Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Yes, it still holds true. General and Mitsubishi make great quality ACs. Daiking or LG would be my second go to option but in your budget you can get a Mitsubishi or General.
I doubt he'll get General in his budget. But it's worth getting it for 10-15k extra.

Just now, abhinit90 said:
9 minutes ago, SuperT said:
I think he might just get it in that range during Diwali sales.

I never prefer to buy these appliances from online.

A lot of the stores also offer good discounts and cashbacks to compete with online stores.

Vijay Sales or trusted neighborhood stores sometimes match the online prices, specially around Diwali.

I was getting a 2 ton General/Mitsubishi for around 65k last year, ended up getting a Mitsubishi.

The stores sometimes even give freebies so the deal works out to be as good if not better than online.

33 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:
44 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:
Hi Guys,

Any suggestion for a good AC? This damn heat with humidity is absolutely killing me and was thinking of buying an AC for a long time, want to finally pull the trigger during the Diwali sale.

Looking for a 2 TON AC with really high quality parts that is going to last me a very long time. Budget is around 60k. Any idea which company and model would be good. If i remember correctly mitusubishi & general used to make really high quality AC. Not sure if its still true and finding their products is kind of difficult. 

Spend premium, get General. Close the query. Thank you.

Thank you, though the problem is that finding General & Mitsubshi online is almost impossible, both Flipkart & Amazon dont have them. 

31 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

Mitsubishi or Daikin or lg will do . Samsung if you find copper condenser 

If you live near coastal areas  with high humidity get a non inverter ac or look for inverter ac made spec for these regions 

Yup I live in the costal area right next to a large lake, the humidity here is absolutely insane. Today its 80%, usually its around 80-90%. Will take your suggestion and get a non inverter ac.

28 minutes ago, SuperT said:
44 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:
Hi Guys,

Any suggestion for a good AC? This damn heat with humidity is absolutely killing me and was thinking of buying an AC for a long time, want to finally pull the trigger during the Diwali sale.

Looking for a 2 TON AC with really high quality parts that is going to last me a very long time. Budget is around 60k. Any idea which company and model would be good. If i remember correctly mitusubishi & general used to make really high quality AC. Not sure if its still true and finding their products is kind of difficult. 

Yes, it still holds true. General and Mitsubishi make great quality ACs. Daiking or LG would be my second go to option but in your budget you can get a Mitsubishi or General.

10 minutes ago, SuperT said:

A lot of the stores also offer good discounts and cashbacks to compete with online stores.

Vijay Sales or trusted neighborhood stores sometimes match the online prices, specially around Diwali.

I was getting a 2 ton General/Mitsubishi for around 65k last year, ended up getting a Mitsubishi.

The stores sometimes even give freebies so the deal works out to be as good if not better than online.

I can extend the budget by 5k thats alright especially if I get a product thats going to last me a very long time. Thank you so much for your kind advice. So I should look for 2TON non inverter AC from General/Mitsubishi in around the 65k range right? Also I guess this needs to be found in physical stores like Chroma/RD/Vijay Sales as online i dont see any 2TON in stock by these 2 brands.

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

Thank you, though the problem is that finding General & Mitsubshi online is almost impossible, both Flipkart & Amazon dont have them. 

Yup I live in the costal area right next to a large lake, the humidity here is absolutely insane. Today its 80%, usually its around 80-90%. Will take your suggestion and get a non inverter ac.

I can extend the budget by 5k thats alright especially if I get a product thats going to last me a very long time. Thank you so much for your kind advice. So I should look for 2TON non inverter AC from General/Mitsubishi in around the 65k range right? Also I guess this needs to be found in physical stores like Chroma/RD/Vijay Sales as online i dont see any 2TON in stock by these 2 brands.

Yup just call the stores nearby for offers and stock. It's best to get the AC from a store, they will provide better after sale services like installation as well.

You can wait a couple of days and let the online sales start it will give you more bargaining power :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yup just call the stores nearby for offers and stock. It's best to get the AC from a store, they will provide better after sale services like installation as well.

You can wait a couple of days and let the online sales start it will give you more bargaining power :thumbsup:

Thank you so much bro for your suggestions, one more question if I may ask. My dad was suggesting that if we get General or Mitsubishi which use imported parts wont the service cost of parts or maintenance be really expensive compared to the tier 2 brands like Hitachi & Daikin which are made in India if I am correct?.

How has your experience of service, spare parts & maintenance been with Mitsubishi? 

Edited by i_rock098

11 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

for General I can def vouch for reliability. Have had mine for a good 13 years now. Been getting it serviced regularly and it's still chugging along just fine with zero issues. Thankfully when I was buying it, a friend who worked with BlueStar at the time convinced me to go for General never mind the cost.

2 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Thank you so much bro for your suggestions, one more question if I may ask. My dad was suggesting that if we get General or Mitsubishi which use imported parts wont the service cost of parts or maintenance be really expensive compared to the tier 2 brnacds like Hitachi & Daikin which are made in India if I am correct?.

How has your experience of service, spare parts & maintenance been with Mitsubishi? 

Installation was on time, luckily had no issues so no service or maintenance required till now.

Your Dad is right the parts will definitely be more costly but then again the chances of them failing or needing repair is less compared to other brands. It's a call you need to make. Also, I believe Mitsubishi provides 7-10 years condenser warranty depending on model which is pretty awesome. For other parts I suggest you get the extended warranty for piece of mind.

Mitsubishi has 2 brands Heavy Industries and Electrical both are very good, later targeted towards household consumers. Both units have extremely good cooling and very long life. The only downside is cost you will not even get basic copper pipe with these AC's along with some other pipes and the cost of AC's are usually high compared to other brands.These models would be available with Mitsubishi sellers mostly which you can search and I think there are some in Powai.

Other AC's which can be recommended are Carrier , Daikin 

18 minutes ago, Walker said:

for General I can def vouch for reliability. Have had mine for a good 13 years now. Been getting it serviced regularly and it's still chugging along just fine with zero issues. Thankfully when I was buying it, a friend who worked with BlueStar at the time convinced me to go for General never mind the cost.

General & Mitsubishi seem to have really high praises here makes me strongly consider getting them. If I may ask how has the maintenance and service been for you with general? Is it really more expensive then the tier 2 and 3 brands? I hope if I buy i dont get an issue either but in case I do I dont want to spend really high amounts in parts.

10 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Installation was on time, luckily had no issues so no service or maintenance required till now.

Your Dad is right the parts will definitely be more costly but then again the chances of them failing or needing repair is less compared to other brands. It's a call you need to make. Also, I believe Mitsubishi provides 7-10 years condenser warranty depending on model which is pretty awesome. For other parts I suggest you get the extended warranty for piece of mind.

I think thats a great suggestion, will get the extended warranty for the peace of mind. That extended warranty is provided by the company or the seller?

25 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

General & Mitsubishi seem to have really high praises here makes me strongly consider getting them. If I may ask how has the maintenance and service been for you with general? Is it really more expensive then the tier 2 and 3 brands? I hope if I buy i dont get an issue either but in case I do I dont want to spend really high amounts in parts.

I think thats a great suggestion, will get the extended warranty for the peace of mind. That extended warranty is provided by the company or the seller?

tbh I've not had an issue so can't really talk about parts, but service wise I haven't spent much more on maintenance/service on General than I do on the Godrej. 

Here's a list of charges for General - http://www.generalindia.com/images/pdf/General_New.pdf

LG - https://www.lg.com/in/support/warranty

Panasonic - https://www.panasonic.com/in/support/out-of-warranty-charges.html

Samsung - https://www.samsung.com/in/support/in-out-warranty-repair-charges/

If that helps.

Edited by Walker

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

I bought the extended warranty from the store.
Croma/RD generally offer their own extended warranty.

Get $10 Credit on purchase of $40 Amazon Gift Card

Valid on digital Amazon GC too

Valid till 14th October 23:59:59

Best for buying Switch Digital $39.99 games or any Nintendo/Xbox/PSN Wallet codes at effectively 20% savings. Offer only for Prime users. if you don't have it, activate a 30-day trial for free and use the offer. Make sure you are eligible for the offer before buying.

TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control&QoS, Qualcomm Chipset (Archer A7) 59% Off ₹3299

Edited by santanu18

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - Nintendo Switch 25% Off $29.99

All time lowest

45 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Looking for cheap deal on this, apparently came on US Prime today for $299 but gone already.. Let me know if someone see it

GARMIN EDGE 1030

I highly doubt if it will be back, you can check BB/Target, else wait for next month's Black Friday sale, it might come back then