Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I mean, this has to be blind. I've never bought from Asics before, my entire family has been walking around in Adidas for ages. 

Now, if someone who has more knowledge can mention which ones (from the sale) are worth the price, that would be fantastic. 

Use case is cycling/walking/running for me, my parents only use them for walking. 

Just for my mom now. Both me and my dad wear UK 10s, that size is available only on this shoe-

GEL-KENUN Lyte MX Running Shoe For Men  (Black, Grey)

As a general rule, don’t get the entry level/ mid range of any brand, the target market is the people who prefer the brand name, and comfort/ performance is secondary. Try to get the absolute top range, at a discount of 50-70%. They are well worth it.

Nike is notorious for this. Nike running  shoes which cost as much as 10-12k are not as good as Adidas or Asics shoes in terms of quality. Though they look much better.

If you do want Entry Level/ Mid range, get Asics as their quality of shoes is much better than the other brands. Looks wise they may not be as good as the other brands though.

36 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

As a general rule, don’t get the entry level/ mid range of any brand, the target market is the people who prefer the brand name, and comfort/ performance is secondary. Try to get the absolute top range, at a discount of 50-70%. They are well worth it.

Nike is notorious for this. Nike running  shoes which cost as much as 10-12k are not as good as Adidas or Asics shoes in terms of quality. Though they look much better.

If you do want Entry Level/ Mid range, get Asics as their quality of shoes is much better than the other brands. Looks wise they may not be as good as the other brands though.

Thank you for the advice, but then again, the absolute top range might not actually suit my pocket man haha

We generally buy Adidas, in the 4-6K range after a 40-50% discount. Though we do believe that footwear is super important, but I felt the comfort is quite satisfactory. 

Not into running shoes for the looks. Anyway, then these shoes on sale are clearly not worth it. 

The only Nike shoe I tried is the Lunarlon, and I found it to be quite comfortable, though costlier. My brother is a Nike guy and he got me a pair to get me to convert. Not happening anytime soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Thank you for the advice, but then again, the absolute top range might not actually suit my pocket man haha

We generally buy Adidas, in the 4-6K range after a 40-50% discount. Though we do believe that footwear is super important, but I felt the comfort is quite satisfactory. 

Not into running shoes for the looks. Anyway, then these shoes on sale are clearly not worth it. 

The only Nike shoe I tried is the Lunarlon, and I found it to be quite comfortable, though costlier. My brother is a Nike guy and he got me a pair to get me to convert. Not happening anytime soon. 

4-6k Is a very good budget. Will get you top of the line on Asics, and just one level below top of the line (ultraboost) on Adidas. If you prefer Adidas, get the boost series. 

Asics:

https://www.flipkart.com/asics-gel-kayano-25-running-shoes-men/p/itmfg85vz8c8kz49?pid=SHOFG85Z6HK4HKZR&lid=LSTSHOFG85Z6HK4HKZRVXXNJF&marketplace=FLIPKART&srno=s_1_14&otracker=search&otracker1=search&fm=SEARCH&iid=115a3d54-9189-469e-b3d7-55b0412378f7.SHOFG85Z6HK4HKZR.SEARCH&ppt=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=cp0uvs9fb40000001602434519291&qH=6ca39e5024067f51

https://www.flipkart.com/asics-gel-nimbus-21-running-shoes-men/p/itmfdarfdhj3xd97?pid=SHOFDA9GGNFKHPA9&lid=LSTSHOFDA9GGNFKHPA9XAALVX&marketplace=FLIPKART&srno=s_1_5&otracker=search&otracker1=search&fm=SEARCH&iid=b722fc82-ef74-474a-b3dd-64d664a9dfb1.SHOFDA9GGNFKHPA9.SEARCH&ppt=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=9xyr9fjuk00000001602435156869&qH=0e78d66f33c484a3

Adidas:

https://www.flipkart.com/adidas-pureboost-go-walking-shoes-men/p/itma1bdc1c69b834?pid=SHOFK9HGQVZGT9NJ&lid=LSTSHOFK9HGQVZGT9NJY4GQSR&marketplace=FLIPKART&srno=s_1_11&otracker=search&otracker1=search&fm=SEARCH&iid=9c0de51c-414a-4f16-857b-a1e4952f5f0a.SHOFK9HGQVZGT9NJ.SEARCH&ppt=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=qxf7v3owkg0000001602434693424&qH=6611476ce58877ec

Agreed, Nike running shoes aren't worth their price. However, their lifestyle shoes are the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Are ASICS shoes good for wide feets? It's really difficult to find good shoes which feel comfortable for people with wide feets.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

I have wide feet and it works fine for me. I like ASICS more than Rbk, Adidas and UA. UA has the narrowest in India. I wish here every company had feet type option also along with size.

12 hours ago, boltonfan said:

4-6k Is a very good budget. Will get you top of the line on Asics, and just one level below top of the line (ultraboost) on Adidas. If you prefer Adidas, get the boost series. 

Agreed, Nike running shoes aren't worth their price. However, their lifestyle shoes are the best.

Thank you brother, this is what I need. My current Adidas shoes are going fine (Cloudfoam Racer), will not bother with the cheaper Asics shoes on FK.

I was only considering buying because the price seemed stellar, but much rather spend the money and get good shoes.

My mom does need a pair though, and its her birthday this month, so I think I'll get her the Ultraboost. We're always buying Adidas, but never spend that much, but this is the time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Win between ₹1000 to ₹5000 Off on selected Home Appliances on flipkart 
Burn 3000 Cred Points to get the discount coupon
Redeem it on your flipkart account
Offer remains valid for 50 days after redemption

I got ₹1000 Off on minimum ₹3000 order

Eligible products

Cred link

The Cred link seems broken

5 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

The Cred link seems broken

Corrected

Trials Rising Gold Edition (PS4) 67% Off ₹829

Borderlands 3 PS4 79% Off ₹835

Red Dead Redemption II PS4 ₹1499

Grand Theft Auto V Premium Edition ₹1299

Edited by santanu18

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

rdr2 links to this thread ^^

It's some forum bug, few links disappear for some weird reason. Anyway fixed it.

Beardo All-Rounder Combo for Men ₹600

Code
bdmp40PXXTSW
bdmp40M5U1HC

Edited by santanu18

16 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Thank you brother, this is what I need. My current Adidas shoes are going fine (Cloudfoam Racer), will not bother with the cheaper Asics shoes on FK.

I was only considering buying because the price seemed stellar, but much rather spend the money and get good shoes.

My mom does need a pair though, and its her birthday this month, so I think I'll get her the Ultraboost. We're always buying Adidas, but never spend that much, but this is the time. 

No worries! Good shoes make a huge difference. They are well worth the relative premium.

Ultraboosts run half size/ one size smaller generally, so be sure of the size before you order. Do post pictures of the ones you eventually get!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boltonfan said:

No worries! Good shoes make a huge difference. They are well worth the relative premium.

Ultraboosts run half size/ one size smaller generally, so be sure of the size before you order. Do post pictures of the ones you eventually get!

Got it. I think we'll go try 'em out at the store though, can't be hiding in the house forever.

Thanks for the help :) 

Hope we can get them at a good price. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Any suggestion for a good AC? This damn heat with humidity is absolutely killing me and was thinking of buying an AC for a long time, want to finally pull the trigger during the Diwali sale.

Looking for a 2 TON AC with really high quality parts that is going to last me a very long time. Budget is around 60k. Any idea which company and model would be good. If i remember correctly mitusubishi & general used to make really high quality AC. Not sure if its still true and finding their products is kind of difficult. 

Hi Guys,

Any suggestion for a good AC? This damn heat with humidity is absolutely killing me and was thinking of buying an AC for a long time, want to finally pull the trigger during the Diwali sale.

Looking for a 2 TON AC with really high quality parts that is going to last me a very long time. Budget is around 60k. Any idea which company and model would be good. If i remember correctly mitusubishi & general used to make really high quality AC. Not sure if its still true and finding their products is kind of difficult. 
Spend premium, get General. Close the query. Thank you.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Hi Guys,

Mitsubishi or Daikin or lg will do . Samsung if you find copper condenser 

If you live near coastal areas  with high humidity get a non inverter ac or look for inverter ac made spec for these regions 

Edited by HotSonix

Hi Guys,

Yes, it still holds true. General and Mitsubishi make great quality ACs. Daiking or LG would be my second go to option but in your budget you can get a Mitsubishi or General.