v2 , which released a few years back have bluetooth.

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Is there another Amazon sale coming up? Want to get the firestick bundle.

Nope as per my knowledge, there won't be any till Republic Day sale in January

Books, movies, board games and Video Games But 2 Get 1 Free

US only

Edited by santanu18

3 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (Coral Blue/Lilac Purple/Midnight Black, 64 GB)  (4 GB RAM) ₹27499

Use SBI CC/DC to get 10% Off
+ Additional ₹1000 Off on Prepaid Transactions
+ upto ₹10800 off on exchange

Not plus.

Also, Plus doesn't have additional 1k off.

16 hours ago, Freelancer said:

Amazon IN renewed/refurbished/unboxed products are not at all recommended. 99.99% chance you will get something you will not like and you will end up wasting a lot of time to get replacement/refund. In US also getting unboxed items only from Amazon Warehouse is safe enough where they clearly mention what's missing/the difference. So stay away from it here, unless you like buying headache.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, santanu18 said:

Amazon IN renewed/refurbished/unboxed products are not at all recommended. 99.99% chance you will get something you will not like and you will end up wasting a lot of time to get replacement/refund. In US also getting unboxed items only from Amazon Warehouse is safe enough where they clearly mention what's missing/the difference. So stay away from it here, unless you like buying headache.

amazon refunds has been a very pleasant experience so far. this offer is too tempting considering the original price.. i am waiting for a nice coupon from my bank, will pick it up soon.. hoping it wont be as you say it might be :P i bought lots of hi end refurbished items from ebay without any problems.. will update soon..