Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

you know guys, after analyzing today's event, we can safely conclude following things about flipkart:

1) Flipkart wasted lakhs of rupees of venture capitalist on these bigger than life print, television and online advertisements. They could have actually used this money to give bigger,better and genuine deals to the customers.

2) They have tarnished their image as a credible e-commerce website. They obviously created these advertisments so that they can spike their sale and can went on a rampage towards their competitors. but clearly, these advertisements did less to increase their sales but did more in degrading their brand value. For instance, check the first page of toi, in which, snapdeal trolled flipkart. Now even, ebay is having a laugh at this whole situation. One of the advertisements on their website reads "No gimmicks, No stock out, Genuine sale, best deals " . That's like a big tight slap on this very hoopla created by flipkart. and surely after today's incident flipkart is gonna loose, big chunk of its loyal customers.

so, i don't know what were they trying to achieve through this big billion deal, but they have clearly failed on all the grounds. (Operations, marketing, deals.)

• Like 2

and surely after today's incident flipkart is gonna loose, big chunk of its loyal customers.

so, i don't know what were they trying to achieve through this big billion deal, but they have clearly failed on all the grounds. (Operations, marketing, deals.)

Inspite of all the mess & public outrage, fk hit 100 mil $ in sales today. I'd say they got what they set out for.

True, some people got pissed, but that has been happening for a few months now with the xiaomi flash sales. But, regardless, most (myself included) will still flock up at the mention of the word 'sale'

Inspite of all the mess & public outrage, fk hit 100 mil $ in sales today. I'd say they got what they set out for.

True, some people got pissed, but that has been happening for a few months now with the xiaomi flash sales. But, regardless, most (myself included) will still flock up at the mention of the word 'sale'

yeah, surely will do but before buying anything. we are going to check the prices at the other e-commerce websites. which definitely translates into loss of credibility and loyality.

its different, Xiamoi thing could have been partly based on the mobile company. but here they have clusterf**ked themselves. Surely if i find a super cheap deal i will go for it over zhundkart, but now onwards for similar priced products or even paying marginally higher i would go to amazon.

Agreed. Amazon.com also goofs up from time to time. I still remember, i once ordered that infamous hp web os tablet that went on flash sale at amazon for 99$ a few days after hp announced discontinuation of the product. I even had my card charged but a few days got a mail that its out of stock and cant be shipped. Happened to many guys and a few days later amazon had it back on stock at higher price.

Got this for Rs. 7.5k. I was quite happy with the purchase but then I read about the stuff Flipkart has been doing to make it look like they are giving a lot of discounts :doh:. I wonder what the watch's price was last week :fear:

Edited by Man In The Box

yeah, surely will do but before buying anything. we are going to check the prices at the other e-commerce websites. which definitely translates into loss of credibility and loyality.

its different, Xiamoi thing could have been partly based on the mobile company. but here they have clusterf**ked themselves. Surely if i find a super cheap deal i will go for it over zhundkart, but now onwards for similar priced products or even paying marginally higher i would go to amazon.

Agreed. Flipkart used to be my go to site for checking up prices (and, buying stuff) but lately, I've been shifting more and more towards amazon. Their prices are almost always better, even if only by 20-30 bucks. And, not to mention, decent sales without resorting to FK'ish c**tbaggery.

btw; at least my shoes shipped :P so the big billion day at least worked for me.....

Worked for Raghav and I too, I guess.

I think people just had weird expectations. They can't have enough units on sale to please everyone in any case.