Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, eddy4823 said:

deal over now. I had a bit.ly link, I wasn't sure if it was allowed here or not so I didn't paste it here.

Yeah just checked. Says unavailable now.

Did you manage to grab it though? That was a solid deal man haha

On 6/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, goDofWar_skr said:

Update : Since I had already made up my mind on replacing it.. thought why not use it till the replacement was scheduled to arrive two days later..
Then donno why but decided to give the screen a small smack/flick at the dead pixel spot.. Voila! No more dead pixel, it started glowing up and working as expected
But then one other pixel somewhere below the previous one turned off.. So gave a flick to that again and it got sorted while another pixel turned off.. After 2 to 3 more flicks now I don't see any more dead pixels :bigyellowgrin:
Seems like the childhood days of smacking stuff like remotes to make it work still applies to modern electronics!

Ok, I got the same monitor too, I was using a 22" and well it does take some time to get used to it! 

For example browsing on full screen is a no- no! :D, don't really game and haven't noticed any dead pixels yet!

On 7/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, KWC said:

Ok, I got the same monitor too, I was using a 22" and well it does take some time to get used to it! 

For example browsing on full screen is a no- no! :D, don't really game and haven't noticed any dead pixels yet!

Check here - http://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm

Cycle through different colors by mouse click and look for black spots

I'm almost 90% adjusted now within a week of usage. Feels quite normal now..
I have set windows scaling to 125% for general browsing and windows operations otherwise it was too small to read for me
Compared to my previous monitor, I can definitely see more stuff now in games like Destiny and even FIFA looks great

On 6/29/2020 at 1:12 AM, adity said:

If anyone's in the market for TWS, I can wholeheartely recommend Galaxy buds+ especially if you can get the corporate pricing of 8.5k. The sound quality is surprisingly great. I have rha ma750 and galaxy buds+ are a solid competition to even ma750 which is really impressive considering how good ma750 are and they're wired. 

Battery lasts 12+ hours, app works great and never loses connection. 

How are Buds+ with an iPhone? Same experience as in Samsung phones?

1 minute ago, adity said:

The experience is the exact same on iPhone. However there is one caveat. Samsung phones have scalable codec which is supposedly better than AAC codec on Iphones but that's about it. 

That's cool. Not eligible for corporate discount or have referral codes but I can get it for 10k. 

Looks like it's worth it.

13 minutes ago, sadge said:

That's cool. Not eligible for corporate discount or have referral codes but I can get it for 10k. 

Looks like it's worth it.

Not to promote my own post. But if you can get Buds for cheap then I would recommend those. Apart from battery life/mic there is nothing much to spend more on the plus. So check them out.

Edited by kunjanp

8 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Yo, can someone please point me to a ps4 pro power cable for online purchase, need it urgently. 

Thanks for all the great recommendations :D Turns out desktop power cord works just fine. Got one locally for 110 INR. Weekend gaming saved :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

Does anyone use hdmi splitter here? Please suggest me one. Preferably 3 hdmi with a button to switch. All I can see is some unknown brands selling. If anyone is using it here for a long time, then please suggest one.

Sadly you have no option apart from Ching Chong widgets imported from AliExpress by Desi vyaparis.

There is an Amazon Basics HDMI Switch* but, idk if hdmi splitter and switch are the same.

basically these items are not hot sellers and don't have big profit margins, so it's just import from cheeni, rebrand, sell.

TLDR you have to buy these cheapshit items, use till they die, then get a new one.

Till you get one of those golden monitors with 2x HDMI and 1x DP that is.

Or a normal TV with 3x HDMI in

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

There is an Amazon Basics HDMI Switch* but, idk if hdmi splitter and switch are the same.

I think splitter is for one input and multiple outputs. Like one PS4 to two different monitors.

This is for connecting multiple sources to a display with only one HDMI.

Afaik, Belkin makes an HDMI splitter, but I dont see it on amazon. @dante77

Belkin's reliable enough.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Some people on IVG use the kinivo HDMI splitter.

On amazon.in some people give this splitter 5 stars and some give 1 star, the one star is like they got a DoA device or it died in a week or something :/

I wish there was one manufacturer who made quality accessories like this :fear:

like i wanted bluetooth dongle for PC, to use DS4 wirelessly, everywhere i saw only ching chong no name dongles, then i found one TP LINK one, turns out even that is a rebrand :rofl:

the driver on TPLINK page was wrong, then i had to use the driver that windows update provides for the dongle to work :lol:

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be buying some cheap ones. I don't wanna spend too much on that either.
@chirag - that is a different gadget with no switch I guess. I am not sure if it is called the same. I think it is called the same lol.

I have seen some amateur Indian YouTube videos and this is exactly what I need. Price hike also happened lol. They mentioned 25-300 rs but these are now at least 500-600 rs but I am fine!

10 hours ago, dante77 said:

Does anyone use hdmi splitter here? Please suggest me one. Preferably 3 hdmi with a button to switch. All I can see is some unknown brands selling. If anyone is using it here for a long time, then please suggest one.

I think you need an HDMI switch, not splitter. 

Splitter is one which takes 1 HDMI signal, and splits it to be seen across multiple devices. 

Switcher is where you can plug multiple inputs (like a PS4, Xbox, Switch, STB) and output to a single device. I am using this: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07MJ5HH97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Works flawlessly, no remote though, so you have to press the button to switch between inputs. They ave devices with >2 inputs too.

I think you need an HDMI switch, not splitter. 

Splitter is one which takes 1 HDMI signal, and splits it to be seen across multiple devices. 

Switcher is where you can plug multiple inputs (like a PS4, Xbox, Switch, STB) and output to a single device. I am using this: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07MJ5HH97/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
Works flawlessly, no remote though, so you have to press the button to switch between inputs. They ave devices with >2 inputs too.
Thanks man. Yeah. I am lookin for that only. I was looking for 3 hdmi but what the hell. 2 will do too. Work laptop personal laptop and ps4 to connect but no problem at all!

I don't need a remote lol. I will use it on a monitor so its fine.

Now. I searched on internet and found out that all hdmi cables are same with no quality difference. Is it true? If not, please suggest a good quality hdmi cable because I'll need that for the switch.