Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Update-: Finally the package was delivered today, after chasing daily on twitter, facebook, various email ids since 10 March and it being misrouted twice

Thanks to everyone who retweeted my posts and also thanks to @iamX for sharing the email ids, that really helped as I wasn't getting a single update before that.

Also going by the experience I've had this time and also in the past (pickup guy not coming to pickup for days, delivering packages to random security guards bypassing otp, etc) I will stick to Bluedart etc going forward. Either that or only Shiprocket if no other option

Bluedart is really very good, i ship daily with them at average 3 parcels and haven't had an issues.

Earlier fedex was the king but then delhivery took it and turned it too sh*t. Another good option is dtdc but customer support sucks.

If I order something on Amazon.COM (US Site) - it tells me that it would cost about 30 USD for shipping and import fees, payable up front.

Thats it right? I pay and order - it arrives at my door, no additional fees or anything? 

2 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Anyone have a Samsung referral code that I can use? Want to buy a tab s8 from their site.

Didn’t know about this feature. Thanks!

I want to buy phone from the Samsung site. If anyone has a referral code, would be really helpful :)

7 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Didn’t know about this feature. Thanks!

I want to buy phone from the Samsung site. If anyone has a referral code, would be really helpful :)

Samsung referal allowes one to refer anyone with a unique code. With that code a person can get upto 5% discount however any other code like 20k etc won't be applicable then. Card discounts remain as it as. 

The person who refers gets maximum Rs 1500/- samsung voucher depending upong product. A person can refer maximum 3 person in a year. 

I hope this is helpful for people who are not aware about this program 

Can refer following link for more information 

https://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/shop-referral/

Edited by hannibal09
Correction
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant offer on iPad Pro 11-inch 256 GB @ Rs.69,900 plus 4K discount using HDFC card, that's Rs. 65,400 for 256 GB while 128GB is retail in for 69k on Amazon

Only reason I am not going for it cuz it is Flipkart (Seller is their usual HydtelRETAILSsales) and I don't have faith in FK anymore.

5 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I have had many bad experiences, a few with high value items. And really the customer support is $#!t compared to Amazon. Too much of a hassle.

27 minutes ago, Vamos said:

20 minutes ago, Aercy said:

I have had many bad experiences, a few with high value items. And really the customer support is $#!t compared to Amazon. Too much of a hassle.

Forget comparisons. On its own without anything to compare to I think shitkart is exactly what cs should not be. Ranjit was spot on. It's all about the sale, service be damned. 

• Like 1

Many restaurants I order from have opened their own direct, delivery service. 

And they give 30% off or even 50% on some days if you order direct, free delivery etc. 

Zomato and Swiggy charge almost same as commissions.

I always check direct website before ordering from Zomato. For dining, Zomato is still decent.

• 3 weeks later...