Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

14 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Somehow had opposite experience with their in store shopping. Last time I went inside a Croma store was in 2018, to buy a C8, and they didn't even bother attending for 10-15 mins. Just gave up and went to RD, who were excellent in offers, and sealed the deal with them. 

Never bothered with Croma since. 

I have experienced this too.

Was clearly interested in C9 but they didn't bother to attend. However, things were opposite in another store.

I think these guys know that they can't beat prices of RD or Vijay Sales and hence, don't even try.

I just ordered the Xbox controller from cloudtail amazon.in, now I'm scared after reading the last few pages.

I only buy from cloudtail/appario, you do get "used" items( or this is some scheme where they immediately put returned items up for sale ? ) even from them I guess, like I ordered a printer once and the cartridges were already installed, many days later i found out the cartridge wrappers in the box i.e they come in wrapper and you have to install them yourself, by then the return window had closed, printer worked fine though.

And Flipkart is a joke now, the site is garbage, many items show "undeliverable" so I'm not surprised even order fulfillment  has gone down the drain

8 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

It’s not like every store is perfect. Im sure that some one has a bad experience with RD like the Cancelled PS5 preorders. 

I agree. But my experience will be limited to my local stores, and RD has repeatedly gotten sales from us vs Croma. Polite sales chaps, great pricing, attentive. 

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have experienced this too.

Was clearly interested in C9 but they didn't bother to attend. However, things were opposite in another store.

I think these guys know that they can't beat prices of RD or Vijay Sales and hence, don't even try.

But then what's the point of opening shop ? How would they even know what I am there for ? :lol:

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Somehow had opposite experience with their in store shopping. Last time I went inside a Croma store was in 2018, to buy a C8, and they didn't even bother attending for 10-15 mins. Just gave up and went to RD, who were excellent in offers, and sealed the deal with them. 

They may have changed it up in the last 1-2 years, I've been there a couple of time since and the staff has been really helpful and knowledgeable.

which store? my experience with the one in Logix has been quite good, while the staff at the RD there were absolute idiots.

the Croma at Mall of India has been fine for me as well

2 hours ago, Walker said:

When you open that app on your phone I urge you to slap yourself. Really hard. Really really hard. Then uninstall that sh*t. And if your phone won't allow you to, buy a new one. Not from FK fgs. Anywhere else

2psb49.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, North said:

which store? my experience with the one in Logix has been quite good, while the staff at the RD there were absolute idiots.

the Croma at Mall of India has been fine for me as well

Mall of India. 

RD at Logix has been good for me so far. Did 3 big ticket purchases with them, and got really good prices + cashbacks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I just ordered the Xbox controller from cloudtail amazon.in, now I'm scared after reading the last few pages.

I only buy from cloudtail/appario, you do get "used" items( or this is some scheme where they immediately put returned items up for sale ? ) even from them I guess, like I ordered a printer once and the cartridges were already installed, many days later i found out the cartridge wrappers in the box i.e they come in wrapper and you have to install them yourself, by then the return window had closed, printer worked fine though.

And Flipkart is a joke now, the site is garbage, many items show "undeliverable" so I'm not surprised even order fulfillment  has gone down the drain

You’re pretty safe with Cloudtail/Appario; even returns wise makes it easier.

Flipkart's website looks and feels like shite too.

I ordered two iPhone 12s from them last year cuz the price was a banger but I was so f**king worried the entire time lmao

Bezos might be a bald nutcase but Amazon is way more reliable 

21 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Good for you. I have also bought few products from them but the real test of after sales is when an exception occurs and they were woefully incompetent at resolving it. 

They were good when they started out ~2013-14. I know the owner personally and have met him many times but the situation has worsened over the years to the point where even the distributors and reputed sellers I know have had issues with headphonezone

30 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

They were good when they started out ~2013-14. I know the owner personally and have met him many times but the situation has worsened over the years to the point where even the distributors and reputed sellers I know have had issues with headphonezone

Details ? 

Details ? 

Without naming anyone. Basically the normal when a person increases rapidly in stature and feels like he's the king of the world!

I know of a lot of retailers discontinuing good products because HPZ was the new distributor of those brands. Reduced margins, not entertaining good policies, not providing ample support and imposing excessive conditions of purchase of products etc.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 2:28 PM, Walker said:

I must be extremely lucky. Been dealing with Amazon since their inception here and I've received broken items, packages with the manufacturer seals broken, fake items, used items, empty boxes too. Most of this within the last 2-3 years iirc. I have yet to face an issue where CC has not arranged for a refund or replacement in the first try. No questions asked. At least as far as I remember.

Fartkart on the other hand. Just f**k 'em. Don't f**king buy anything from Fartkart. Just don't. When you open that app on your phone I urge you to slap yourself. Really hard. Really really hard. Then uninstall that sh*t. And if your phone won't allow you to, buy a new one. Not from FK fgs. Anywhere else.

But I recently bought a MacBook Air (M1) 13" from them. :mellow: It was delivered absolutely fine. I've maybe had a bad experience with either Flipkart or Amazon a total of 5-6 times, max. Mostly with low-value items. And the returns/refund process has been smooth, too!

Edited by VelivolusDas

I've been abusing the Audible free trial for well over a year now, but its my last month :( 

I keep hoping to get another 3/4 month free trial with Google Pay but my rewards have been sh*t recently. My current 3 month sub is also thanks to my friend. 

If anyone here gets an Audible code with GPay or otherwise - and doesn't plan on using it, please pass it on to me - would very much appreciate it :) 

Received the xbox controller today, was a used piece( as in somebody's return? ) batteries were missing :lol: but there was a usbc cable inside the box, and controller itself was dusty.

Seller was Cloudtail.

I guess the earlier person returned it because there are some discolored green rings on the casing where the analog sticks go.

Have asked for a return and refund.

bc time waste, should have bought from GTS only.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Received the xbox controller today, was a used piece( as in somebody's return? ) batteries were missing :lol: but there was a usbc cable inside the box, and controller itself was dusty.

Seller was Cloudtail.

I guess the earlier person returned it because there are some discolored green rings on the casing where the analog sticks go.

Have asked for a return and refund.

bc time waste, should have bought from GTS only.

Gaming stuff is f**ked up on Amazon/Flipkart.