Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Sooooo...anyone with an SBI card who can help me out during the FK sale ? Looking for a laptop. Probably around 1.2-1.3L max. 

Only looking if SBI discount is not stupidly capped at 1500 or 2000 bucks. 

I have an SBI Card. But the limit is half of what you need. Can load credit card and then get it paid .

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks. It's magnesium alloy btw. Not plastic. 

Is he using the 2021 i5 or i7 model ?

2021 i5. Regarding the material I thought it is plastic even if it is magnesium alloy the quality isn't great I feel my zenbook which I got recently for work feels so much better and so does the macbook air that I have. He infact specifically complained that the screen feels a little cheap and doesn't inspire confidence build wise, if the fan overhead is running at a high speed the screen starts slightly moving because of the air. Still for the screen size it is a brilliant laptop specially coz it's huge and weight gets distributed so well that it feels lighter than my 14 inch zenbook. I feel if screen size is your main criteria then go for it. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Guys, Quick q.  Can we pre-close a No-cost EMI in order to save the interest amount as well? (on top of discount)

I see Instant discount with Citi bank CC. I do remember that they will also provide discount of the future interest amount charged (in case of No Cost EMI).

Now post that, can i call the bank and make full payment in order to save the interest? (Assuming 0% preclosure charges)

Always check with the Bank on what is the deal with such consumer loans..

You are right that you will save that future interest.. I have closed such loans on HDFC without any preclosure charges.. 

5 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Any recommendations for a good lightning cable? Or is Apple one the best? Any cheaper alternatives without sacrificing much quality?

If the config you want is available from Amazon Basics in braided form, go for it without considering anything else.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

If the config you want is available from Amazon Basics in braided form, go for it without considering anything else.

Anything in particular to look for when it comes to lightning cable?

Also any idea about charging speed compared to the original lightning cable?

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Anything in particular to look for when it comes to lightning cable?

Also any idea about charging speed compared to the original lightning cable?

Charging speeds will be the same.

Not different.

Just depends whether you want Type A/C/lightning to lightning.

• Thanks 1

IDK why these websites have only 2 partnered bank cards available at a time during 1 sale window. Just partner with all banks simultaneously throughout the sale period. Offline shops like RD,VS, croma, kohinoor do it. Let's say one does not have the necessary funds or something when their bank card is there for discount then it's a bummer.

Also creative stage is going for Rs.6499 this year last. Last year during sale it was just for Rs.5499.

Items are way too overpriced even for a faked discount.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

IDK why these websites have only 2 partnered bank cards available at a time during 1 sale window. Just partner with all banks

Marketing + partnership + continuous hype. 

Also allows them to give some steal deals multiple times during the overall sale period. They can keep the "sale" running for a month, keep on advertising, keep most banks happy. 

18 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Always check with the Bank on what is the deal with such consumer loans..

You are right that you will save that future interest.. I have closed such loans on HDFC without any preclosure charges.. 

Yes, called Citibank. They confirmed no pre-closure charges for EMIs directly taken at merchant site.

Considering getting the XM4 with this method. 

11 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

IDK why these websites have only 2 partnered bank cards available at a time during 1 sale window. Just partner with all banks simultaneously throughout the sale period. Offline shops like RD,VS, croma, kohinoor do it. Let's say one does not have the necessary funds or something when their bank card is there for discount then it's a bummer.

RD or Croma never has more than 2-3 CC partners for cashback/discount offer during one phase of sale.

29 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Any particular one? They have like 4-5 cables, confused which one to get

29 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Any particular one? They have like 4-5 cables, confused which one to get

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B082T6DHB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anyone uses an external NVME enclosure here ? Any recommendations ? Amazon is filled with generic brands, like Orico. 

AFAIK this is the only good one available when I last did research a few months ago - ASUS ROG Enclosure 4,649₹ Amazon.

4,400₹ from MDCOMPUTERS etc, could be slightly cheaper in person from these stores.

Edited by SpyVision
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 12:05 AM, SuperT said:

2021 i5. Regarding the material I thought it is plastic even if it is magnesium alloy the quality isn't great I feel my zenbook which I got recently for work feels so much better and so does the macbook air that I have. He infact specifically complained that the screen feels a little cheap and doesn't inspire confidence build wise, if the fan overhead is running at a high speed the screen starts slightly moving because of the air. Still for the screen size it is a brilliant laptop specially coz it's huge and weight gets distributed so well that it feels lighter than my 14 inch zenbook. I feel if screen size is your main criteria then go for it. 

Hey ! 

So since the new MBPs are aukaat ke baahar, and the recent 13inch MBP cost northwards of 1.8L for 1 TB storage/16GB RAM, leaning towards either Gram i7 or Zenbook OLED 13inch. 

Which Zenbook do you have ? What config ? How's the battery life ? 

Gram 16inch i7 will be around 85k with current discounts, Zenbook 13 OLED will be around 93k. Zenbook has R5800, which is much much powerful than i7 in Gram, but Gram would have better battery. 

How's the Gram's screen btw ? Is it thr 16/17 or 14 model ? I've heard that the screen is pretty good, nice blacks, decent contrast. Just that's it's a bit glossy. 

Zenbook has the excellent OLED, which obviously trumps everything else. 

A tad confused.