Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

But isn't IPS good only for viewing angles? While VA has better contrast and better blacks? I am not gonna MP games. Maybe some time but doesn't really matter to me.

Can one tell me how many hz this monitor CF591 Have. I was trying to find it when I was therebom the shop but couldn't find anything about it. Lg specifically mentions hz on top of packaging.

f**king weird. The monitors own website doesnt mention the refresh rate. WTF :lol:

I would guess 60 Hz but you could always plug it in and find out. 

IPS is also very good for color accuracy. 

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

Bought it from the local market. Got it for 17.5k. It doesn't mention refresh rate anyway but model is CF591.

Thank you all for the first help

it is a 60Hz monitor with 4ms response time.

f**king weird. The monitors own website doesnt mention the refresh rate. WTF [emoji38]

I would guess 60 Hz but you could always plug it in and find out. 

IPS is also very good for color accuracy. 

it is a 60Hz monitor with 4ms response time.
Yeah. Just found out from the settings. Thanks guys.

I am enjoying the monitor so far. I think there were some text tearing issue but I figured it was not an issue since inside any website or videos were working perfectly fine. Did some settings and monitor adjustments and I don't know what worked but text now do look sharp.

Is there some correlation between the frequency of the monitor and the response time. I.e. can we have a 4k monitor with a 144hz frequency and 5ms response time? 

Ps- next gen is making things uber confusing on the display front atleast. I am confused with which display to go for that'll give me all the bells and whistles with an uber smooth gameplay (making full use of those teraflops and that ssd)

3 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Is there some correlation between the frequency of the monitor and the response time. I.e. can we have a 4k monitor with a 144hz frequency and 5ms response time? 

Ps- next gen is making things uber confusing on the display front atleast. I am confused with which display to go for that'll give me all the bells and whistles with an uber smooth gameplay (making full use of those teraflops and that ssd)

Wont response time be 1/frequency? 

4 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Don't think such a thing exists, even if it does it will be insanely expensive

basically if it's TN or VA panel high frequency monitors will also have low response time, because they are targeted towards the e-sports/ BR Crowd who play at high fps anyway.

IPS or similar panels will be very expensive if they have low response time in addition to 1440p or 4k and 120hz plus frequency.

TLDR unless it's too bad idk if response time matters

btw if you're playing on console only no point burning blood over all this :lol:

4k TVs or 4k60hz monitors will do, console games in general won't go above 30 fps, so no point.

14 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

60fps has been the standard for PC for multiple generations of console lifetime. It's actually sad the upcoming consoles still don't have 60fps as standard.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Standard as in a 60 fps lock, depending on settings and res, not all games will push full 60 at all times, it will be variable frame rate with upper limit being vysnc 60 fps.

In todays open world games, go into any city or hub area with lots of NPCs and fps will tank, you go to wilderness type areas and fps will rebound again.

TLDR on PC you get mostly 60 fps, with drops, with the same or better graphics than consoles of the current gen

• Like 1

Standard as in a 60 fps lock, depending on settings and res, not all games will push full 60 at all times, it will be variable frame rate with upper limit being vysnc 60 fps.

In todays open world games, go into any city or hub area with lots of NPCs and fps will tank, you go to wilderness type areas and fps will rebound again.

TLDR on PC you get mostly 60 fps, with drops, with the same or better graphics than consoles of the current gen

Yeah i know, that post was to compare the fps with the next gen consoles. The fps on PC depends on your hardware, most of the time you would be pushing more than 60fps if you have a good hardware. Drop settings to medium and turn on vsync and you get constant 60fps most of the time, though yes you do get slightly more input lag.

Also I think we should discuss these monitor related stuff in the PC thread. This thread is getting very off topic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Divide 1000 by hz of monitor. The number you get should be higher than response time. If its lower then you're getting bottlenecked by response time. For eg 60hz panel has inherent latency of 16.66ms. But if your TV panel has a lag (or response time) of 20ms then your overall lag will be 20ms. For 144hz anything below 7ms is good. Anything above 7ms and you start seeing trail behind your mouse cursor. 

1 hour ago, sadge said:

Is it possible to buy WF1000XM3 in India?

Not officially launched in India. All import pieces, so sky high prices. 

Not to be confused with WH1000XM3, which are headphones and go on sale often 

Can anyone recommend a comfortable headset please? I'll be wearing it thoughout the day and will use it for work and games.
Budget around Rs 5k. 
I prefer to use a headset specifically for gaming as that works better, plus I need to use a good mic. I use the Corsair HS50 for that.
It's pretty comfortable, I've used it for 3 hours at a stretch during gaming, no problem.

But gaming headsets are generally a bit bulky and not as comfortable as regular headphones. So would recommend using two different sets. But you can check out the Corsair HS50, and I've used an option from Logitech at the same price point.

I use the Bose QC25 while I'm at the desk, but a different pair of over ear headphones should be good too. JBL and Sony have them at different prices.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Not officially launched in India. All import pieces, so sky high prices. 

Not to be confused with WH1000XM3, which are headphones and go on sale often 
Ohh I thought he meant the WH1000MX3 lol, the noise cancelling headphones from Sony lol

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk