Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

26 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Is 54k like the best price for iPhone 11 this year? Any chance we could get a price during BBD sale (Considering, I only have the Amz ICICI card, and no Flipk Axis card).

Thinking whether I should jump on this deal. Any suggestions people?

EDIT: I think it works out to like 56.2k and not 54k. As the max instant discount on ICICI card is 750. Bummer!

Is the deal still good then? :/

Sorry man, my bad I miscalculated as the card has 750 off max. It's a good deal for now, better one will come in BBD/Diwali sale

Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 43A71F (Black) (2020 Model) | with Dolby Vision and Atmos ₹23037/₹23499

Use Amazon Pay ICICI CC to get 5% Off + 5% Cashback
Use HDFC CC to get ₹1500 Off

5 year warranty on Panel is valid till 9th August 2020

Hisense 126 cm (50 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 50A71F (Black) (2020 Model) | with Dolby Vision and Atmos ₹27787/₹28499

Samsung Galaxy M31s (Mirage Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) ₹17999/₹17812

Edited by santanu18

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

@Bird Bird Birdwh 1000xm3 and qc ii both at 19900/-, which one to choose which one has better mic? 

I have the Bose QC headphones, and WF1000XM3 TWS. I know this isn't the comparison you asked, but both are excellent. So I don't think you can go wrong with either. Sony WH has more app based functions for ANC, but nothing beats the comfort of Bose earpads. They are SUPER COMFORTABLE, more than Sonys. 

14 minutes ago, adity said:

Sony supports lot better codecs than bose. Think bose only has aac and sbc. Ldac is miles ahead of that in terms of performance. 

I mostly stream audio, so LDAC is useless for me. Spotify does Ogg, Apple music does AAC, at max my Edifier does Aptx if I rarely need to play local songs. 

All these earphones and headphones are so good that I just get immersed. 

But for those looking for LDAC and other codecs, Sony is the way to go. I use the DSEE option on on WF1000XM3 (supposed to upgrade the AQ), but honestly doesn't make a difference. Nevertheless, both sound good, but Bose earpads are so soft and cushiony that I have worn them for 10 hours straight during some webinars, and had very little ear tiredness. They also sound very neutral. 

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I mostly stream audio, so LDAC is useless for me. Spotify does Ogg, Apple music does AAC, at max my Edifier does Aptx if I rarely need to play local songs. 

All these earphones and headphones are so good that I just get immersed. 

But for those looking for LDAC and other codecs, Sony is the way to go. I use the DSEE option on on WF1000XM3 (supposed to upgrade the AQ), but honestly doesn't make a difference. Nevertheless, both sound good, but Bose earpads are so soft and cushiony that I have worn them for 10 hours straight during some webinars, and had very little ear tiredness. They also sound very neutral. 

I know its not fair to compare the Bose QC with the truly wireless Sony WF1000XM3's but is the latter's sound signature neutral or slightly V shaped?

1 hour ago, santanu18 said:

HDFC offer only works for min 5k purchase, but yeah it's a good price if you missed the mcubegames deal, this is the second best deal in India.

Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black ₹56193/₹58400

Get iPhone XS instead of 11 , atleast you can see yt at 1080p 

citi/icici - 58k 

https://www.flipkart.com/apple-iphone-xs-space-grey-64-gb/p/itmf944ees7rprte?pid=MOBF944E5FTGHNCR&otracker=wishlist&lid=LSTMOBF944E5FTGHNCRAH33S3&fm=organic&iid=60569bf4-18ca-432d-9aa6-1032500890a2.MOBF944E5FTGHNCR.PRODUCTSUMMARY&ppt=hp&ppn=homepage&ssid=wvyr8q36mo0000001596660862715

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I have the Bose QC headphones, and WF1000XM3 TWS. I know this isn't the comparison you asked, but both are excellent. So I don't think you can go wrong with either. Sony WH has more app based functions for ANC, but nothing beats the comfort of Bose earpads. They are SUPER COMFORTABLE, more than Sonys. 

What I'm trying to get to is it worth getting bose since it's a quite a old model and 1000 xm4 is about to launch 

49 minutes ago, DinJo said:

What I'm trying to get to is it worth getting bose since it's a quite a old model and 1000 xm4 is about to launch 

From the leaks, it seems XM4 will use the same XM3 processor, so ANC might not be too different ? 

I think you need to decide on what you want - support for tons of codecs (although, again, based on leaks, XM4 will be powered by a Mediatek chipset, so no APTX likely) and touch controls for ANC etc., or the simplicity of QC35v2, with neutral sound, similar ANC, better comfort. 

I've tried XM3 only twice, but for my use case, I need superb comfort, since I might wear headphones for a really long time, specially in current scenario. Hence the Bose wins. Plus I predominantly stream, and none of the services use any super high fidelity codec like FLAC (not that I can tell the difference, lol). 

All depends on your needs, mate. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Yes I'm not really much interested in lots of codec support my primary purpose are comfort, good microphone and sound. 

I'll need it for long conference calls and music

XM4 already listed on Amazon France 

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08C7KCJF5

Edited by DinJo

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Yes I'm not really much interested in lots of codec support my primary purpose are comfort, good microphone and sound. 

Honestly, you won't be disappointed with either. Matter of brand preference at this point. 

9 hours ago, HotSonix said:

HDFC DC will only get you 650 off unless its emi 

Edit - whats wrong with ps4 price either they are 30k or OOS. Ps4 used to sell at 21-22k after discounts and exchange 

It was for 28k under Prime deals....effectively around 25.7k with Amazon Pay card.

FK also had the bundle yesterday for 28k, with further Axis card discount.

Edited by blitzkreiig

Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 43A71F (Black) (2020 Model) | with Dolby Vision and Atmos ₹23037/₹23499

5 year warranty on Panel is valid till 9th August 2020

Back in Stock

2 hours ago, DinJo said:

I'll need it for long conference calls and music. 

I own both the Bose QC 25 and the Bose QC 35. I have tried the Sony option as well.

There are more features, support for codecs, and all that jazz.

But I picked Bose even when they were more expensive is because of the comfort level. Like @Bird Bird Bird said, for me comfort comes first. On a spreadsheet, Sony gives you more stuff and is objectively better in terms of the numbers, but my comfort factor outweighs a couple of features that I don't really need.

My use case is for music and audiobooks, or youtube videos if connected to my laptop. 

Edited by Chirag2001

2 hours ago, DinJo said:

XM3 has sh*t mic so for conference calls its not very good.