Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, santanu18 said:

LOL no wonder Gameloot's used X1X at 22k is sitting there for over 2 months.

• Haha 1

Flat 50% Cashback upto ₹500 on Movies

Flat ₹1000 Cashback on Minimum ₹5000 Flight booking

Flat ₹75 Cashback on Postpaid/Broadband Bill
Valid till 9pm today
Open through app to see which offer you are eligible for

Samsung 253 L Frost Free Double Door 4 Star Refrigerator (Elegant Inox, RT28M3424S8/HL) ₹20390/₹21890
Use ICICI CC to get ₹1500 Off
Use No Cost EMI ICICI CC to get ₹3000 Off
+ upto ₹12000 Off on Exchange

Edited by santanu18

I think this is the right place to ask, but can someone explain the GSTIN ID thingy? My friend was showing me something on his phone, so his Amazon account. He sees two prices, one including GST and the other excluding GST. He says hes saved a ton of money this way...

The product I saw this on was priced 40K, but it showed 31K without GST inclusion....

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

Thanks man, do these guys charge in INR or USD

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Well when I opened the link it shows me a price in INR so I guess thats that. It shows a lot more than 1.8K now though.

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

It shows that it will work only for Brazil Accounts.

Do you get Xbox live Gold for every account on a particular console like PlayStation?

Good question but the gears 5 edition bought from Switzerland, the codes worked on my Indian ID, so this should ideally work, but let me wait for some one to confirm. But they do categorically call it out, maybe switch to Brazil region redeem code change back to India. 

Edited by AtheK

18 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I think this is the right place to ask, but can someone explain the GSTIN ID thingy? My friend was showing me something on his phone, so his Amazon account. He sees two prices, one including GST and the other excluding GST. He says hes saved a ton of money this way...

The product I saw this on was priced 40K, but it showed 31K without GST inclusion....

The price which doesn't include GST is for a business account.

Basically it's GST Tax Credit i.e. At the end of the fiscal year, you can just deduct the tax you have paid on any device or service you bought/used to create your final product.

Tax is only applicable on the final product.

I am assuming you will need a GSTIN ID for that i.e. register a business with GST identification. Idk how your friend registered a business or might show no end product or uses some actual business's account to buy it personally.

But as a personal user who doesn't know anyone who can order it via their account, I don't think there is a way to get this discount without any future implications.

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

The price which doesn't include GST is for a business account.

Basically it's GST Tax Credit i.e. At the end of the fiscal year, you can just deduct the tax you have paid on any device or service you bought/used to create your final product.

Tax is only applicable on the final product.

I am assuming you will need a GSTIN ID for that i.e. register a business with GST identification. Idk how your friend registered a business or might show no end product or uses some actual business's account to buy it personally.

But as a personal user who doesn't know anyone who can order it via their account, I don't think there is a way to get this discount without any future implications.

Okay. As far as my friend goes, his dad is a business man with a family run business I guess so he could probably do that. But regular working people cannot claim this GST reservation? He never said anything about it having to do with the business thing. He was like "How come you dont use it?" So thats what I was wondering....

Also doesnt this apply for any kind of end product? If a freelance person lets say buys a laptop to use for official work and then at the end of the year pays his GST on whatever he earned through his freelance projects, doesnt that cover the GST on his laptop?

35 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Okay. As far as my friend goes, his dad is a business man with a family run business I guess so he could probably do that. But regular working people cannot claim this GST reservation? He never said anything about it having to do with the business thing. He was like "How come you dont use it?" So thats what I was wondering....

Also doesnt this apply for any kind of end product? If a freelance person lets say buys a laptop to use for official work and then at the end of the year pays his GST on whatever he earned through his freelance projects, doesnt that cover the GST on his laptop?

Lol, no.

Working people work as employees. They are providing their service for an income and they paying tax on that said income. 

And if a Freelancer wants this credit then she/he will have to register with GST but they will have to pay 5,12,18 or 28% GST on the value of goods/services they offer in addition to the income tax which they would have paid if they didn't term themselves as a business. Much of this tax is transferred over to the end customer but still the freelancer ends up paying more.

Only makes sense when your business is doing well and you need bulk input and hence Tax credit actually save you money.

Tax credit in GST is beneficial because in earlier service tax, it was applied on inputs and not final outputs. So same input used to get tax multiple times.

Also, GST registration requires atleast 20 lakh turnover. 

So, I think your friend is just lucky to use his dad's business to get GST free stuff by showing that the device bought was required to create the end product even if it wasn't.

Edited by kunjanp