Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

15 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Guys any suggestions for an andriod gaimg box for tv? Something good and reasonable

32 minutes ago, santanu18 said:

Nvidia Shield?

Yea, the Shield is probably the best in terms of performance. Any of the cheaper boxes available locally won't even come close. The issue however is the Shield isn't officially available in India, and is a lot more expensive. Best sourced from the US, ideally.

If you can't source a Shield, then any of the local boxes (with warranty, like the Mi Box 4K) will do. It's likely they're all running the same old Mali 450 graphics chip anyway :/

Edited by Keyofx
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, santanu18 said:

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Yea, the Shield is probably the best in terms of performance. Any of the cheaper boxes available locally won't even come close. The issue however is the Shield isn't officially available in India, and is a lot more expensive. Best sourced from the US, ideally.

If you can't source a Shield, then any of the local boxes (with warranty, like the Mi Box 4K) will do. It's likely they're all running the same old Mali 450 graphics chip anyway :/

Shield is actually quite expensive and difficult to source for me.

I just need something play those remastered retro games like FF1,2,3 chrono trigger, valkyrie profile, etc on the Android store.

Does the Mi box come woth with a gamepad?

32 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Emulate it on XSX bro. No need for new box. 

Wouldn't you need to dedicate the whole XSX to emulation in that case? Or can you also run regular games alongside?

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Emulate andriod games? How? 

Another option to look at would be the Raspberry Pi 4. PLENTY of tutorials and videos online on using the Pi4 for emulation. It's cheap and you can also double it up as a media server or a regular desktop PC when needed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Emulate the source games. Why emulate android. You can emulate games with uoscaled resolution and what not. Let me find the video which shows instructions. XSX can emulate lot of retro consoles. 

Nice. Thanks. Jope it wpnt screw with the syatem though :fear:

11 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Wouldn't you need to dedicate the whole XSX to emulation in that case? Or can you also run regular games alongside?

Another option to look at would be the Raspberry Pi 4. PLENTY of tutorials and videos online on using the Pi4 for emulation. It's cheap and you can also double it up as a media server or a regular desktop PC when needed.

Yeah I had pi in mind, but its fairly expensive for thd 8gb set (around 9k)

11 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Nice. Thanks. Jope it wpnt screw with the syatem though :fear:

Yeah I had pi in mind, but its fairly expensive for thd 8gb set (around 9k)

Would you need 8 gigs of ram? These are older games, so 4 may actually do! Hmmm.

But yea, the 4 gig version will still cost you between 4 and 5k iirc. You do get a full on desktop PC for that money, though :/

3 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Would you need 8 gigs of ram? These are older games, so 4 may actually do! Hmmm.

But yea, the 4 gig version will still cost you between 4 and 5k iirc. You do get a full on desktop PC for that money, though :/

Yeah true. Might get 1 for the novelty, though main goal was to play remastered ones. I have the actual snes and ps1, and will be picking up the n64 and gamecube next month.

I wonder, is it possible to configure pi as a  upscaler? :scratchchin:

4 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/11/how-to-turn-your-xbox-series-x-s-into-an-emulation-powerhouse/

Check this out. It's an official feature and not a hack. Easy enough to set up. 

Bruh, doing this. Its taking hours to set up but looks simple enough going forward. Though setting up the emulator for each device is a PITA

• Like 1

22 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Bruh, doing this. Its taking hours to set up but looks simple enough going forward. Though setting up the emulator for each device is a PITA

Nice! Keep us posted on the process and how it ends up working, please :D

2 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Nice! Keep us posted on the process and how it ends up working, please :D

Got it set up, the ps2 emulator is broken. It plays the game well but video settings are screwey. Will try out the retro emulators today.

But best option is to play on crt with actual consoles/clone consoles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Got it set up, the ps2 emulator is broken. It plays the game well but video settings are screwey. Will try out the retro emulators today.

Or play it on PC with mods :D

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I would've tried the PS2 first as well :D Shame it doesn't work well. Maybe it just needs some troubleshooting :/