Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Wanted to get an Amazon icici CC. Filled all info on icici site and was asked to do KYC. When I redirect to amazon app to schedule a KYC, the schedule option is grayed out. Anyone else faced the same issue?

39 minutes ago, b!T said:

Wanted to get an Amazon icici CC. Filled all info on icici site and was asked to do KYC. When I redirect to amazon app to schedule a KYC, the schedule option is grayed out. Anyone else faced the same issue?

I was never asked this for the card. Maybe because I already have an account with the bank. But I kept seeing schedule KYC notification in Amazon site. Even when I scheduled they refused to come. :roflroll:

Edited by sadge
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, b!T said:

I've also been trying. It asks me to get ready with a paper as proof of income, but nobody connects. Very annoying. 

Its a lot easier for the people who already have an account with ICICI. 

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Didn't have to do this, just applied and got a call the next day to confirm my employment status. Have an account with ICICI too, possibly that helped.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I've also been trying. It asks me to get ready with a paper as proof of income, but nobody connects. Very annoying. 

My wife has one. Will ask her to apply :P

40 minutes ago, sadge said:

I was never asked this for the card. Maybe because I already have an account with the bank. But I kept seeing schedule KYC notification in Amazon site. Even when I scheduled they refused to come. :roflroll:

Lol same here. Have an account with ICICI since 2006. Kept getting rescheduled. Finally I asked to cancel, then they called and said guy would come for kyc. He never showed up. I cancelled and got a call to say he would be coming the next day. He came the next day by which time I had cancelled. So he tells me he cant do kyc. I'm like why the f**k would you do kyc for something I don't want anyway :lol:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol same here. Have an account with ICICI since 2006. Kept getting rescheduled. Finally I asked to cancel, then they called and said guy would come for kyc. He never showed up. I cancelled and got a call to say he would be coming the next day. He came the next day by which time I had cancelled. So he tells me he cant do kyc. I'm like why the f**k would you do kyc for something I don't want anyway :lol:

ICICI man completely bamboozled :rofl:

1 hour ago, b!T said:

53 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I had the same "issue" of endless wait till I realized I was trying to schedule it outside of working hours :D Maybe the same case with you. When I tried during working hours the next day, it connected to KYC person fairly quickly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WhatsInTheName said:

I had the same "issue" of endless wait till I realized I was trying to schedule it outside of working hours :D Maybe the same case with you. When I tried during working hours the next day, it connected to KYC person fairly quickly.

will try tomorrow morning then. Thanks!

1 minute ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Are they doing an online KYC?

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Oh didn't know this. Let me see during office hours then.

Lol same here. Have an account with ICICI since 2006. Kept getting rescheduled. Finally I asked to cancel, then they called and said guy would come for kyc. He never showed up. I cancelled and got a call to say he would be coming the next day. He came the next day by which time I had cancelled. So he tells me he cant do kyc. I'm like why the f**k would you do kyc for something I don't want anyway [emoji38]
I am having a even worse experience by applying for an HDFC credit card. I applied online through their portal and submitted all the details and documents and got a confirmation that my card is approved. Since then absolutely no update on the card. I have been following up with them regarding the same for more than a month now and still no update. Their customer service is horrible. Finally last week they told me that a guy will come visit me for physical documentation. Since then absolutely no one has come or contacted me. They are ignoring my tweets regarding the issue as well. Really frustrated.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I am having a even worse experience by applying for an HDFC credit card. I applied online through their portal and submitted all the details and documents and got a confirmation that my card is approved. Since then absolutely no update on the card. I have been following up with them regarding the same for more than a month now and still no update. Their customer service is horrible. Finally last week they told me that a guy will come visit me for physical documentation. Since then absolutely no one has come or contacted me. They are ignoring my tweets regarding the issue as well. Really frustrated.

Its really hard to say if these gaffes are because of the pandemic or just normal shitty service since we're so used to the chalta hai attitude and being treated like any services consumers receive is a favor :(

Edit : To add to that, visited HDFC to cancel my current account and open a savings account. They jumped through hoops to help me with filling out forms etc. I was promised a call yesterday evening to confirm my account is live but I'm still waiting. Serves me right I guess.

Edited by Walker

Its really hard to say if these gaffes are because of the pandemic or just normal shitty service since we're so used to the chalta hai attitude and being treated like any services consumers receive is a favor [emoji20]

Edit : To add to that, visited HDFC to cancel my current account and open a savings account. They jumped through hoops to help me with filling out forms etc. I was promised a call yesterday evening to confirm my account is live but I'm still waiting. Serves me right I guess.
They already had bad service and now due to the pandemic it has gotten worse. Though to be honest my pre covid card application procedure with icici was extremely smooth. The only reason i applied for a HDFC card is because they have really good cashback deals regularly online.
I have escalated the issue at the moment using their web form feature let's see.

As an HDFC customer any advice on who exactly to get in touch with to solve this matter? Any specific person I could probably write to? The fact even the Twitter support ignores my request is really sad.

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

They already had bad service and now due to the pandemic it has gotten worse. Though to be honest my pre covid card application procedure with icici was extremely smooth. The only reason i applied for a HDFC card is because they have really good cashback deals regularly online.
I have escalated the issue at the moment using their web form feature let's see.

As an HDFC customer any advice on who exactly to get in touch with to solve this matter? Any specific person I could probably write to? The fact even the Twitter support ignores my request is really sad.

Not really sure because as a business customer I had a personal banker or whatever who I could call and would take care of stuff for me. Now as a regular customer I feel the pain I guess. If you aren't getting any joy from customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com or the helpline, try the Nodal Office maybe?