Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Orbi Wifi 6 is also officially launched, but OOS. 

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-N6E1T0) 9269/9549/10299

Apply 700 Off coupon
Use Citi/ICICI/Kotak CC/DC to get 10% Off

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SATA M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-N6E500) 4859/5399

Apply 300 Off coupon
Use Citi/ICICI/Kotak CC/DC to get 10% Off

14 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Thanks don't see FK or amazon selling them though. I will check offline stores any idea of MSRP?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

They do come back in stock with Prime Delivery on Amazon, do keep checking. They were all available in the recent Sale on Amazon as well but vanished now.

I bought the R1700BT last year in October from Amazon for 11k.

The 1280T should be in the zone of 9-10k.

You can also attach a dedicated sub to the 1280T later on should you desire.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Guys just to reconfirm, is this or is this not the Diwali sale ongoing on Amazon? @santanu18

no, this isn't it.

When you see HDFC/SBI, that is the Diwali sale. 

Right now it is just usual pricing on most items, with added card discount. There isn't any price cut. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole WiFi mesh idea is fascinating, but frankly too expensive and not really required. We live in a flat/apartment.

Some kind of range extender/wifi booster is needed though. The absolute opposite corner has pretty sh*t wifi coverage right now. 

Pls. recommend something. Currently using a TP Link Dual band router. 

Edited by Chirag2001

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Guys just to reconfirm, is this or is this not the Diwali sale ongoing on Amazon? @santanu18

No this is certainly not Diwali sale. Hardly there are any good deals. It will start after 4th November once this one gets over. This is not even a Great Indian Sale.

Edited by santanu18

5 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

no, this isn't it.

When you see HDFC/SBI, that is the Diwali sale. 

Right now it is just usual pricing on most items, with added card discount. There isn't any price cut. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole WiFi mesh idea is fascinating, but frankly too expensive and not really required. We live in a flat/apartment.

Some kind of range extender/wifi booster is needed though. The absolute opposite corner has pretty sh*t wifi coverage right now. 

Pls. recommend something. Currently using a TP Link Dual band router. 

If you do end up getting range extender, make sure to set up separate ssid. Using same ones as the router badly f**ks with connection stability.

This one works fine in my experience 

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-RE450-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender/dp/B010RXXY48/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Wifi+extender&qid=1604130900&refinements=p_36%3A1318504031&rnid=1318502031&s=computers&sr=1-1

16 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

The absolute opposite corner has pretty sh*t wifi coverage right now. 

I'm having a similar problem. Because of the way my flat is structured there are too many walls between the router (living room) and bedroom so the bedroom doesn't get signal. 

I've been using a range extender but it gives an extremely slow speed, sometimes crawling to 1-2 mbps. My router is at 100 mbps. 

Edited by dylanjosh

12 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

If you do end up getting range extender, make sure to set up separate ssid. Using same ones as the router badly f**ks with connection stability.

This one works fine in my experience 

https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-RE450-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender/dp/B010RXXY48/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Wifi+extender&qid=1604130900&refinements=p_36%3A1318504031&rnid=1318502031&s=computers&sr=1-1

Bro thats 5 grand. I mean no offense, but my router itself was cheaper than this lol

I get around 50-60 mbps on the 5Ghz connection, and I get my internet from local cable dude. ( @dylanjosh )

Its sufficient for us tbh, just that the room on the opposite end has pretty sh*t coverage. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

What speeds are you getting

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Man, I'm ready to pay that amount. Just want confirmation that it actually works.

I researched extenders and it seems its normal for them to give only 10% of the speed. But I'm getting more like 2%. 

80 Mbps approx on 5Ghz, 25-30 on 2.5

What router are you guys using?

And I thought the booster would just repeat the signal, whats with the separate SSID thing?

I don't see my router on Amz anymore, but it was the AC1300 or 1350 I think. Bought for 2K. I could just spend 5K to get a better router first if that itself solves the problem.

8 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

What router are you guys using?

And I thought the booster would just repeat the signal, whats with the separate SSID thing?

I don't see my router on Amz anymore, but it was the AC1300 or 1350 I think. Bought for 2K. I could just spend 5K to get a better router first if that itself solves the problem.

I'm using this

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B071RSD473/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by dylanjosh

Ahh yes I'm using a similar model, 5 antennas not 4, but can't see it on Amazon anymore.

Anyway let me know which booster you pick. There is an AC1250 Performance model also, along with the more expensive AC1750. Thinking of going with the former.

Also I hope it's fairly easy to set up, cuz my current WiFi stuff was set up by my net provider.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Anyone using either of Samsung HW-T42E/XL or LG SJ3, the audioheads on reddit point out to me that connecting a soundbar to a TV with 3.5 connection will give inferior audio, I'll have to use a optical cable which is on par with hdmi.

since all my hdmi ports on TV will be busy which is a good priced top quality optical cable i can get compatible with all sound solutions involving the cable ?

15 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Anyone using either of Samsung HW-T42E/XL or LG SJ3, the audioheads on reddit point out to me that connecting a soundbar to a TV with 3.5 connection will give inferior audio, I'll have to use a optical cable which is on par with hdmi.

since all my hdmi ports on TV will be busy which is a good priced top quality optical cable i can get compatible with all sound solutions involving the cable ?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00L3KO5WK/

Any optical cable is fine. Buy a short cable. Here is the Amazon basics one.

Edited by gmanu555
  • Like 1