Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

Did anyone try to register your Samsung 970 Evo Plus purchases on Samsung site?

After registering with s/n, its showing "Out of Warranty" for me :blink:. Any idea why?

its an issue company has acknowledged. Warranty will be handled by bill 

• Thanks 1

lol Flipkart Ekart logistics is some weird sh*t

I ordered something on the 18th of October and expected delivery is 27th of October. So I'm chill. I'm ok with it being later than the 27th because its not something really important anyway. So on Saturday the 24th when Flipkart tracking shows its out for delivery I'm surprised and a bit happy too. Always nice to get something before time. I receive a few unexpectedly early packages from Amazon and things are hunky dory. Of course there was no delivery from Flipkart

Around 9PM, I crack my first beer and settle down for dinner, still not really bothered about the delivery because ok so they'll deliver the next day or maybe Monday or next weekend. It's all good. And then I get a call from Ekart Logistics. The package will be delivered tomorrow sir as it's very late now. I'm all Yeah sure that's fine. At this point I'm still not bothered but now they've made me a commitment without me asking for it. So sunday came and went, Monday came and went and we're now at Tuesday and lo and behold Flipkart status has changed from Out for Delivery to Item yet to be delivered. For some reason this pisses me off. I contact FK CS and then the rage. Guy says sir they tried to deliver on Saturday and Sunday and it was refused from your end. God help me, I wanted to go through the lines and strangle the f**k out of him. Anyway he assured me it'll be delivered today. So yeah I'm pissed now. Its the principle of the thing and all that. 

This is the precise reason I mostly avoid FK like the plague.

• Like 1

An update:

Now FK CS comes back to me with the bestest of the best lines in the history of stupidity

FK: Sir due to technical issues we are unable to track the package. But you can always check the app to know the status.

Me Are you serious?

FK: Yes sir we unable to track it. Thank you for your understanding.

Me: No I'm ok with the technical issues but did you just tell me immediately after that I can track status on the app? You realise how stupid that is right?

FK : Sir please understand

Me : Yeah ok sure. I'll wait till today. Thanks for your help! :)

I'm laughing out of my skull at this exchange. It's the weirdest sh*t in a while. :lol:

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Walker said:

lol Flipkart Ekart logistics is some weird sh*t

I ordered something on the 18th of October and expected delivery is 27th of October. So I'm chill. I'm ok with it being later than the 27th because its not something really important anyway. So on Saturday the 24th when Flipkart tracking shows its out for delivery I'm surprised and a bit happy too. Always nice to get something before time. I receive a few unexpectedly early packages from Amazon and things are hunky dory. Of course there was no delivery from Flipkart

Around 9PM, I crack my first beer and settle down for dinner, still not really bothered about the delivery because ok so they'll deliver the next day or maybe Monday or next weekend. It's all good. And then I get a call from Ekart Logistics. The package will be delivered tomorrow sir as it's very late now. I'm all Yeah sure that's fine. At this point I'm still not bothered but now they've made me a commitment without me asking for it. So sunday came and went, Monday came and went and we're now at Tuesday and lo and behold Flipkart status has changed from Out for Delivery to Item yet to be delivered. For some reason this pisses me off. I contact FK CS and then the rage. Guy says sir they tried to deliver on Saturday and Sunday and it was refused from your end. God help me, I wanted to go through the lines and strangle the f**k out of him. Anyway he assured me it'll be delivered today. So yeah I'm pissed now. Its the principle of the thing and all that. 

This is the precise reason I mostly avoid FK like the plague.

They once cancelled my order after the status changed to Out for Delivery and then blamed me for not accepting the order. It was a COD order, so I didn’t lose any money but had to order same thing from Amazon later on.

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I dont remember if it was Amazon or Flipkart, but once a COD item marked as out for delivery was changed in status by the delivery guy as " Item could not be delivered due to insufficient funds with the customer". 

The value of the order was around 100rs..

lol that's got to have stung :D

11 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

They once cancelled my order after the status changed to Out for Delivery and then blamed me for not accepting the order. It was a COD order, so I didn’t lose any money but had to order same thing from Amazon later on.

I'm expecting the same thing will happen. Man I remember Fk when it first started. They really did do good CS back then. At least I had great experiences. Can't pin point when it went south but it would have to be soon after Amazon entered.

So friend bought Corsair headset from Amazon few months ago.

Today he went to RMA it for whatver reason. The Corsair center tells him the serial is an international serial number and so they can't RMA it. :mellow:

I've asked him who the seller was, waiting on the reply.

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

So friend bought Corsair headset from Amazon few months ago.

Today he went to RMA it for whatver reason. The Corsair center tells him the serial is an international serial number and so they can't RMA it. :mellow:

I've asked him who the seller was, waiting on the reply.

he can request an official invoice from the seller to claim warranty, that could help

6 minutes ago, Walker said:

I'm expecting the same thing will happen. Man I remember Fk when it first started. They really did do good CS back then. At least I had great experiences. Can't pin point when it went south but it would have to be soon after Amazon entered.

Yes, initially everything was good, I never had to approach CS before this happened. But now, for every order that I make, I expect that it won’t be honoured and have to keep backup options for it. 

43 minutes ago, Walker said:

An update:

Now FK CS comes back to me with the bestest of the best lines in the history of stupidity

FK: Sir due to technical issues we are unable to track the package. But you can always check the app to know the status.

Me Are you serious?

FK: Yes sir we unable to track it. Thank you for your understanding.

Me: No I'm ok with the technical issues but did you just tell me immediately after that I can track status on the app? You realise how stupid that is right?

FK : Sir please understand

Me : Yeah ok sure. I'll wait till today. Thanks for your help! :)

I'm laughing out of my skull at this exchange. It's the weirdest sh*t in a while. :lol:

Dude, it's a message to help him GET OUT OF THE MATRIX ! 

• Haha 3

Flipkart had this policy of refunding the money if you order any product and the price falls within 48 hours. I reported it after buying a phone way back in 2011. They adjusted the amount in next order. Customer Service was awesome back then.

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dude, it's a message to help him GET OUT OF THE MATRIX ! 

Short version : We don't know. Please check app and let us know as well. Thanks.

Edited by eddy4823

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Best of luck. Had to battle for 40 days with amazon to get resolution for the exact same issue with galaxy watch. 

They are acutely aware of what's happening - but they expect they can get away with it since no one will pursue the almighty Amazon or Flipkart - and they have made reaching out to a human CCE extremely tough.

9 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

For me in general the experience is still good with FK (touchwood). But yeah I dont think their CC is gonna be as good as Amazon when it comes to returns.

Yeah, Amazon is way ahead when it comes to returns, I got something delivered to my Delhi address and then took it with me to Bangalore and created a return request from Bangalore address and they picked it up within a day and the amount was refunded. Completely hassle free, all it took was one call to customer care and another with the technical team. 

Amazon UK plays on a whole other level. Way back I remember I ordered a 16Gig vita memcard. After a few weeks had passed with no delivery I contact Amazon UK CS. They were apologetic said they'd reship the memcard since it seemed to have been lost in the mail. I was ok. A couple of weeks later I received it and then a few days later I received the one that was supposedly lost in the mail. I contacted Amazon UK again and advised them I received both. Imagine my surprise when the said I could keep both. No charge.

I bought a TM150 from Amazon india. After the return period had passed one of the springs broke. Since it was in warranty, I contacted Amazon who referred me to the TM India service guys. Who refused to entertain my query. So since I was out about 15k with only a month of use I contacted TM global in France. Their support team asked me to upload a copy of the invoice, which I did. A day later I get a mail back that the spring was being shipped to me free of cost. Nevermind the spring costed them lesser than the cost of shipping, that's f**king service. 

Edited by Walker
  • Like 2