Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

6 hours ago, SpyVision said:

No issues with my QLED. Maybe it’s just panel lottery.

I have had enough with Samsung. After issues with several products over the past 10 years, I have put it in my blacklist. Good if it works for you, to me Samsung sucks

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Twitter filled with instances of fake items being delivered by Flipkart and then customer service cancelling the return request even when photos and unboxing video are available.

Gonna stay away from Flipkart for good.

At some point, Fk and Amazon will have to cancel their return policy altogether. :giggle:

Companies like RD, Tata Cliq, etc will not even entertain such claims because they can’t sustain a business model where people return ~50% of their purchases. 

Soon Amazon and Fk will be forced to do it. 

18 minutes ago, Vamos said:

At some point, Fk and Amazon will have to cancel their return policy altogether. :giggle:

Companies like RD, Tata Cliq, etc will not even entertain such claims because they can’t sustain a business model where people return ~50% of their purchases. 

But with Tatacliq/RD you'll never face such issues - fake/opened box products. Also, RD has been amazing I once ordered a product and its switch was broken. They replaced it no questions asked they even gave me an option of refund. But yeah unlike Amazon you can't return an item if it's working fine. For expensive electronics I always prefer RD/Tata Cliq.

Edited by SuperT

33 minutes ago, Vamos said:

That will never happen. Retailers in US accept product back if you dislike it but here in India that won’t be entertained. For e-commerce it is a differentiator, why would they give that up when in volume sales they are so ahead and margins are good?  

9 minutes ago, Aercy said:

That will never happen. Retailers in US accept product back if you dislike it but here in India that won’t be entertained. For e-commerce it is a differentiator, why would they give that up when in volume sales they are so ahead and margins are good?  

Amazon India already stopped taking returns of electronic products. Last week I bought tplink wifi powerline adapter and raised request for return as the connection speed is even bad than my existing wifi. Amazon customer service has not accepted the return as product is working and suggested me to check the reviews before buying. After some explanation from my side they accepted return as one time exception.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Aercy said:

I got a completely smashed ps4 game box for the Oninaki i bought last month becuase of the horrible packing done by amazon( seller was cloudtail). Amazon customer care refused to acknowledge it as product damage citing they only accept replacement of the disc is damaged.

13 minutes ago, gmanu555 said:

Amazon India already stopped taking returns of electronic products. Last week I bought tplink wifi powerline adapter and raised request for return as the connection speed is even bad than my existing wifi. Amazon customer service has not accepted the return as product is working and suggested me to check the reviews before buying. After some explanation from my side they accepted return as one time exception.

They accept returns. It’s a process, you have to order a replacement, after that arrives an option comes to ‘return for refund’. Also account needs to be in good standing and sometimes via chat they entirely skip the process of sending replacement if you ask politely and/or get a nice chat representative. If you send too many products back you get message saying

“Please Note -
Return of items which are incorrect or not in original
condition may be rejected. Doing so may also lead to
more checks and restrictions in future returns.”

This is like a low-key warning.

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

I got a completely smashed ps4 game box for the Oninaki i bought last month becuase of the horrible packing done by amazon( seller was cloudtail). Amazon customer care refused to acknowledge it as product damage citing they only accept replacement of the disc is damaged.

I complained about receiving “Avengers PC” box damaged and they gave me full refund. ?

I asked for partial refund and the game disc was fine.

Exactly. You just have to know the process. Returns will continue, they will obviously add steps to minimise false and fraudulent cases.

But Amazon is my choice for this convenience. FK you have to put a lot of effort to get things done.

Edited by Aercy

1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

Twitter filled with instances of fake items being delivered by Flipkart and then customer service cancelling the return request even when photos and unboxing video are available.

Gonna stay away from Flipkart for good.

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

Your post is implying that it's always the customer who is at fault, whereas the issue can be at any end - warehouse, shipping, delivery chaps or end consumer. 

Inventory commingling has anyway lead yo a rise of fake items being passed as originals. 

Amazon needs to allow open parcel deliveries + OTP based deliveries for all items, specially high value ones - but they must have calculated the cost of such an endeavour vs cost of returns/refunds, and decided against it. 

Some of their items - like phones - do come in a tamper proof packing with OTP based delivery, but open parcel should ideally decrease such scams. 

FWIW, while I've had issues with Amazon sometimes refusing to refund for an item, if you approach politely, and give full clarity (and a reason why the product is either defective or not as stated), you can get your money back. Just have to be polite and smart about it. 

And I have reason to believe that they do listen to feedback - few days ago I got 2 books delivered in poor shape (creased pages, cover etc). Immediately filed for replacement stating the issues - and the new parcels were extremely sturdily packed, like fresh out of print books. 

Flipkart, lesser said the better. They have had massive expansion in tier 2 cities (read somewhere that tier 2 is now more than metros for them). They are just pushing for growth, with extremely piss poor CC. Stopped ordering any high value items with them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

But with Tatacliq/RD you'll never face such issues - fake/opened box products. Also, RD has been amazing I once ordered a product and its switch was broken. They replaced it no questions asked they even gave me an option of refund. But yeah unlike Amazon you can't return an item if it's working fine. For expensive electronics I always prefer RD/Tata Cliq.

RD/Croma are better since they deliver from their own inventory. No 3rd party, no commingling. Close to impossible getting a fake item. 

No idea about Tata Cliq tbh. Never ordered anything except PSN cards from them (handled by GTS). 

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No idea about Tata Cliq tbh. Never ordered anything except PSN cards from them (handled by GTS). 

I ordered sneakers from them 4-5 years back, they sent wrong size. And when raised, they asked me to ship it back to them with my own money and courier ? Which they said they will compensate but why will I have to make so much effort?

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

FWIW, while I've had issues with Amazon sometimes refusing to refund for an item, if you approach politely, and give full clarity (and a reason why the product is either defective or not as stated), you can get your money back. Just have to be polite and smart about it. 

And I have reason to believe that they do listen to feedback - few days ago I got 2 books delivered in poor shape (creased pages, cover etc). Immediately filed for replacement stating the issues - and the new parcels were extremely sturdily packed, like fresh out of print books. 

Flipkart, lesser said the better. They have had massive expansion in tier 2 cities (read somewhere that tier 2 is now more than metros for them). They are just pushing for growth, with extremely piss poor CC. Stopped ordering any high value items with them. 

I have had horrible experience when I ordered Airpods (stopped working on day 1) and PS5 (Bhiwandi forever episode) from FK. I had to speak to so many people and explain the same thing over and over again. I have stopped buying in majority from FK, only small stuff. Amazon is waaaaay more customer friendly. 

Edited by Aercy

18 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Your post is implying that it's always the customer who is at fault, whereas the issue can be at any end - warehouse, shipping, delivery chaps or end consumer. 

Inventory commingling has anyway lead yo a rise of fake items being passed as originals. 

Amazon needs to allow open parcel deliveries + OTP based deliveries for all items, specially high value ones - but they must have calculated the cost of such an endeavour vs cost of returns/refunds, and decided against it. 

Some of their items - like phones - do come in a tamper proof packing with OTP based delivery, but open parcel should ideally decrease such scams. 

Agreed. 

They need to sort out their warehousing issues and implement a fool-proof way to make sure they aren’t stolen/misplaced by their own staff. 
I’ve received different products than what I ordered once or twice, but never happened with expensive products like phones. 

I’m still amazed how people can find dish soaps inside iPhone boxes, when the iPhone box is factory sealed by Apple. Those cases are surely fishy and they happened countless times before Amazon decided to be more strict with returns concerning expensive electronics. 

Edited by Vamos

1 minute ago, Vamos said:

I’m still amazed how people can find dish soaps inside iPhone boxes, when the iPhone box is factory sealed by Apple. Those cases are surely fishy and they happened countless times before Amazon decided to be more strict with returns concerning expensive electronic.  

The choices of sellers is important, I suppose. I always make it a point to buy from Cloudtail and Appario Retail, even for inexpensive stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vamos said:

Agreed. 

They need to sort out their warehousing issues and implement a fool-proof way to make sure they aren’t stolen/misplaced by their own staff. 
I’ve received different products than what I ordered once or twice, but never happened with expensive products like phones. 

I’m still amazed how people can find dish soaps inside iPhone boxes, when the iPhone box is factory sealed by Apple. Those cases are surely fishy and they happened countless times before Amazon decided to be more strict with returns concerning expensive electronic.  

Yeah. I've not recieved wrong products, but the recent "save the environment" packing is quite bad. My XSX box was just crushed and torn from the side, hopefully everything inside was fine.

Worst part is the delivery guys nowadays just keep the items at curb, mark it as delivered and then ring the bell - so you can't even refuse doorstep delivery if you feel things are fishy. 

Every delivery should be OTP based so that such issues don't happen. 

• Like 1