Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

14 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Yes 4K goes for almost 4K during sale :D 

any idea when amazon will have next sale? I'm pretty sure there is Independence Day sale, but any chance before that?

59 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Split between Mi Box and Firestick. I need a USB cable enabled box so that I can put my pen drive in it to watch some 4k content. Looks like Android supports a types of format for 4k.

just curious, can you not insert it directly into a USB port on your TV and just play?

just curious, can you not insert it directly into a USB port on your TV and just play?

Yeah like I said, then the player is limited to whatever format tv supports, I think Android OS supports pretty much all the formats and codecs as opposed to Tizen OS. It's not a big deal but it may better if I am buying a smart stick/box.

The reason I am saying this is because I tried to play some of the 4K movies I got from *Ahem* and it didn't work in my tv, while they work on my laptop, and watching directly from pc just isn't as smooth.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dante77 said:

Split between Mi Box and Firestick. I need a USB cable enabled box so that I can put my pen drive in it to watch some 4k content. Looks like Android supports a types of format for 4k.

Mi Box has a usb port, Firestick doesn't afaik, unless the latest version had a change.

SONY PlayStation 5 (CFI-1008A01R) 825 GB with Astro's Playroom  (White) 49990
Sale goes LIVE at 12 pm IST on Thursday 27th May 2021
Amazon
flipkart
ShopatSC

If you really want to buy  the console, these are the order in which you should try to get it. Forget about trying other sites, they will crash and you will get nothing

Edited by santanu18

27 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

I guess ShopatSC is the only option we folks in Mumbai have. Pretty sure Amazon or FK won't accept orders with a MH address.

Your OLED will download a nightly and turn into FALD if you don’t land a PS5 this time 

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

Firestick get a converter to use USB, MI box is sh*t hole in terms of software 

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Your OLED will download a nightly and turn into FALD if you don’t land a PS5 this time 

Just like we use to put blue screen covers on our black and white TV 

Guys what is the support email for amazon? Chat is useless.

I bought 2 ps2 games , but after messaging the seller realized they are pirated. Asked chat to cancel the order in afternoon to which they said they will do so. Recieved a call from the seller where he tried his best to convince me that they "manufacture" Authentic ps2 discs as Sony does not make them now. I flat out refused and asked him to cancel and he said ok.

Now around 8.50pm , i recieve an alert that the order has been shipped by seller. I chat again and amazon cc says i should refuse delivery. 

Problem is, seller used normal shipping. If I refuse delivery, the courier guy will simply throw the package and mark it as delivered.

I want make it in written that i raised the cancellation. 

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Guys what is the support email for amazon? Chat is useless.

I bought 2 ps2 games , but after messaging the seller realized they are pirated. Asked chat to cancel the order in afternoon to which they said they will do so. Recieved a call from the seller where he tried his best to convince me that they "manufacture" Authentic ps2 discs as Sony does not make them now. I flat out refused and asked him to cancel and he said ok.

Now around 8.50pm , i recieve an alert that the order has been shipped by seller. I chat again and amazon cc says i should refuse delivery. 

Problem is, seller used normal shipping. If I refuse delivery, the courier guy will simply throw the package and mark it as delivered.

I want make it in written that i raised the cancellation. 

cs-reply@amazon.in

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

If I refuse delivery, the courier guy will simply throw the package and mark it as delivered.

AFAIK, the courier will initiate RTS (return to seller) if you refuse the delivery. 

Edited by VamosReva

5 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Mi Box has a usb port, Firestick doesn't afaik, unless the latest version had a change.

SONY PlayStation 5 (CFI-1008A01R) 825 GB with Astro's Playroom  (White) 49990
Sale goes LIVE at 12 pm IST on Thursday 27th May 2021
Amazon
flipkart
ShopatSC

If you really want to buy  the console, these are the order in which you should try to get it. Forget about trying other sites, they will crash and you will get nothing

Genuine question, not mocking anyone / being rude to anyone purchased, but what do you do with a PS5? (other than playing Demon Souls)

So far what have you guys used it for?

4 minutes ago, sadge said:

Genuine question, not mocking anyone / being rude to anyone purchased, but what do you do with a PS5? (other than playing Demon Souls)

GOT 60fps

GOW 60fps

TLOU2 60fps

Will play:

RE8 (Ps5 Upgrade)

HZD (awaiting 60fps patch)

SM MM

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sadge said:

Nothing exceptional that couldn't be done on ps4 pro. Ive played Miles morales, Re village and a couple of smaller games, I cpuld have just as easily done on my ps4 pro without dropping 50k. Mostly bought in anticipation of new games, FF16, Ratchet, Harry potter etc.

Dualsense features are underwhelming IMO.

Hopefully Ratchet makes full use of ps5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Nothing exceptional that couldn't be done on ps4 pro. Ive played Miles morales, Re village and a couple of smaller games, I cpuld have just as easily done on my ps4 pro without dropping 50k. Mostly bought in anticipation of new games, FF16, Ratchet, Harry potter etc.

Dualsense features are underwhelming IMO.

Hopefully Ratchet makes full use of ps5. 

Harry Potter's delay was a dagger in the heart.