Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Lol I bet the govt won't do anything about it. These statements are made just to calm the vendors down a bit.

It'd be epic if day after tomorrow even Amazon comes with similar or beter deals :rofl:

I hope this is what happens. Else screw this backward thinking country.

I received no such apology mails from Flipkart :ranting:

Moreover, all my 3 orders are still in the 'Your item has been confirmed' state. Wonder when they will be shipped.

Edited by Man In The Box

Dear Customer,

Due to the over-whelming response we got on the Big Billion Day, our delivery team is working round the clock to ensure every customer receives their products in a reasonable amount of time.

Given the sheer volume of deliveries, we have turned off our In-a-day Guarantee and Same Day Guarantee services temporarily. We apologize if this has caused any inconvenience and will bring back the services as soon as we can.

Got this Flipkart First mail. Next day deliveries disabled for paying Flipkart First customers :P

Got this Flipkart First mail. Next day deliveries disabled for paying Flipkart First customers :P

:lol: is it an e commerce giant or a local baniya company? They were this clueless about their capacity and all the while they were sending personal emails and promotions like some street side hooker solicting customers on the road.

E-commerce is already ruining the local markets here in Ludhiana.

Most of the shop-owners who i know here are going through a bad time. Especially people who sell Games, Music, movies, Books, and even some people selling Jewellery and clothes.

To be honest, Mobile Shops are worst affected. And also computer shops.

Every rich kid or person, checks out amazon/flipkart/snapdeal/ebay for prices first and buys a lappy, hard disk etc later. Its an informed decision and not an impulse buy.

Just near my house, there is a huge store of electronics. I went and enquired about price of an Dell Laptop, it was 34k. same was availaible with flipkart for 26k, plus offers. The guy was stunned when i told him the price of Online, he said, no warranty, this that bullshit. After i told him otherwise, he said Model number must be different, after checking everything he agreed that price is a problem and reduced it to 29K. but he still couldnt match 26k of Flipkart.

Maybe amazon or snapdeal might have been offering for cheaper but i didnt even check.

Then he told me that this year alone, they have had more then 50% customer asking them why their price is higher then Flipkart or Amazon and most of the poeople who enquired that, didnt buy from them. obviously. The more people know about this, the sooner the thuggery of shops will end.

More POWAH to the e-tailers.

Flipkart delivery seems to have gone bonkers :lol: A pair of shoes starts from a place near my office; goes to a place near my house; then is transported to another place somewhere else in the city; and all this dance happens in 3 days :doh:

something is just not right

But don't retailers have to account for extra costs like property rent etc that etailers dont have?

Well this is dog eats dog world.

Small vendors were eaten by malls, malls by bigger malls. They were beaten cuz they couldnt cater their customer better...be it on grounds of range, location, parking space.

My corner grocery store walaa, learnt this fast. He has frigging everything in his 8x15 sqft shop, he speaks good, he takes wishlists, he home delivers on call/whatsapp, he opens his shop at 7am till 11pm.

Other guys, at least 5 in the area including very next shopowner...dont even get 20% of what he does.

Canceled my preorders and the sub. They can suck it.

Considering this. Might as well order from GTS if they ship first :/

Edit: And Flipkart doesn't even have the option for next-day deliveries for pre-orders. You only get standard.

Edited by Keyofx

My corner grocery store walaa, learnt this fast. He has frigging everything in his 8x15 sqft shop, he speaks good, he takes wishlists, he home delivers on call/whatsapp, he opens his shop at 7am till 11pm.

Other guys, at least 5 in the area including very next shopowner...dont even get 20% of what he does.

Which is a clear example of market awareness. There is this shop near my house that sells fruits and groceries. The owner has technically equipped himself with stuff like home deliveries, orders etc; and has also improved the quality of stock he usually keeps.

Obviously people who do not move forward with the same pace as required will be left behind.