Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

8 minutes ago, Root said:

Anyone used Saregama Carvaan? Planning to buy Tamil one for my parents.

There are so many models which would you recommend?

Not sure about the models but if possible, buy it offline. I had bought it from Amazon and had a SD card issue twice, even with replacements. It just kept the host on loop and talking about music and artists. The browsing and selecting the artist and their song was all messed up. The carvaan customer support said the unit was faulty both times. Didn't buy it after that but someone I know I think bought it offline and works fine for them.

Guys i need some help. Need to buy a macbook air and there.s a sale on the apple website for Students/teachers with a Unidays subscription. Can anyone in Pune help me out with this ? 

*Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on.

3 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Guys i need some help. Need to buy a macbook air and there.s a sale on the apple website for Students/teachers with a Unidays subscription. Can anyone in Pune help me out with this ? 

*Not sure if this is the right thread to post this on.

You don't need Pune's student ID...you can use any relative's/friend's college ID from all over India, it just needs to be verified from Unidays website and it is a very quick and simple process. It can be done without physical Photo ID also, just need a university email ID, personal email ID and phone number.

Edited by him2anshu

1 hour ago, him2anshu said:

You don't need Pune's student ID...you can use any relative's/friend's college ID from all over India, it just needs to be verified from Unidays website and it is a very quick and simple process. It can be done without physical Photo ID also, just need a university email ID, personal email ID and phone number.

I tried it , but there are only a certain number of colleges on their list so my relative.s email id wasnt working. Does the college have to be on their official list ? 

15 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

I tried it , but there are only a certain number of colleges on their list so my relative.s email id wasnt working. Does the college have to be on their official list ? 

Yes.

Not all colleges are eligible but most of them are ex: DU, DTU, IIT etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Can there be any issues with the warranty if we purchase using someone else's student ID or the student ID expires after the purchase?

You can use your address for delivery and your existing Apple ID and phone number for everything related to billing. Also, if the student ID expires after the purchase, there is no effect whatsoever on anything.

23 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

No. The bill isn't created with the student's name and ID, you can add your own.

17 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

They're also giving a 20% discount on Applecare+ , andd airpods also free. Feel like i should apply to a college just to get this deal. 

Any idea till when is the airpods offer valid for student IDs?

2 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Any idea till when is the airpods offer valid for student IDs?

As per official Apple website It's there till 27th Sept or till when stock lasts whichever is earlier.

https://www.apple.com/in/shop/browse/home/back_to_school/terms_conditions

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Both Amazon and Flipkart have put up banners for their sales - GIF and Big Billion Days. I am guessing it will go live  around end of the month. Is this going to be the best sale or is it the one around Diwali ? 

Don't expect much discounts this year.

Silicon and manufacturing slump + shipping costs have eaten into the margins.

I have heard the same from a couple of people at Vijay sales and even my friends at Samsung.

Unless someone decides to take advantage of the pent-up demand because of Covid, card discounts might be the best thing we will get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1