Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Crazy  47% sale going on Big basket ,

Already ordered twice 

About to order again.

So many daily essentials and grocery like cheese, chicken, frozen food, vegetables, paneer etc on 47% off - enough items to make an entire order of only 47% items.

Edited by GunnerY2J

I think Zomato, Swiggy and all other food services providers have inflated prices in their menu. So you end up paying the actual price even after getting the discount so makes no sense. Only plus point is that you get food at your doorstep. 

I've never used these services and have checked at two food joints where the price at the menu is way less than what online is provided.  

11 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Zomato Gold on delivery is garbage ,but still good for dine in. I kind of regret my 800rs purchase now.

I was actually screwed. The time I bought it we had to use some coupon to get 1000 cashback on the membership by paying 1800. I goofed up and forgot to add the coupon and ended up paying 1800 for it  :mellow:

And now almost all of the good restaurants that had gold on delivery in my area have been removed. f**ked up policies by Zomato!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Zomato Gold on delivery is garbage ,but still good for dine in. I kind of regret my 800rs purchase now.

I was actually screwed. The time I bought it we had to use some coupon to get 1000 cashback on the membership by paying 1800. I goofed up and forgot to add the coupon and ended up paying 1800 for it  :mellow:

And now almost all of the good restaurants that had gold on delivery in my area have been removed. f**ked up policies by Zomato!

3 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Crazy  47% sale going on Big basket ,

Already ordered twice 

About to order again.

So many daily essentials and grocery like cheese, chicken, frozen food, vegetables, paneer etc on 47% off - enough items to make an entire order of only 47% items.

Thanks, i ordered some stuff,good discount but a lot of products were out of stock.

19 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Thanks, i ordered some stuff,good discount but a lot of products were out of stock.

Yes, Saturday Sunday going now.

Resfreshes daily.

Better to wait till you favourite items are back in stock.

Create basket and order when most of items are back in stock - and order minimum  possible amount (that is 1500 rs before discounts )

I don't understand how is Zomato Gold is bad for anyone who eats outside. Even with limited restaurants my one time 2+2 on Jager bombs cover my yearly sub fees, anything above that is great. 

We have got used to too much of freebies. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I don't understand how is Zomato Gold is bad for anyone who eats outside. Even with limited restaurants my one time 2+2 on Jager bombs cover my yearly sub fees, anything above that is great. 

Saves money but we end up eating at poorer quality restaurants because of gold.

Most very good restaurants aren't on gold and dont need to be.

Don't know about alcohol.

32 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Exactly, I recovered the cost in 2 visits just by food. I live in Delhi and honestly have some great options here.

5 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Saves money but we end up eating at poorer quality restaurants because of gold.

Most very good restaurants aren't on gold and dont need to be.

Don't know about alcohol.

I can't agree with poor quality, I live in Delhi and there are options in Khan Market and other places which offer really good food with good quality. Mileage may vary where you live.

And for alcohol and non alcoholic beverages, it's equally awesome. 

Edited by kunjanp

17 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I can't agree with poor quality, I live in Delhi and there are options in Khan Market and other places which offer really good food with good quality. Mileage may vary where you live.

And for alcohol and non alcoholic beverages, it's equally awesome. 

Yes,different for every city.

By poor quality I mean not at the level of the top or restaurants which are full.

All of us got it using that deal a month back, that sucks.
Couldn't you have cancelled the membership and re-started it with the code?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Gold is now for 700 for an year.

Still not worth it imo
I paid 800 for it, and still have 11 months of it left. 800 RS in my opinion is easily recoverable, I ate with my family at a Radisson restaurant and with starter/main course costing 600-700 you could say I recovered the entire thing in one eat-out.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk