Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not officially launched in India. All import pieces, so sky high prices. 

Not to be confused with WH1000XM3, which are headphones and go on sale often 

Yeah. I don't see any good quality equivalent in TWS category.

47 minutes ago, sadge said:

Yeah. I don't see any good quality equivalent in TWS category.

The new WFSP800N is supposed to be pretty good. Even improves on WF1000XM3 according to some reviewers. 

Other option is Seinnheiser Momentum 2. Apparently has improved much, ANC, better battery etc. I have the Momentum 1 (and WF1000XM3), and purely for audio, the Seinns are darned awesome. 

39 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The new WFSP800N is supposed to be pretty good. Even improves on WF1000XM3 according to some reviewers. 

Other option is Seinnheiser Momentum 2. Apparently has improved much, ANC, better battery etc. I have the Momentum 1 (and WF1000XM3), and purely for audio, the Seinns are darned awesome. 

I was considering purchasing the WF1000XM3s. Looking for a mule to carry them over from US or UK or whereever they are available. Too sad they are not available in India yet. 

I already own Sennheiser Momentum TWs(Ver 1) and also have the WH1000XM3.

Dont the Sony TWs sound better than the Momentum TWs??

Side note - I also have V-moda Crossfade LPs, Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX(Sennheiser HD650 basically) and also RHA MA750.

12 hours ago, amigoatul said:

I was considering purchasing the WF1000XM3s. Looking for a mule to carry them over from US or UK or whereever they are available. Too sad they are not available in India yet. 

I already own Sennheiser Momentum TWs(Ver 1) and also have the WH1000XM3.

Dont the Sony TWs sound better than the Momentum TWs??

Side note - I also have V-moda Crossfade LPs, Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX(Sennheiser HD650 basically) and also RHA MA750.

I would say both lock heads in AQ. Seinns maybe just a tad better if you're nitpicking, but the Sony's offer so much more that it's not even a comparison. 

Over the months, with multiple updates from Sony, I haven't even charged my Seinns. Don't use them at all. The ANC in WF is almost as good as QC25/35, and that's saying something for a TWS so small. 

Get the new WFSP800N. From what I've read online, they fit much better then the WF1000XM3s, and basically carry over all the other features - but they're bass boosted. That might a hit or loss depending on the type of music you listen. I don't base boost at all, prefer the natural sounds, so the WF100PXM3 suits perfectly. 

Edit: Have heard good things about the Seinns Momentum 2, so have a look out for those too. Apparently improved quite a bit. They have launched in India already. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07R7636MH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_q6b-EbVXQFF6W

LG 27 inch 144hz 1ms Gsync compatible monitor

>It costs just 23k.

>23K

:wOOtjumpy:

Wait wtf its the 1080p one not the 1440p one :/

why do LG name all their monitors so samey 

Edited by PhantomShade

13 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

>It costs just 23k.

>23K

:wOOtjumpy:

Wait wtf its the 1080p one not the 1440p one :/

why do LG name all their monitors so samey 

Lol yeah should have mentioned in the title. On close inspection, I also found that the brightness is around 400 nits. Iirc for proper hdr 10 performance you need close to 800-1000 nits peak performance.

Need a new iPhone cable. I don't want it to be too long, don't wanna lug around 2m of cable.
Prefer durable cable, those braided ones.

Also, does Amazon say if the product was manufactured in India or China?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I would say both lock heads in AQ. Seinns maybe just a tad better if you're nitpicking, but the Sony's offer so much more that it's not even a comparison. 

Over the months, with multiple updates from Sony, I haven't even charged my Seinns. Don't use them at all. The ANC in WF is almost as good as QC25/35, and that's saying something for a TWS so small. 

Get the new WFSP800N. From what I've read online, they fit much better then the WF1000XM3s, and basically carry over all the other features - but they're bass boosted. That might a hit or loss depending on the type of music you listen. I don't base boost at all, prefer the natural sounds, so the WF100PXM3 suits perfectly. 

Edit: Have heard good things about the Seinns Momentum 2, so have a look out for those too. Apparently improved quite a bit. They have launched in India already. 

If you had a choice between Seinns Momentum 2 and WFSP800N, what would you get?

Most of reviewers #1 seems to be momentum 2 but I'm hearing really awful things about the equalizer. I don't know if they fixed it or not.

8 hours ago, sadge said:

If you had a choice between Seinns Momentum 2 and WFSP800N, what would you get?

Most of reviewers #1 seems to be momentum 2 but I'm hearing really awful things about the equalizer. I don't know if they fixed it or not.

Difficult choice tbh. 

MTW2 reviews say they don't sound as good as the v1, but now they have ANC, no battery issue. But if you read the reviews, apparently there is an audio lag when playing videos (strange for something which costs this much). 

SP800N meanwhile has most of the frills of 1000XM3, but it lacks the latter's ANC chip (uses a different chip, and Sony doesn't mention the difference between the two), and also lacks Sony's DSEE (upgrades normal MP3/AAC to high fidelity - present in 1000XM3). It is bass boosted though, so good for those who like that soundstage. 

Most reviews say it fits far better than 1000XM3, plus it's sweat and water resistant to boot. 

Personally, I've seen Sony really upping the chops with their timely firmware upgrades. Whatever issues were prevalent were quickly taken care of by new firmware, and they added more functionality to boot (like volume control on earbuds which wasn't there earlier), so I like Sony for their approach. Their app is also simplistic. 

Seinns app is ridiculous. It loses bluetooth connection easily, and the equalizer is just f**king bad. I hate it. I think the MTW2 also uses the same (haven't checked though). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

Also, my MTW1 are bitch if you want to move from 1 device to another even if you've paired them to the devices before. Sometimes they lose pairing with my phone, and I've to repair again. No idea if these are present in V2 or there's an improvement 

The 1000XM3s are super quick. I can go from the iPad to the phone in about 3-5 seconds. There's no pairing issue at all. Something to keep in mind. The call quality is pretty good too. 

Edit: Will add - MTW2 and SP800N are not comparable since they are for different people. MTW2 is more of an audiophile system, whereas SP is for fitness (bass boosted, sweat/water resistance, and the wing ear tip). 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

On 6/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, KWC said:

Can you give a quick review of the monitor? Is it too big?

While I was unboxing and installing it, I was always second guessing whether I should have gone for a 27 inch since it felt massive compared to my previous 24 inch monitor.
But after installing and using it for couple of hours I was slowly able to adapt. It will probably take some more time to get used to but I think its the right choice considering it is a tad bit more future-proof..
IMG-20200628-211333.jpg

IMG-20200628-210952.jpg

The monitor is good enough overall. Not much backlight bleeding. Need to adjust quite a lot to get the brightness, contrast n all to my liking.
Freesync too is working fine with my RTX 2060. Although I couldn't see any huge difference yet. May be because I'm not getting high frames at 1440p with the RTX 2060.

Also I found couple of dead pixels on top right corner. So have requested a replacement. Although this is not very noticable but I thought it would be good to get it replaced at that time. Now I'm thinking what if the replacement unit too has dead pixels and in a more noticeable place and what if backlight bleed it worse than the current unit :fear1:
IMG-20200629-135646.jpg

Edited by goDofWar_skr

35 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

While I was unboxing and installing it, I was always second guessing whether I should have gone for a 27 inch since it felt massive compared to my previous 24 inch monitor.
But after installing and using it for couple of hours I was slowly able to adapt. It will probably take some more time to get used to but I think its the right choice considering it is a tad bit more future-proof..
IMG-20200628-211333.jpg

IMG-20200628-210952.jpg

The monitor is good enough overall. Not much backlight bleeding. Need to adjust quite a lot to get the brightness, contrast n all to my liking.
Freesync too is working fine with my RTX 2060. Although I couldn't see any huge difference yet. May be because I'm not getting high frames at 1440p with the RTX 2060.

Also I found couple of dead pixels on top right corner. So have requested a replacement. Although this is not very noticable but I thought it would be good to get it replaced at that time. Now I'm thinking what if the replacement unit too has dead pixels and in a more noticeable place and what if backlight bleed it worse than the current unit :fear1:
IMG-20200629-135646.jpg

Thanks dude, was searching for a 24 inch to 32 inch monitor size comparison all over the internet but couldn't find it :rofl:

Update : Since I had already made up my mind on replacing it.. thought why not use it till the replacement was scheduled to arrive two days later..
Then donno why but decided to give the screen a small smack/flick at the dead pixel spot.. Voila! No more dead pixel, it started glowing up and working as expected
But then one other pixel somewhere below the previous one turned off.. So gave a flick to that again and it got sorted while another pixel turned off.. After 2 to 3 more flicks now I don't see any more dead pixels :bigyellowgrin:
Seems like the childhood days of smacking stuff like remotes to make it work still applies to modern electronics!

• Haha 7