Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

This plat reserve Amex? How much is the fees and what's the benefits?

https://www.americanexpress.com/in/credit-cards/platinum-reserve-credit-card/

Got 1st year free, and 2nd year half fee. 

20 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

I suggest to upgrade to platinum charge. With thair cashback offers, you will get back more than what you paid. 

60k a year ? Any idea on their cb offers ? It looks like a real high end lifestyle card tbh. 

60k a year is too much unless the cb is exceptionally good. 

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Was this worth it when traveling was possible?

AMEX lounges are much much better than the usual airport lounges. I used to travel 10 days a month, and hence good lounge access was something I really looked forward to. 

You also get Taj inner circle membership (along with a bunch of other memberships), and if you're staying in those properties, decent returns/discounts. 

Plus they run decent CB offers on higher tier cards (case in point the current offer of flat 20% CB on certain sites). I see this quite often, almost once a quarter. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Was this worth it when traveling was possible?

HDFC Regalia has better perks in terms of lounge visits. Also, fairly decent rewards to air voucher redemption. 

Go Amex if you value customer service and want to use it exclusively for online purchses. PoS support is still lacking.

30 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

HDFC Regalia has better perks in terms of lounge visits. Also, fairly decent rewards to air voucher redemption. 

Go Amex if you value customer service and want to use it exclusively for online purchses. PoS support is still lacking.

My LTF HDFC Diners Black application has been pending because of the stay on new HDFC CCs, so was wondering which is better.

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

AMEX lounges are much much better than the usual airport lounges. I used to travel 10 days a month, and hence good lounge access was something I really looked forward to. 

I intend to travel frequently but don't know when that's going to be the case. Only if my employer had such an CC offering :wallbash: 

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Wife has Regalia. I've the legacy JPMiles card. Too lazy to close and change. :fear1:

It's a decent card, but I've to close it at some point. 

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

My LTF HDFC Diners Black application has been pending because of the stay on new HDFC CCs, so was wondering which is better.

I intend to travel frequently but don't know when that's going to be the case. Only if my employer had such an CC offering :wallbash: 

I'll look like an egomaniac saying this, but most cards offer access to Premium Plaza or similar lounges, and they are not worth going to IMO, even if you can get in for free. Those places tend to be filled to the brim with everyone holding a lounge card (which is easily available on most cards nowadays). 

Vistara/AMEX/GVK lounges in Delhi/Mumbai are decent options. Bangalore - the lesser said the better. Only 1 working lounge (last visit was in Feb 2020, no idea what's the update now), and you'll be lucky to find a place during rush hour. 

Lounges on the international side tend to be better, specially with a business class ticket. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

60k a year ? Any idea on their cb offers ? It looks like a real high end lifestyle card tbh. 

60k a year is too much unless the cb is exceptionally good. 

I am holding it for last 3 years and every year I got double of what I paid, back from card.  Its exceptionally good card with lot many other perks. 

DM me if you have any questions.

We are swaying from main topic and should continue this discussion if required in credit card thread. Tag me there if anyone have any questions. 

Really on the fence about buying a Kindle Oasis. 

Its at MRP of 22K currently on Amazon. If anybody knows a better deal or price, please tag me!

Bit of hefty price tag for an eReader but I feel like splurging a bit.....

On 6/29/2021 at 4:10 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

PSA -

Axis is running a 15% cb scheme for FK and AMZ till 4th July. 

AMEX has a flat 20% cb as well (till 5k) on FK and MMT valid till tomorrow. 

On 6/29/2021 at 7:23 PM, Thegothamchampion said:

Thanks for sharing this. I've made a purchase using the affiliate link, is there any way to know the status of cashback?

Did anybody receive the cashback/confirmation for cashback?
Just wanted to check before I make the purchase....

• Like 1

MX Master 3 and a Keychron K2 hotswap for wife's work setup.

MX Master 3 for my setup, still hunting for another keyboard.

IMG-20210630-210942.jpg

4fb3672a-98b8-4bb7-bc3b-abde41bc852c.jpg

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

MX Master 3 and a Keychron K2 hotswap for wife's work setup.

MX Master 3 for my setup, still hunting for another keyboard.

IMG-20210630-210942.jpg

4fb3672a-98b8-4bb7-bc3b-abde41bc852c.jpg

MXM3 is awesome. Got rid of my wrist pain. :majesty:

• Like 1

Heads up peeps. 

NEVER EVER order anything from Bookswagon. Extremely bad customer service. 

They marked my book as shipped, DID NOT ship it for close a week, kept on blaming courier company, which basically closed the order since they said client did not give the order for pick-up. Money is stuck. Bookswagon is not responding now, still blaming Delhivery. 

Just f**king sh*t all around. 

Raised a customer grievance with INGRAM portal, but this doesn't look like the kind of people to give a f**k. What are my options ? I think I made the mistake of paying via UPI, so no CC protection. 

Edit: Payment was done via Axis CC. How good is their grievance resolution/chargeback process ?

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Heads up peeps. 

They marked my book as shipped, DID NOT ship it for close a week, kept on blaming courier company, which basically closed the order since they said client did not give the order for pick-up. Money is stuck. Bookswagon is not responding now, still blaming Delhivery. 

Raised a customer grievance with INGRAM portal, but this doesn't look like the kind of people to give a f**k. What are my options ? I think I made the mistake of paying via UPI, so no CC protection. 

Edit: Payment was done via Axis CC. How good is their grievance resolution/chargeback process ?

I'm on Axis CC, but haven't had this issue before, so not very sure. 

I order books on basically a weekly basis and I do it all through Amazon. Customer service is top notch.

I'm finicky about books, and I got one with the corner mushed. Amazon sent a replacement next day, no complaints.

Thanks for informing, will avoid this site. Also avoid ChapterOne online bookstore.

They're also horrible, TOOK 10 months to deliver 2 books. 

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Heads up peeps. 

They are very lazy and customer service is sh*t but they get books which no other gets just call them directly and speak to the lady