Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Is it better to buy a phone online or offline?
Phones is one category which is mostly cheaper online. Plus with the credit card cashback offers it becomes even more cheaper to buy online.

My last 2 phone purchases have been online during Diwali time. I tried retail stores before making the purchase online but they were not willing to offer it at the price which was available online.

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

Is it better to buy a phone online or offline?

I think except Samsung, all are better online. 

Sometimes Samsung retailers, in order to hit their numbers, can give better offers than online. 

For every other brand, online. 

Just now, mohit9206 said:
2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:
I think except Samsung, all are better online. 
Sometimes Samsung retailers, in order to hit their numbers, can give better offers than online. 
For every other brand, online. 

Is Samsung M series available offline?

No idea, man. It's been ages since I've been to a store. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Had the opposite for my TV. 

I was eyeing the C8, so not something cheap, but I tried 2 Cromas - Logix and DLF MOI, and both were too busy to show a 1.5 lacs OLED to a prospective customer. Didn't even listen to us properly. The DLF one is 3rd class. We waited for 20 minutes, and nobody bothered to discuss the TV

RD was drastically different. They offered the discount themselves, and when I was on the fence, sweetened the deal with extra Bajaj Finserv offer (guy spent like 15 minutes working out maximum savings for all my cards). I remember he worked it out pretty efficiently - paid 5k down payment via Citi to get 2k cashback, paid 3 months Bajaj EMI down payment via HDFC to get extra 2k CB, and the Bajaj EMI netted me another 10k cashback. 

The Bajaj guy then called me up later saying the CB is 20k, not 10k, and hence the TV ended up costing 1.04l only. 

The overall experience was good enough to push us to buy our fridge and a couple of other items from them. 

Faaaaaccck I hate when that happens. Can't stand that behavior really. Its like no value for my time or my business. One job to do - sell. If you can't do that wtf are you even doing?

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Had the opposite for my TV. 

I was eyeing the C8, so not something cheap, but I tried 2 Cromas - Logix and DLF MOI, and both were too busy to show a 1.5 lacs OLED to a prospective customer. Didn't even listen to us properly. The DLF one is 3rd class. We waited for 20 minutes, and nobody bothered to discuss the TV. 

RD was drastically different. They offered the discount themselves, and when I was on the fence, sweetened the deal with extra Bajaj Finserv offer (guy spent like 15 minutes working out maximum savings for all my cards). I remember he worked it out pretty efficiently - paid 5k down payment via Citi to get 2k cashback, paid 3 months Bajaj EMI down payment via HDFC to get extra 2k CB, and the Bajaj EMI netted me another 10k cashback. 

The Bajaj guy then called me up later saying the CB is 20k, not 10k, and hence the TV ended up costing 1.04l only. 

The overall experience was good enough to push us to buy our fridge and a couple of other items from them. 

I see. In general, DLF is packed on the weekends, there is no use bargaining or browsing for big items.

Its alright for eating out and clothes and other small things, but the kind of mad rush DLF gets, its honestly better to come on a weekday, even better if its in the morning and check out what you want in peace.

But nice deal man, OLED is OLED. 

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't have his number, but this was RD @ Logix Mall. 2 years back. 

I've had a mixed experience with both Croma and RD. At some places, RD staff was better and at others Croma was better.

Some locations the staff were complete dicks at both these stores. Specially South Extn branch of Croma.

35 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I see. In general, DLF is packed on the weekends, there is no use bargaining or browsing for big items.

Its alright for eating out and clothes and other small things, but the kind of mad rush DLF gets, its honestly better to come on a weekday, even better if its in the morning and check out what you want in peace.

But nice deal man, OLED is OLED. 

Yeah, this was pre-Diwali time, so they were swamped. But I saw some staff free in the TV section, and they were just not interested in talking. 

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I've had a mixed experience with both Croma and RD. At some places, RD staff was better and at others Croma was better.

Some locations the staff were complete dicks at both these stores. Specially South Extn branch of Croma.

Yeah. Same. Depends a lot on the local staff, and their sales targets than anything else. But in general I have seen more assholes in Croma than RD - possibly due to Croma being popular than the other big box stores. 

Was thinking of buying an OLED around Diwali. Now fridge is about to give up too.

I think it would be best to buy from RD/Croma given I would be buying two things of substantial amount (discount, service, cashback) or should I just get fridge from BBD/Amazon's sale?

42 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Was thinking of buying an OLED around Diwali. Now fridge is about to give up too.

I think it would be best to buy from RD/Croma given I would be buying two things of substantial amount (discount, service, cashback) or should I just get fridge from BBD/Amazon's sale?

I would rather pay a little more and get from Croma/RD/offline store anyday. 

Also I've always found bigger CDs like fridge , TV, Washing machines, etc to be cheaper at brick and mortar.

9 hours ago, silentassassin said:

PSN Plus US for 33.49 $

https://www.dailysteals.com/products/12-month-playstation-plus-psn-membership-card-1-year?sscid=a1k4_89zlw

Use code CNETPSN to get extra 7 $ discount.

9 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Extremely expensive. It goes for <$30 in cdkeys quite often.

Gears of War 2 ₹47.39

Gears of War 3 ₹47.39

Both are all time lowest, must buy if you don't have game pass or missed getting them in GWG.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hope said:

Any deals to get Prime? 

1 month before expiration generally they give 10% means Rs 100 Off. Otherwise Vodafone Red/Youth 499 as well as college students can avail Prime for 499. For general offers something might come on 15th else during Diwali sale.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, santanu18 said:

1 month before expiration generally they give 10% means Rs 100 Off. Otherwise Vodafone Red/Youth 499 as well as college students can avail Prime for 499. For general offers something might come on 15th else during Diwali sale.

Ya i got from vodafone red the previous one but can i claim it again?