Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

This explains why a philips buld was missing from my big package. Thr bigger bix that was opened looked exactly how I received mine. What scums, but Amazon would just fire him and do nothing more. I hope they dont start doing this sh*t with small businesses, my business would be fooking dead if they did.

These are all last mile delivery fellas. Amazon doesn't hire them as FTEs. You'll see them competing for delivery bids almost always on a daily basis. 

Amazon has a seperate site for bids, and they specially look at carrying capacity and price per km. 

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Are there any budget alternatives for the Phillips Hue for ambient lighting for desk/TV? 

Any recommendations for something with a remote or which can be controlled via phone? Hue seems too expensive atm.

Xiaomi/Yee and Wipro bulbs are cheap alternatives. There’s also a Mi Lamp that you can use as ambient lighting. Xiaomi works with Google, Alexa, and the Mi Home App. I think Wipro supports both Google and Alexa iirc 

Mi LED Smart Color Bulb (B22) - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08JLLP7BP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_GMRK7T7CAX2VVW4FGPYY

wipro E27 Wi-Fi Enabled Smart LED Bulb - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07VYQZWPR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_AJES7QBND453H5G5C0MY

Mi Smart Bedside Lamp 2 - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089VQ6F9G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_ST7ZEGA8B1916ZQ8M934

if you’re looking for light strips, there are quite a few with built-in buttons and remotes. App/smart home capable ones, I’m not sure about budget alternatives 

This is what I’ve stuck to the back of my TV

XERGY USB 5V 5050 RGB LED Flexible Strip Light - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0722N9K1R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_SESQ0CCJPTBTSDXWBP89

Edited by CtrlAltDev93
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Xiaomi/Yee and Wipro bulbs are cheap alternatives. There’s also a Mi Lamp that you can use as ambient lighting. Xiaomi works with Alexa and the Mi Home App. I think Wipro supports both Google and Alexa iirc 

if you’re looking for light strips, there are quite a few with built-in buttons and remotes. App/smart home capable ones, I’m not sure about budget alternatives 

Not sure how much bulbs will help with the ambient lighting and where to set it up but will look into it!

Any idea how do you connect it to the TV so that the lighting changes as per the scene or something? Never used Raspberry Pi and don't know anything about it and Phillips Hue is just too expensive atm.

Mi had launched some smart LED strip as well I think but can't find it anymore.

If I just buy a regular strip and connect the USB to the back of my TV, will it just automatically stay on as soon as I turn the main power on of the TV?

15 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Not sure how much bulbs will help with the ambient lighting and where to set it up but will look into it!

Any idea how do you connect it to the TV so that the lighting changes as per the scene or something? Never used Raspberry Pi and don't know anything about it and Phillips Hue is just too expensive atm.

Mi had launched some smart LED strip as well I think but can't find it anymore.

If I just buy a regular strip and connect the USB to the back of my TV, will it just automatically stay on as soon as I turn the main power on of the TV?

Even I’m not sure how to set up dynamic lighting without Phillips. The solutions I’ve seen used a camera that was pointed at a TV screen to then emulate the colour value on the bulb. That seems like too hectic a task to set up. Admittedly, I  haven’t researched this in years so it’s very possible that there is a simpler solution.

The light strip I’ve shared above turns on and off as soon as the TV does. I’ve connected it to the USB port on the TV. It has some inline buttons to cycle through colours/effects and is pretty basic in functionality.

edit: saw an alternative from Govee called Govee Immersion but that is unavailable in India afaik. You could import through ubuy but then you’re just better off getting Hue.

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

33 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Even I’m not sure how to set up dynamic lighting without Phillips. The solutions I’ve seen used a camera that was pointed at a TV screen to then emulate the colour value on the bulb. That seems like too hectic a task to set up. Admittedly, I  haven’t researched this in years so it’s very possible that there is a simpler solution.

The light strip I’ve shared above turns on and off as soon as the TV does. I’ve connected it to the USB port on the TV. It has some inline buttons to cycle through colours/effects and is pretty basic in functionality.

edit: saw an alternative from Govee called Govee Immersion but that is unavailable in India afaik. You could import through ubuy but then you’re just better off getting Hue.

I guess I'll go for that for now, seems too much of a headache to get it to emulate TV colours. Also is there any harm in attaching the strip to the back of the TV? Will it cause any issues due to the LED heating or anything?

Also, not sure but I don't think you've linked any LED strip, but I may be mistaken. But I think what you were trying to say is just a basic LED strip with a USB port, like the one you get on Amazon right? The XERGY one or something.

Thanks a lot for your help buddy!

2 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

This is what I’ve stuck to the back of my TV

XERGY USB 5V 5050 RGB LED Flexible Strip Light - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0722N9K1R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_SESQ0CCJPTBTSDXWBP89

@Lazyboy8134^

I don't face any issues with this one. It comes with an easy to peel off tape. I haven't taken it off since applying so can't say if it'll leave any residue though, but i doubt it will. You're welcome

47 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

@Lazyboy8134^

I don't face any issues with this one. It comes with an easy to peel off tape. I haven't taken it off since applying so can't say if it'll leave any residue though, but i doubt it will. You're welcome

Oh just saw the links, wasn't visible earlier. Thanks a ton buddy!

9 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Is ubuy trusted? Have you used it? What about Import taxes? Is it all inclusive at check out?

4 hours ago, SpyVision said:

Is ubuy trusted? Have you used it? What about Import taxes? Is it all inclusive at check out?

I haven’t personally used it, but I’ve checked online reviews while considering importing something. It’s expensive but usually cheaper than what Amazon India charges for imported items. The customs duty will be calculated on checkout but I’ve read reviews that say they won’t be of much help if an item does get held up in customs for some reason. It’s a bad solution to a worse problem that we face while importing items from other countries 

• Like 1

Who is this seller INQNBecommerce on flipkart? Is it an official 1st party seller like retailnet, omnitechretail?

People are grtting great pricing on QN90A from that seller and it seems tempting.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Who is this seller INQNBecommerce on flipkart? Is it an official 1st party seller like retailnet, omnitechretail?

People are grtting great pricing on QN90A from that seller and it seems tempting.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I bought from the same seller. So far so good. Lot of banner listed deals on lg, samsung and other brand tvs were listed by the same seller. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Sooooo...anyone with an SBI card who can help me out during the FK sale ? Looking for a laptop. Probably around 1.2-1.3L max. 

Only looking if SBI discount is not stupidly capped at 1500 or 2000 bucks. 

of course the discounts are capped otherwise the bank will literally go bankrupted. :P Discounts aren’t free. It is a burden to the bank. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Guys, Quick q.  Can we pre-close a No-cost EMI in order to save the interest amount as well? (on top of discount)

I see Instant discount with Citi bank CC. I do remember that they will also provide discount of the future interest amount charged (in case of No Cost EMI).

Now post that, can i call the bank and make full payment in order to save the interest? (Assuming 0% preclosure charges)

Edited by Pacifier

58 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anyone has an LG Gram ? Any real life review ?

Dad uses it. He has a 17inch screen and man the laptop is suprisingly light for such a big screen, it is almost as light as a macbook air 13 inch screen. And I think that is it's selling point if you want a huge screen in a very light body then go for it. The build however is okay it's plastic and doesn't look as premium as say a macbook or zenbook. I think if you want a big screen it is a no brainer. He is pretty happy with the performance as well but he hardly ever pushes it - just browsing, ms office for work and mails.