Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

On 6/17/2022 at 5:27 PM, LordSpymaster said:

Any decent way to get money out of the Amazon GC to my bank? Got a GC but I prefer to spend it on another site and need that cash. 

If someone has an upcoming purchase > 4K, do consider helping me out. :cheers:

There are many buying groups of whatsapp where you can sell your vouchers at some discount. You can try them

Stacked up my YT Premium for another as it was giving a chance. Now extended till June 2024.

I think at 1299 per year, youtube is a bit expensive service. OTTs range between 999 to 1499 and they give a lot of content. YT Premium, I only use it for ad free experience and occasionally YT music which has all the songs but that's about it. Not interested in their exclusive episodes and seasons. 

The only reason I got it is because I use it a lot. 

31 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Stacked up my YT Premium for another as it was giving a chance. Now extended till June 2024.

I think at 1299 per year, youtube is a bit expensive service. OTTs range between 999 to 1499 and they give a lot of content. YT Premium, I only use it for ad free experience and occasionally YT music which has all the songs but that's about it. Not interested in their exclusive episodes and seasons. 

Do they allow yearly payment for the family plan?

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Is it really worth it? I've been using Vanced since forever. :fear:

26 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

It’s very useful if you watch a lot of YouTube on your TV/console. 

And adds even more value if you use YouTube Music as your main music app. 

Agree, but youtube has forced to purchased cause of the ads

The smartplayer on tv is great but not sure how long it will last. Vanced is already dead and could broken any time 

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

I got it a while back because I watch it a lot. Plus I play You tube Music mostly on Android auto. Was paying 129 per month. Then got it converted to family as wife and kid watches it too and Ads are annoying to them. It's 189 per month for family plan. 

5 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Need to check on this.

4 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

It is if you watch it on TV and use You tube music. Otherwise Vanced is enough. 

7 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Nope, they don't allow it.

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

Try to get 5 other folks and start a family plan. Will cost you 30 bucks a month. I share it with 5 other guys here on IVG.

6 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Vanced development has stopped last time I checked. Its any time now some youtube update will break the app.

25 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Are new family subs not available for Youtube Premium in India? That is what they say on their website because of RBI e-mandate requirement. Will I require to make a manual payment every month?

I had this problem a few of months ago when the whole RBI-mandate thing happened. I was under the impression that YT had not updated their systems and my entire family ended up buying individual subscriptions for those few months. Then, 2 months ago (IIRC), magically, the option was available again. So, I subscribed to the Family Plan and haven't dared to go to that section again. :fear:

51 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Will I require to make a manual payment every month?

Nope. 

As the amount is less than 5000, you just need to set up a one-time mandate with for card and it'll keep getting auto debited every month. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I never set up an e mandate and my payment keeps going through my Amex every month. 

Yeah, it looks like foreign bank cards don't need any mandates yet. 

My Stan Char card works fine, but axis, icici cards don't.