Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Just now, Assassins Creed said:

Yeah kaunsa ischeme hai Bhai, what is the overall cost savings ? Only on iPad or even Phones

Apple offers student discount on a variety of devices. You need a college ID though. Can be verified offline or via Unidays, online. 

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hmmm. So that means either/or scenario. I think student ID nets more discount ? 

I have seen price is almost same atleast that was case on iPad. The only advantage you get discount upfront with student discount, for cashback you need to wait. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yes. It's more or less the same amount and definitely not worth the hassle if you are not a student. 

The discount depends on the worth of the product because educational discount is like a very small %. (like 3k discount for a 54k Pad  to 23-24k for a >1L Mac)

look for the "upto discounts" amount specified for Mac and iPad. Last I checked that's all they provided discounts for. 

17 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is pretty much it. 

https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2020/09/30/how-to-avail-apple-student-discount-in-india/

P.S.: I checked all this when the Apple Online Store was just on it's opening week release. I don't know how the situation is now. There's also a limit to how much you can buy (like 1 Mac / year or 2 iPad /year or student - not exactly sure of specifics)

Edited by sadge

9 minutes ago, sadge said:

Yes. It's more or less the same amount and definitely not worth the hassle if you are not a student. 

The discount depends on the worth of the product because educational discount is like a very small %. (like 3k discount for a 54k Pad  to 23-24k for a >1L Mac)

look for the "upto discounts" amount specified for Mac and iPad. Last I checked that's all they provided discounts for. 

It's 9.3k on M1 Air 256GB and 11.8k on 512gb.

43 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I have seen price is almost same atleast that was case on iPad. The only advantage you get discount upfront with student discount, for cashback you need to wait. 

40 minutes ago, sadge said:

35 minutes ago, sadge said:

This is pretty much it. 

https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2020/09/30/how-to-avail-apple-student-discount-in-india/

P.S.: I checked all this when the Apple Online Store was just on it's opening week release. I don't know how the situation is now. There's also a limit to how much you can buy (like 1 Mac / year or 2 iPad /year or student - not exactly sure of specifics)

Someone on TE replied that both student discount and HDFC CB can be clubbed, but then student discount is only 6% or so (5.5k), plus 6k HDFC cashback. So total around 11k online vs 9.3k online. 

I have almost stopped ordering from flipkart since the cases are just too high also these things usually happens area by area basis with some areas are known for this practise 

Thing is usually during big sales like bbd flipkart by far has the cheapest rate compared to all others. It kind of makes sense to buy in the case if the difference in price is significant. Otherwise in day to day buying it’s better to stick with Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/15/2021 at 10:28 PM, AtheK said:

But the CB comes really quick, just a few days after delivery if you're ordering online. Not a bad experience at all, at least with HDFC.

@Bird Bird Bird