Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

HDR is excellent. Better than my Samsung 2016 4K tv. There is no backlight bleed. There is some ips glow but it goes away when I start the display signal.

This is the model:

LG 27 inch 4K-UHD (3840 x 2160)... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078GRM2MV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Holy sh*t the price went up. I got it for 32,999 last month.

Nice. but the response time is around 5ms.

32 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Nice. but the response time is around 5ms.

Yeah that's probably the best an IPS panel can achieve theoretically. 1 ms etc is VA or TN but then color reproduction or viewing angles aren't as good. Basically you have to sacrifice something, but 5 ms is more than good enough for console gaming, especially compared to TVs which have much more input lag.

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yeah that's probably the best an IPS panel can achieve theoretically. 1 ms etc is VA or TN but then color reproduction or viewing angles aren't as good. Basically you have to sacrifice something, but 5 ms is more than good enough for console gaming, especially compared to TVs which have much more input lag.

I see. if someone does not play competitively, is the panel good for next gen as well?

Final question. 60hz refresh rate is good enough for non online gamers right? Apart from online gaming. Os there any other use of that 120-144hz refresh rate? Do we feel any difference?

I'll probably get that Samsung 60hz monitor dylan is using but 27". I am gonna check if local stores have better deals. Maybe I'll get it under 15k

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I see. if someone does not play competitively, is the panel good for next gen as well?

Good enough unless you want to play 120 fps games which supposedly might release next generation. This monitor also supports freesync btw.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Good enough unless you want to play 120 fps games which supposedly might release next generation. This monitor also supports freesync btw.

This 120 fps thingy is kinda confusing and misleading. Do they want us to plug these consoles to monitors? As I am sure no 4K TV will support 120fps

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

This 120 fps thingy is kinda confusing and misleading. Do they want us to plug these consoles to monitors? As I am sure no 4K TV will support 120fps

There are 120 fps tv's coming out tho.

120 fps is however only achievable by potato graphics games or those e-sports multiplayer titles(that also have potato graphics).

I mean you will have rocket league on ps5 4k 120 fps, but not TLOU3, or the next UC, or God of War : Boi beats Thor with his own hammer, or Spider-man 2, or Horizon forbidden west.

also those F2P meme battle royale games will also get 120 fps.

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

There are 120 fps tv's coming out tho.

120 fps is however only achievable by potato graphics games or those e-sports multiplayer titles(that also have potato graphics).

I mean you will have rocket league on ps5 4k 120 fps, but not TLOU3, or the next UC, or God of War : Boi beats Thor with his own hammer, or Spider-man 2, or Horizon forbidden west.

also those F2P meme battle royale games will also get 120 fps.

Difference between refresh rate and response time?

Final question. 60hz refresh rate is good enough for non online gamers right? Apart from online gaming. Os there any other use of that 120-144hz refresh rate? Do we feel any difference?

I'll probably get that Samsung 60hz monitor dylan is using but 27". I am gonna check if local stores have better deals. Maybe I'll get it under 15k
Honestly I would suggest if you can get a 1080p 144hz monitor. Higher refresh does make a smother experience even in non gaming scenarios.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, adity said:

Refresh rate means the number of times the display changes the image visible per second. 60 hz essentially means that the display can show a maximum of 60 frames per second. Frames more than that will get dropped and may cause screen tearing. 

Response time is the time the monitor takes to display an image after receiving it. 1 ms response time means after the console, pc whatever sends an image, the monitor will show the image after 1 millisecond. 

I meant how exactly does it impact the gameplay. 

I meant how exactly does it impact the gameplay. 
Smoother shutter experience of playing a game. You actions like movement feels smoother, reduces input lag, etc. check this site to understand the difference.

https://www.testufo.com/

17 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Smoother shutter experience of playing a game. You actions like movement feels smoother, reduces input lag, etc. check this site to understand the difference.

https://www.testufo.com/

So is a 60hz display worth it for the next gen? I wish to be next gen ready, if I end up purchasing a display now.

So is a 60hz display worth it for the next gen? I wish to be next gen ready, if I end up purchasing a display now.
60fps has been the standard for PC for multiple generations of console lifetime. It's actually sad the upcoming consoles still don't have 60fps as standard.

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

60fps has been the standard for PC for multiple generations of console lifetime. It's actually sad the upcoming consoles still don't have 60fps as standard.

lower res games might hit 60+ fps on the next gen. Specially some cross platform titles.

@Nathan.Drake

My cousin's iPhone was giving him a lot of trouble, so ended up ordering him an iPhone instead. 

He wanted the new iPhone SE, so thats the one I bought.

Will do something about the iPad situation later. I own an old iPad that I'm looking to upgrade, might send him the old one and get one later this year myself.

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Bought it from the local market. Got it for 17.5k. It doesn't mention refresh rate anyway but model is CF591.

Thank you all for the first help

Unless you play a LOT of MP games (and have fairly decent specs) refresh rate is not as important as image quality. 

I have two monitors. One is an IPS with 60 hz and the other is a VA at 144hz. Anytime I am not playing MP games, I switch to the IPS.