Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

Is it worth waiting for Prime day? I want to buy a pop up toaster, I don't have amazon prime sub. Can i expect good discount during Prime day even for non prime user? 

Discounts on prime days don't get applied to non prime users. You'll generally see same price as now. The sale is to entice people to sign on to prime. 

Get someone with Prime to order it for you. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Discounts on prime days don't get applied to non prime users. You'll generally see same price as now. The sale is to entice people to sign on to prime. 

Get someone with Prime to order it for you. 

I am getting the option to buy Prime for 1250rs including 250rs amazon pay balance. I was thinking if that is worth just for Prime Video?

14 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

I am getting the option to buy Prime for 1250rs including 250rs amazon pay balance. I was thinking if that is worth just for Prime Video?

Definitely. Lots of good movies n series 

7 minutes ago, Engineer said:

New xbox controller available anywhere? Every site it is out of stock

even GTS?

I did read about controller shortages

48 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Take it if you regularly buy from Amazon like me. Prime video is quite good as well and you can use Amazon music too without ads. 

11 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Worth it. 

30 minutes ago, DinJo said:

How trusty is ajio for sneakers since there are too many fakes for sneakers 

Perfumes and sneakers, two things to never buy online. 

4 hours ago, DinJo said:

How trusty is ajio for sneakers since there are too many fakes for sneakers 

Don't.

I bought Puma cricket shoes from them couple of years back. Were original. However last year we had terrible experience with their return and replacement stuff. Had to chase them for 2 months.

Stick with Amazon and Flipkart. 

For sports shoes I believe buying directly from manufacturer website is quite beneficial in terms of originality.

15 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Without a doubt. Prime even without video is worth it if you buy a lot of stuff from them. Prime video is worth standalone too. 

5 hours ago, DinJo said:

Not even from official site? 

Manufacturer sites are fine, but there was a huge revelation by large seller on how even offline stores like Shoppers Stop might be duped with fake items - specially perfume. Pretty long a*s discussion on TE. Cant find the thread now - maybe the situation has changed. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:33 PM, DinJo said:

Was also thinking Brooks Ghost 14 which is more comfortable for standing and walking 

They are good, also consider New Balance 1080

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Manufacturer sites are fine, but there was a huge revelation by large seller on how even offline stores like Shoppers Stop might be duped with fake items - specially perfume. Pretty long a*s discussion on TE. Cant find the thread now - maybe the situation has changed. 

Yes puma has sales and RSX going for good price. 

2 hours ago, abhi90 said:

They are good, also consider New Balance 1080

Customer support is non existent due to lack of India presence its no go here 

guys, how is Treasure Hunt Online seller on Flipkart ? 

It's rating is 3.7

reliable ? I ordered an MacBook Air M1 Abhi, but I am having doubts because:

1. it is an M1 air 256gb, which are out of stock everywhere. Did I order a legit product ?

2. price listed was 92.900

they have shipped the order, yes. but should I cancel it and wait for someplace reliable like amazon to list M1 air ?

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

guys, how is Treasure Hunt Online seller on Flipkart ? 

It's rating is 3.7

reliable ? I ordered an MacBook Air M1 Abhi, but I am having doubts because:

1. it is an M1 air 256gb, which are out of stock everywhere. Did I order a legit product ?

2. price listed was 92.900

they have shipped the order, yes. but should I cancel it and wait for someplace reliable like amazon to list M1 air ?

If it were me , I’d cancel. 

Cause there are enough horror stories both here and online for me to never order anything from flipkart ever

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

If it were me , I’d cancel. 

Cause there are enough horror stories both here and online for me to never order anything from flipkart ever

yeah. I cancelled the order.

I googled the seller (treasure haul online btw) and there were lots of complaints against it on a consumer website. Hence I noped out. my 6th sense was not giving good vibe.

I'll wait for amazon to restock the M1 airs. 

My M1 MacBook Air was ordered from Flipkart, too. Back in January 2022. No hassles whatsoever and an amazing experience overall.

Seller was SuperComNet which, I believe, is to Flipkart what Cloudtail or Appario are to Amazon. Also, it was a F-Assured delivery. That's just something I look out for when ordering from Flipkart. Like how I order only Prime-delivery products on Amazon.

But yeah, TREASURE HAUL ONLINE with a 3.7 rating doesn't instill confidence. Good decision to cancel the order, IMO.

Also @Nemo: I'm just curious, why not order from Apple's website directly? Utmost peace of mind, IMO.

1 minute ago, VelivolusDas said:

My M1 MacBook Air was ordered from Flipkart, too. Back in January 2022. No hassles whatsoever and an amazing experience overall.

Seller was SuperComNet which, I believe, is to Flipkart what Cloudtail or Appario are to Amazon. Also, it was a F-Assured delivery. That's just something I look out for when ordering from Flipkart. Like how I order only Prime-delivery products on Amazon.

But yeah, TREASURE HAUL ONLINE with a 3.7 rating doesn't instill confidence. Good decision to cancel the order, IMO.

Also @Nemo: I'm just curious, why not order from Apple's website directly? Utmost peace of mind, IMO.

M1 airs are out of stock everywhere. M2 is gonna launch and id assume they have pulled out all old stock. 

I searched on apple's website and they gave an estimate of 20-27 august as delivery for M1. I feel late august is when the Macs will be restocked, will wait tab tak.

Also, is it just me or the ivg website is hella slow ? I mean I am visiting here after 4 yrs but posts take a good while to get posted.