Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

59 minutes ago, Walker said:

An update:

Now FK CS comes back to me with the bestest of the best lines in the history of stupidity

FK: Sir due to technical issues we are unable to track the package. But you can always check the app to know the status.

Me Are you serious?

FK: Yes sir we unable to track it. Thank you for your understanding.

Me: No I'm ok with the technical issues but did you just tell me immediately after that I can track status on the app? You realise how stupid that is right?

FK : Sir please understand

Me : Yeah ok sure. I'll wait till today. Thanks for your help! :)

I'm laughing out of my skull at this exchange. It's the weirdest sh*t in a while. :lol:

This seems to be their go to excuse. A couple months ago I ordered a phone and it was delayed and I was greeted with the same "Technical Issue, not able to track it" and then the guy directed me towards the app. Seriously messed up system.

4 minutes ago, Walker said:

Amazon UK plays on a whole other level. Way back I remember I ordered a 16Gig vita memcard. After a few weeks had passed with no delivery I contact Amazon UK CS. They were apologetic said they'd reship the memcard since it seemed to have been lost in the mail. I was ok. A couple of weeks later I received it and then a few days later I received the one that was supposedly lost in the mail. I contacted Amazon UK again and advised them I received both. Imagine my surprise when the said I could keep both. No charge.

I bought a TM150 from Amazon india. After the return period had passed one of the springs broke. Since it was in warranty, I contacted Amazon who referred me to the TM India service guys. Who refused to entertain my query. So since I was out about 15k with only a month of use I contacted TM global in France. Their support team asked me to upload a copy of the invoice, which I did. A day later I get a mail back that the spring was being shipped to me free of cost. Nevermind the spring costed them lesser than the cost of shipping, that's f**king service. 

CC is always an afterthought in India since we all have the "chalta hai" attitude. 

I have had terrific experiences with both AMZ US and UK peeps. UK, as you said, is just on a different level. God knows how many times they have refunded for items I might have received 3-4 weeks after the refund, and their go to is always to keep or donate the item. AMZ India is definitely OK, but not at a global level. 

Our consumer courts are pretty awesome though. One just needs time and patience with them to get a resolution. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

So friend bought Corsair headset from Amazon few months ago.

Today he went to RMA it for whatver reason. The Corsair center tells him the serial is an international serial number and so they can't RMA it. :mellow:

I've asked him who the seller was, waiting on the reply.

I use a Corsair headset too, bought it from Appario. If its in warranty, they should ideally just replace it right? 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Its possible their internal systems had some issue but the tracking was possible via customer interface, who knows.

As a person who spent a good 12 yrs in CS that line is the number 1 go to reason for anything that doesn't have a ready answer or out of left field for all frontline reps.

There are some companies that care a damn for customer service and there are some that pride themselves on exemplary CS. I've worked with both kinds and the technical issues line is true only 1/10 times its thrown around in the former company. In ones that actually care that line is only thrown out when it is really an issue and in most cases you will be offered a follow-up. 

10 minutes ago, Walker said:

As a person who spent a good 12 yrs in CS that line is the number 1 go to reason for anything that doesn't have a ready answer or out of left field for all frontline reps.

There are some companies that care a damn for customer service and there are some that pride themselves on exemplary CS. I've worked with both kinds and the technical issues line is true only 1/10 times its thrown around in the former company. In ones that actually care that line is only thrown out when it is really an issue and in most cases you will be offered a follow-up. 

I tend to agree. 

My old Netgear R7800 conked off last year, and I called up NG. They didn't have my purchase proof, so I was asked to provide that. Their global backend team took about 4-5 days for verification, but that was the only time I had to wait without any communication. 

The India CC took over, and they followed up with me AT A TIME AND DAY OF MY CHOOSING till I got a replacement with a higher model (replacement R7800 were not in stock). Then they followed up with closing the ticket, but I had used the new model for a couple of days, and the USB port wasn't working. So they again issued a replacement invoice, and followed up until I was satisfied. 

I must say except the fact that I had to go to Nehru Place to drop off the router and pick up the replacement, it was smooth sailing. The CC guy, Amandeep (he was so good and polite that I remember his name) was a gem of a fellow, and I rated him highly, even sending an e-mail to NG. 

Hence when it came to buying a mesh, I was biased towards Orbi by NG. That's how you manage a long term customer. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Doesn't look like a referral code.

If you want to kid, at least do it right.

A referral code won't have 20 at the end, a discount/coupon code will.

If u want to spam at least do it right.

This is not the thread to ask for referral codes. This is not a request thread.

You posted the same in the  coronavirus food thread.

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

If u want to spam at least do it right.

This is not the thread to ask for referral codes. This is not a request thread.

You posted the same in the  coronavirus food thread.

Because it is related to both.

As for this, I am requesting a "deal" where not only me but the referrer will be benefited.

Edit for next reply, just one post in two threads wasn't spam until it was made more.

What do you mean this is not a request thread, requesting/asking for deals is all that is done here and rightly so.

I requested a deal as well.

Yes, as for two threads, it was urgent, will go to the market now since I didn't get a code.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 minute ago, GunnerY2J said:

Because it is related to both.

As for this, I am requesting a "deal" where not only me but the referrer will be benefited.

Stick to one thread and dont spam.

And don't give me this referrer BS,  like I said not a request thread.

Stick to one thread and dont spam.

And don't give me this referrer BS,  like I said not a request thread.
You too could have ignored his message instead of being a smart a*s.

Lots of people request deals for certain products in the thread. Recommended me a pc, any deals on this, blah blah

You're better than this.

4 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

You too could have ignored his message instead of being a smart a*s.

Lots of people request deals for certain products in the thread. Recommended me a pc, any deals on this, blah blah

You're better than this.

Yet you reported this as spam.....and are now trying to stoke the fire.

You too are better than this.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yet you reported this as spam.....and are now trying to stoke the fire.

You too are better than this.

I felt the post was not needed, hence reported it as Spam and moved on. I could have been done the same too and dragged the conversation on, but who's gonna lose at the end? Posts like yours and mine contribute nothing to the thread.

We can't control what others do, right? Or do you think if you correct him, he'll stop?

Edited by abhinit90

1 minute ago, abhinit90 said:

I felt the post was not needed, hence reported it as Spam and moved on. I could have been done the same too and dragged the conversation on, but who's gonna lose at the end? Posts like yours and mine contribute nothing to the thread.

We can't control what others do, right? Or do you think if you correct him, he'll stop?

No we cant...and he'll not stop.

No good deed goes unpunished.

• Like 1