Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

49 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Why AC in this age, should invest in AX now seeing future proofing.

Most peeps won't have net speeds to enjoy AX. Plus true AX connectivity is at a shorter length than 5ghz, so unless you're close, not much benefit. 

Finally, AX routers are still pretty costly. The cheaper ones like TP link work crappier than their AC routers. AX routers also have issues with some internal laptop cards. 

Check details on Smallnetbuilder. 

• Like 1

Most peeps won't have net speeds to enjoy AX. Plus true AX connectivity is at a shorter length than 5ghz, so unless you're close, not much benefit. 
Finally, AX routers are still pretty costly. The cheaper ones like TP link work crappier than their AC routers. AX routers also have issues with some internal laptop cards. 
Check details on Smallnetbuilder. 
Ya i know that, but it will only improve going forward, so I will anyday want to invest in something which will only improve and get better support rather on something which everyone will stop supporting soon. For peeps whi bought it earlier its great but putting lot of money on AC is now not a good idea.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Just now, AtheK said:

Ya i know that, but it will only improve going forward, so I will anyday want to invest in something which will only improve and get better support rather on something which everyone will stop supporting soon. For peeps whi bought it earlier its great but putting lot of money on AC is now not a good idea.

Better AX SKUs will come in 2022 with support for WiFi 6e. 6 was just a stopgap. 

Better to wait and get chips with these issues resolved. Else AC will still serve anyone for foreseeable future. 

Better AX SKUs will come in 2022 with support for WiFi 6e. 6 was just a stopgap. 
Better to wait and get chips with these issues resolved. Else AC will still serve anyone for foreseeable future. 
Ya you are right better to wait for new one and not plonk money in either AC (expensive one) or current one right now i picked a cheap a*s asus router which i am using as repeater, serves the purpose well.

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Lol Also noticed lol wrong thread will post in right thread

I will move it, nvm

https://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57382-what-you-bought-this-week-2021-edition/&do=findComment&comment=2538175

Edited by Assassins Creed

15 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You know what's shitty - RBK50 is 18k, RBS50 is 15k. 

I'm looking to add another satellite, but it doesn't make sense buying just the RBS50. 

Will try the RBR50 to RBS50 hack instead, and expand with 2 satellites if I go that route. 

Yeah matter of flashing 2 firmwares and you would be set 

22 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah going for AX now is not a great decision instead of buying single expensive router whose range would be poor for long distance I would prefer better range with faster speeds which works well with cheaper devices. Also there isn't any practical use to go over 400Mbps on wireless devices unless you are metrics guy 

What's a good pair of ANC TWS earbuds? Right now have the Galaxy Buds Plus, but looking for a change. Use will be music while running and calls only. Android only please. 

Budget is up to 30K since the company will reimburse a decent part of this. Was looking at the WF 1000XM4 but those buds haven't launched in India yet.

3 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

What's a good pair of ANC TWS earbuds? Right now have the Galaxy Buds Plus, but looking for a change. Use will be music while running and calls only. Android only please. 

Budget is up to 30K since the company will reimburse a decent part of this. Was looking at the WF 1000XM4 but those buds haven't launched in India yet.

The Sony XM3 are pretty good but cant recommend them for running or any sort of workout. You can consider the Momentum TWS2 or wait for the Sony XM4. The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro and Jabra 7 Pro should launch by end of this year in India if you can wait those are supposed to be pretty good too. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

How can I apply with this company ? :P

27 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

damn bro what do you do? some creative field? 

Not at all, typical MBA route. I'm only getting about half of my budget back though, rest will be my spend.

24 minutes ago, SuperT said:

The Sony XM3 are pretty good but cant recommend them for running or any sort of workout. You can consider the Momentum TWS2 or wait for the Sony XM4. The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro and Jabra 7 Pro should launch by end of this year in India if you can wait those are supposed to be pretty good too. 

Yeah, I saw some people commenting on reddit that the XM3s are a bit heavy. Will see the other ones you mentioned online. 

Any options if I absolutely need to buy within the next 30 days?

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wait for me to complete my probation so I can refer :tongue:

30 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yeah, I saw some people commenting on reddit that the XM3s are a bit heavy. Will see the other ones you mentioned online. 

Any options if I absolutely need to buy within the next 30 days?

The XM3 are very bulky and also no water/sweat resistance. I don't know what to recommend with such a good budget :roflroll:Most of the premium ones are actually not meant for workouts/running or are not available in India. You can either wait for the premium ones which are meant for workouts to launch (I think the Sony/Jabra/Soundcore at least one of them might launch in the next 30 days) or go for one of the budget/mid-tier options

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I can refer you ? My firm does this too. If you do crack it, I end up getting 2k USD. So will even get you a PS5 game to celebrate cracking the interview :fear1:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Hahaha, thanks for that. So then what are decent ones below 20k? Not Samsung ones since had a below average experience with my buds+.

Jabra ones do connect with multiple devices right?

Yup Jabra has multi connect. Th 85t are supposed to be good but then again people have issues with its fit so it can be an issue while running. Like I said if you can wait for another 30 days it's better to wait ...Jabra/Sony/Soundcore latest offering might release by end of next month. 

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

I can refer you ? My firm does this too. If you do crack it, I end up getting 2k USD. So will even get you a PS5 game to celebrate cracking the interview :fear1:

Holy f**k. 2k USD for referral. Superb.