Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, BRHeadHunter said:

If you are familiar with computers and mobile phones, you could buy a Xiaomi with SD processor and slap on a custom ROM. The process is easy and ROMs like Lineage, PixelExperience, ArrowOS and Evolution X are miles better than MIUI, ColorOS, FunTouch (Do check if there are ROMs available for the phones on XDA Forums)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I bricked my Galaxy note.

Samsung used to have bloatwares and shitty s/w in general.

Thought I could get pure Google XP.

No rooting, no roms, never.

Edited by Right

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Flipkart / Amazon sale on July 25 onwards. Thinking of getting iPhone 11 for mom. Hopefully it gets a discount. 

iPhone 11, 12 Pro are both getting discounted in the sale. So, you should save some amount, especially with HDFC Cards.

Just curious what exactly is the advantage of SD 888 over SD 865? Iirc 865 was flagship last year, so suddenly it stopped supporting apps or what? Or was the chip design flawed somehow? Or are you using it for some software development etc?
It's like buying an old Hyundai i20 when a new i20 hits the market.

40 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Just curious what exactly is the advantage of SD 888 over SD 865? Iirc 865 was flagship last year, so suddenly it stopped supporting apps or what? Or was the chip design flawed somehow? Or are you using it for some software development etc?

Just a spec war perpetrated by Qualcomm. In real world use, a mid range processor works wonders for battery optimisation. As long as one doesn't game, the flagship is just an e-peen tool. 

1 hour ago, abhi90 said:
1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

It's like buying an old Hyundai i20 when a new i20 hits the market.

Problem is its not Hyundai i20 vs facelift, people are looking at inferior options (mi, one plus etc) and skipping better options like Samsung because of the processor, hence i was curious if the 865 was flawed in some way. I bought my phone with 855 last year and it pushes apps smoothly like a boss.

42 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Just a spec war perpetrated by Qualcomm. In real world use, a mid range processor works wonders for battery optimisation. As long as one doesn't game, the flagship is just an e-peen tool. 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Unless you are gaming heavily or (say) video editing (???) on your phone you won't notice a difference.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:57 AM, Right said:

S20FE doesn't have fast charging and its SD865,

Charging is slow on the S20FE, especially after moving from OnePlus. 

Can try to answer any questions about the S20FE, recently switched to it from a OnePlus 7T. 7T had become a laggy mess after the Android 11 update and was full of bugs. Overall satisfied with the phone, except the charging time. And for some reason I'm not getting the best battery life either, saw on reddit people are getting pretty good battery life.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Right said:

I bricked my Galaxy note.

Samsung used to have bloatwares and shitty s/w in general.

Thought I could get pure Google XP.

No rooting, no roms, never.

Totally acceptable as you've had a bad experience with it b4. Personally, I've flashed custom ROMs on 2 phones, and I've been successful twice. The support now is way better than before, and I convinced 2 other people, and they are happy.

Custom ROMs are perfect for phones that are dropped out of updates or laggy on stock OEM ROM.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Macbook Pro - 8/512 gb for 1.22L and 8/256 for 1.06L on Flipkart. 

Good prices for those looking for MBPs. 

It is a good offer indeed. However, this HDFC offer has been going on for a very long time and is valid till end of Aug.

Now a days, these sales don't offer anything extra. Sometimes, items are expensive during the sale

• Like 1

MBP Air is 81.7 for 8/256GB. Education pricing is at 83.6 but with free airpods. This is the best price I have seen so far outside of education pricing

8 minutes ago, Bluebolt05 said:

MBP Air is 81.7 for 8/256GB. Education pricing is at 83.6 but with free airpods. This is the best price I have seen so far outside of education pricing

It's still showing at full price 93k for me? :wacko:

Same for Pro model as well, 8/512 is 1.3 and 8/256 is 1.13

Edited by Kushagra