Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Don't expect much discounts this year.

Silicon and manufacturing slump + shipping costs have eaten into the margins.

I have heard the same from a couple of people at Vijay sales and even my friends at Samsung.

Unless someone decides to take advantage of the pent-up demand because of Covid, card discounts might be the best thing we will get.

Im sure it wont affect general items like home appliances

2 minutes ago, BRHeadHunter said:

Do tell me what food processor you bought, I'm looking for one too

I'm leaning towards the morphy richards one, but suggestions are welcome.

Basically shredding large quantitites of veggies easily is a must as I have to prepare my salad packs for 2 days in 1 go, with at least 2-3 veggies. I have a small a*s chopper and it sucks chopping veggies one by one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRHeadHunter said:

Do tell me what food processor you bought, I'm looking for one too

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

I'm leaning towards the morphy richards one, but suggestions are welcome.

Basically shredding large quantitites of veggies easily is a must as I have to prepare my salad packs for 2 days in 1 go, with at least 2-3 veggies. I have a small a*s chopper and it sucks chopping veggies one by one.

Got a Panasonic after having not-so-great experiences with Philips etc. Works quite well.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, SuperT said:

Both Amazon and Flipkart have put up banners for their sales - GIF and Big Billion Days. I am guessing it will go live  around end of the month. Is this going to be the best sale or is it the one around Diwali ? 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:42 AM, DarkDemon said:

The sale will go live on 6th till 11th Oct.

Is this confirmed? I mean they started promoting from last week, promo campaigns 3.5 weeks ahead of sale? Isn't it too stretched apart?

Is this confirmed? I mean they started promoting from last week, promo campaigns 3.5 weeks ahead of sale? Isn't it too stretched apart?
Yea, you can google it and the date for amazon sale gives this confirmed date and tentative for flipkart.

But both these sales go live simultaneously so these seem pretty much confirmed.

Not sure where should I ask this. So asking here.

I made payment to Gamenation via Paytm UPI. The payment went through Paytm just fine but on Gamenation it says timed out. No confirmation order or anything. But my money is debited.

Do you think that Paytm will return the money or Gamenation will accept the order? What should I do here? I want to order again but I am afraid of my current one accepted and paytm may not return the money.

15 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Not sure where should I ask this. So asking here.

I made payment to Gamenation via Paytm UPI. The payment went through Paytm just fine but on Gamenation it says timed out. No confirmation order or anything. But my money is debited.

Do you think that Paytm will return the money or Gamenation will accept the order? What should I do here? I want to order again but I am afraid of my current one accepted and paytm may not return the money.

Mail them with the transaction ID, and tell them to look into it. This is not uncommon, and they should know how to proceed. 

• Like 2

Mail them with the transaction ID, and tell them to look into it. This is not uncommon, and they should know how to proceed. 
Thanks. Mail Gamenation, right?

By the way, paytm guy replied. They are saying payment is successful and this can only be resolved by merchants.

"Please note that any service/refund related issue can only be addressed by the merchant according to their service/delivery policy. We request you to contact the merchant through their customer care mentioned on the merchant's app or website

In case the merchant denies the service, kindly share a documented confirmation from the merchant and we can raise a complaint against the merchant on your behalf "