Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

On 6/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, NitroNeo said:

It ships from UK ? If so duty price ?

On 6/20/2021 at 1:18 AM, El Tigre Chino said:

Yep ships from the UK. I'm not sure what the scene is on the duty front yet, will know in a month's time.

Just circling back on this, my order got delivered. Paid about 2.3k additional on an order of ~5.5k

Break-up of the 2.3k is - around INR. 550 (10% on declared value) of customs duty & 28% IGST on the (invoice + customs) which comes up to around INR. 1600. Couple of other fees like postal charges, etc on top of that.

Edited by El Tigre Chino
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

wow. too bad i dont listen to audiobooks lol 

got it anyway 

audiobooks can be very convenient tbh. I didn't use audible but it would make sh*t convenient as I wouldn't have large MP3 files taking up space on my phone.

I'll grab it too. Offer is only valid if you haven't used audible before. 3 months is free for Prime members anyway but I'll gladly take a 4th month for additional 2 rupees. 

18 minutes ago, North said:

audiobooks can be very convenient tbh. I didn't use audible but it would make sh*t convenient as I wouldn't have large MP3 files taking up space on my phone.

I'll grab it too. Offer is only valid if you haven't used audible before. 3 months is free for Prime members anyway but I'll gladly take a 4th month for additional 2 rupees. 

When do you listen to audiobooks? i'm either working or watching something on tv or playing vidya games.

So my attention is always taken. Used to listen to podcasts and stuff when travelling to and fro from work but that time is gone with WFH. 

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

When do you listen to audiobooks? i'm either working or watching something on tv or playing vidya games.

So my attention is always taken. Used to listen to podcasts and stuff when travelling to and fro from work but that time is gone with WFH. 

while doing chores, is a good time.

I am thinking of getting Logitech G29 during this Prime day sale.. Any chance of a good offer on this? The price just keeps changing everytime... If I can get one for around 18-19k would be great deal..

Bro take mine. I’ve used it like twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t understand Amazon’s local pricing approach with Audible. 199 bucks a month is weird, although negligible, for audiobooks in this country. Masses ain’t going to sub to this at this price.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

wow. too bad i dont listen to audiobooks lol 

got it anyway 

Remember to cancel. I've taken their trial sub a couple of times, and always forget to cancel (since I'm not really interested in audiobooks). 

Paid for 4 months last time before remembering to cancel. :catfight:

20 minutes ago, wickedbl0ke said:

I don’t understand Amazon’s local pricing approach with Audible. 199 bucks a month is weird, although negligible, for audiobooks in this country. Masses ain’t going to sub to this at this price.

some of the books are really well narrated. 200 is a very good price for 10-50 hours of high quality entertainment. The whole Game of Throne series, Harry Potter, anything narrated by Derek Perkins, Stephen Fry, Simon Jones.  

Edit: Girl on the Train. One of the best narrated books I ever heard. Even better than the movie, which was already incredible.

Edited by WhatsInTheName

@dylanjoshI used audiobooks on transit to college everyday. Then in 2020 I started doing it when walking/running/cycling.

I used the first credit on Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Same author as The Martian, and I've heard brilliant things about the audio narration.

Its a 2021 release!

@Bird Bird Bird can't I turn off Auto Renew like with PS Plus or Spotify?

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

some of the books are really well narrated. 200 is a very good price for 10-50 hours of high quality entertainment. The whole Game of Throne series, Harry Potter, anything narrated by Derek Perkins, Stephen Fry, Simon Jones.  

Edit: Girl on the Train. One of the best narrated books I ever heard. Even better than the movie, which was already incredible.

Did not do audio, but Paula Hawkins' Girl on the Train is fantastic. One can also try Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

+1 for Stephen Fry. Man is fantastic, and I'm probably going to use the next credit on the Sherlock Holmes collection! 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Remember to cancel. I've taken their trial sub a couple of times, and always forget to cancel (since I'm not really interested in audiobooks). 

Paid for 4 months last time before remembering to cancel. :catfight:

Bird you can ask for refund. Read multiple posts on reddit about it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Valid even though I've got and used 1,3,5 free months offer before too.

So try the luck, i guess.

My apologies: its valid as long as you are not an audible member at the moment/ haven't been for the past 45 days.

It was in the T&C.

So you're saying I may get another few months free trial again? That would be great!

• Like 1