Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

11 minutes ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Are there any good type C to C cables available?

Planning to buy the 25W Samsung charging brick as the default 15w one is just too slow. 

Should I get the charger + cable combo from tata cliq or should I get a different and better cable?

Using the Samsung 25W cable with the Amazon Braided C-to-C cable, working perfectly.

7 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Using the Samsung 25W cable with the Amazon Braided C-to-C cable, working perfectly.

AB braided cable is like 1500 bucks. I have the iOS one, and it's terrible. Is the C to C good ? I am also looking for a decent C to C cable, and Amazon pricing is generally between 1500-1700 bucks. At this price, might just buy the Apple C cable. 1900 bucks. Lasts LONG. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

AB braided cable is like 1500 bucks. I have the iOS one, and it's terrible. Is the C to C good ? I am also looking for a decent C to C cable, and Amazon pricing is generally between 1500-1700 bucks. At this price, might just buy the Apple C cable. 1900 bucks. Lasts LONG. 

Amazon C-to-C has two versions, Usb 2.0 and Usb 3.1

Apple one is 3 feet for 1900 and not braided while Amzon 2.0 6 feet goes for 800 bucks (you will have to search well because sometimes it is out of stock) and 3.1 6 feet going for 1400.

Amazon 2.0 3 feet is 700 bucks.

I don't think 3.1 is needed unless you have specific data transfer use cases.

51 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Apple one is 3 feet for 1900 and not braided while Amzon 2.0 6 feet goes for 800 bucks (you will have to search well because sometimes it is out of stock) and 3.1 6 feet going for 1400.

I've used the braided AB iOS C to lightning cable a few years ago, and it was absolutely crap. Never charged my iPad via laptop, while the official Apple cable never had issues. 

Not a fan of AB cables in general since. 

43 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I've used the braided AB iOS C to lightning cable a few years ago, and it was absolutely crap. Never charged my iPad via laptop, while the official Apple cable never had issues. 

Not a fan of AB cables in general since. 

Just got one of those too. It is working fine with my work iPhone with the laptop. I don't have an iPad to test.

13 hours ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

Are there any good type C to C cables available?

Planning to buy the 25W Samsung charging brick as the default 15w one is just too slow. 

Should I get the charger + cable combo from tata cliq or should I get a different and better cable?

Got an Ambrane Type C to C cable and it works flawlessly. Also got an Ambrane charging brick and it fast charges my Pixel 4a.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B082LSVT4B/

• Thanks 2

Not sure if this is the correct place. Asking for a friend. He just bought s22 ultra and is looking for bluetooth ear buds. 

which ones should he go for?

1. Sony - 1000XM4

2. Bose - quietcomfort/soundsport

3. Samsung - Galaxy Buds 2

from price perspective there is a huge diff, but he willing to spend more if sony/bose will give better experience with seamless connectivity.

14 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Not sure if this is the correct place. Asking for a friend. He just bought s22 ultra and is looking for bluetooth ear buds. 

which ones should he go for?

1. Sony - 1000XM4

2. Bose - quietcomfort/soundsport

3. Samsung - Galaxy Buds 2

from price perspective there is a huge diff, but he willing to spend more if sony/bose will give better experience with seamless connectivity.

XM4 - If he has the budget. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:36 AM, KunjanPSD said:

I have the braided one USB A to C and its a pain to use it, for some reason it constantly keeps disconnecting my charging brick from the socket as well and its just difficult to manage haha, can't explain.

Is the amazon 2.1 better than the original Samsung type c to c cable? And I'm assuming there's no difference in charging speed right between 2.1 and 3.1 cable or b/w the samsung original cable and the other third party one like amazonbasics?

1 hour ago, Lazyboy8134 said:

I have the braided one USB A to C and its a pain to use it, for some reason it constantly keeps disconnecting my charging brick from the socket as well and its just difficult to manage haha, can't explain.

Is the amazon 2.1 better than the original Samsung type c to c cable? And I'm assuming there's no difference in charging speed right between 2.1 and 3.1 cable or b/w the samsung original cable and the other third party one like amazonbasics?

No difference when it comes to charging between Amazon 2.1/3.1 and official. Can't say about others.

For data, I don't think Samsung's is 3.1, not that you need 3.1 practically.

Edited by KunjanPSD
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:19 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Need to get a basic color printer for a kid's school needs.

Priority is cost/print although will obviously refill it locally later on.

Any suggestions which are not very expensive and provides a decent value?

Avoid if you are not using many prints as ink may dry up.

Also any help on where to post complaint for a ekart package its been 2 weeks

Wed, 18th May

9:31 pm

Lucknow

Your item has arrived at a Flipkart Facility

Sun, 22nd May

3:32 am

Lucknow

Your item has left a Flipkart Facility

Tue, 24th May

11:28 am

Thane

Wed, 25th May

2:11 am

Thane

4 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Avoid if you are not using many prints as ink may dry up.

Also any help on where to post complaint for a ekart package its been 2 weeks

Wed, 18th May

9:31 pm

Lucknow

Sun, 22nd May

3:32 am

Lucknow

Tue, 24th May

11:28 am

Thane

Wed, 25th May

2:11 am

Thane

Seedha INGRAM pe grievance daalo and send Grievance Docket Number to ekart by mail.

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/user/

Either send FK or Ekart the docket number.

I would suggest to raise grievance against FLipkart and then send this via mail to them, assuming you already have an ongoing thread with them.

I have done it twice for ShitKart now - and I get a response within 24 hours after sending then an email with INGRAM docket number. Works like a charm. 

Also, ShitKart does not allow you to cancel items (at least with grocery) 24 hours after ordering them ! I tried to do it since they delayed the delivery by 3 days (after the EDD), and there was no option - CC said it's not possible.